The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #76
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I thought Ingram and Richardson were far better complete prospects coming out of college, but Lacy has had a very good showing thus far.

The knock on him was long term health concerns about that fused foot. Let us not forget Green Bay traded back in the second thinking they would get Ball, because Lacy was still on the board.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #77
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

It's cute to me that people on this board don't know awful run defense when they see it. James Starks averaged pretty much the same per carry as Lacy. Lacy is playing well overall, but you guys are cracking me up. Oh and let's not pretend the medical issues magically went away. That was the real reason the Broncos passed on him after all.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #78
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Ogletree over Sylvester for the win!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #79
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
The knock on him was long term health concerns about that fused foot.
Yup, hard to knock the FO for passing on him considering this issue. But, frustrating to see him doing so well compared to Ball.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #80
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
lol, whatever. You are probably one of the same people who are now all in favor of Moreno yet you were calling him a bust his rookie year. Congrats.
It's not like I started posting here yesterday. There is plenty of post history to look at. I have been pretty skeptical of Moreno (and I think with good reason). For several seasons the guy showed almost no burst. His running this year has been nothing short of remarkable, particularly given how bad he's been otherwise.

I think Ball may be a fine running back, but I've yet to see him run with the power and burst that Lacy routinely shows. The guy looks fantastic.

Drafting is hard, I get that. Sometimes you screw up. I think they screwed up.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #81
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

LAcy looked good, but let's remember street free agent Brandon Jacobs had a 22/106/2 TD line against Chicago's run defense earlier this year.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #82
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Lacy has looked good most of the year and it getting better. He's def far and away the best back from the past draft.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #83
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Ogletree over Sylvester for the win!
ed reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Definitely upset we missed out on Ogletree... but hoping sly makes the leap next year
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #84
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I was told by everyone Olgletree wasn't gonna be good.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #85
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It's cute to me that people on this board don't know awful run defense when they see it. James Starks averaged pretty much the same per carry as Lacy. Lacy is playing well overall, but you guys are cracking me up. Oh and let's not pretend the medical issues magically went away. That was the real reason the Broncos passed on him after all.
Anything that tarnishes your opinion would be "cute." Actually, it is just inconvenient for you that he is doing well.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #86
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I think it had more to do with his four game suspension for substance abuse and a DUI. Red flags. Fisher has always been willing to roll the dice on those guys. So far, it's working out.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #87
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Where would we have played Ogletree though. Would you drop Trevathan for him
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #88
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
It's not like I started posting here yesterday. There is plenty of post history to look at. I have been pretty skeptical of Moreno (and I think with good reason). For several seasons the guy showed almost no burst. His running this year has been nothing short of remarkable, particularly given how bad he's been otherwise.

I think Ball may be a fine running back, but I've yet to see him run with the power and burst that Lacy routinely shows. The guy looks fantastic.

Drafting is hard, I get that. Sometimes you screw up. I think they screwed up.
fair enough but the point is we simply don't know if Ball is gonna pan out or not because the coaching staff is playing Moreno so much. As for Lacey, as I mentioned in another post even Starks looked good against that defense and the holes were huge. Granted, Lacey looks like he's gonna be good but I've also seen some flashes from Ball that is encouraging. IMHO, Ball needs more carries and that is difficult because Moreno is finally living up to the hype.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #89
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Anything that tarnishes your opinion would be "cute." Actually, it is just inconvenient for you that he is doing well.
Huh? My opinion is that, as usual, people on this board are ridiculously premature with how they judge rookies, both good and bad. Ball hasn't gotten to carry the load in a game once yet. Lacy has and has had some good games. What either turns out to be in the long run is still far from being seen. Bunch of ADD cases around here...
Old 11-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #90
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Huh? My opinion is that, as usual, people on this board are ridiculously premature with how they judge rookies, both good and bad. Ball hasn't gotten to carry the load in a game once yet. Lacy has and has had some good games. What either turns out to be in the long run is still far from being seen. Bunch of ADD cases around here...
YOU SUCK..simple as that.never go against the front office..you are a type of person that doesn't say anything bad and it causes more harm than good.

I hope you are not like this in your real life and say as you see.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #91
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with people pointing out that Lacy has looked solid in his past few outings or mentioning that M-Ball has been pretty lackluster.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #92
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with people pointing out that Lacy has looked solid in his past few outings or mentioning that M-Ball has been pretty lackluster.
When people make snap judgments based on a few good games by one guy and a tiny sample size for the other, yeah there's something wrong. Ball may end up sucking. Lacy may end up in the Hall of Fame. But right now all I see is people jumping to conclusions and confirming their own biases. People shouldn't judge rookies so quickly. For good or bad. Let it play out.

And again, the Broncos passed on Lacy because of medical issues. They made that pretty clear. And the fact is that most of the other NFL teams felt the same way. That's why he fell. He was considered to have 1st round talent. But talent means nothing if you can't stay healthy. It should be interesting to see if he can prove all the medical staffs around the league wrong.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 11-05-2013 at 01:22 PM..
Old 11-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #93
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
fair enough but the point is we simply don't know if Ball is gonna pan out or not because the coaching staff is playing Moreno so much. As for Lacey, as I mentioned in another post even Starks looked good against that defense and the holes were huge. Granted, Lacey looks like he's gonna be good but I've also seen some flashes from Ball that is encouraging. IMHO, Ball needs more carries and that is difficult because Moreno is finally living up to the hype.
This exactly. Ball has looked fine so far aside from the early fumbling issues, but he's not gotten many carries and a large percentage of those he has gotten have been in sort yardage situations or when running the clock out. Not sure why people don't get that.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #94
Prodigal19
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
YOU SUCK..simple as that.never go against the front office..you are a type of person that doesn't say anything bad and it causes more harm than good.

I hope you are not like this in your real life and say as you see.
Your posts are oddly reminiscent of Incognitos dads'.
Prodigal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #95
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
When people make snap judgments based on a few good games by one guy and a tiny sample size for the other, yeah there's something wrong. Ball may end up sucking. Lacy may end up in the Hall of Fame. But right now all I see is people jumping to conclusions and confirming their own biases. People shouldn't judge rookies so quickly. For good or bad. Let it play out.

And again, the Broncos passed on Lacy because of medical issues. They made that pretty clear. And the fact is that most of the other NFL teams felt the same way. That's why he fell. He was considered to have 1st round talent. But talent means nothing if you can't stay healthy. It should be interesting to see if he can prove all the medical staffs around the league wrong.
Lol. I look forward to not seeing you MMQB things as others are in the near future.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #96
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
More like he wouldn't be a scheme fit at MLB.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #97
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Lacy has looked good most of the year and it getting better. He's def far and away the best back from the past draft.
Yeah Gio and Bell aren't slouches.

Bell who I really liked from the draft has looked fantastic. Pittsburgh is always playing from behind. And Gio looks electric when he touches the ball.

Lacy has run hard and has looked better than Ball. But as others pointed out, Chicago isn't stout vs the run, and Lacy struggled running this year at times, just as easy as he has run well.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #98
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
More like he wouldn't be a scheme fit at MLB.
Which was equally as absurd. I stated FOREVER that he would be best at WILL, but could play MIKE. I have no doubts he could do what Woodyard and Trevathan are doing here. His play proves that.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #99
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Which was equally as absurd. I stated FOREVER that he would be best at WILL, but could play MIKE. I have no doubts he could do what Woodyard and Trevathan are doing here. His play proves that.
Where would he fit? Who do you bench?

Agreed he could play Will, but WW was our starting Will prior to the draft.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #100
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Where would he fit? Who do you bench?

Agreed he could play Will, but WW was our starting Will prior to the draft.
Everything is based on circumstance. Trevathan moved to full-time WILL after WWIII got moved into MIKE.

I didn't envision the team having Danny as a full-time WILL this year. Which is why I advocated drafting Ogletree to give us flexibility with who we had. Whoever out of WWIII/Ogletree performed better, that is where you would place them.

I like Danny as a player, but I'd take Ogletree over him and a heartbeat. Long-term, I would probably take him over WWIII though, but he's my boi and I drafted that boi in OM Mock draft boi.