The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
B-Large
Ring of Famer
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Expunged... Accidently?

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default So Let's Say You Are a NFL Defensive Coordinator....

Who would be more terrifying to play against on Offense:

2013 Denver Broncos @ SAF

2013 New England Patriots @ Gillette

After watching Brady curb Stomp the Steelers yesterday, I have to say, Brady looked almost flawless and was tossing Bullets.

Of course Manning is a game maestro and we have seen it all season sans one game in Indy.

Records aside, who is the better Offense and why?
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

The bigger question is what's the weather like.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 47,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Who would be more terrifying to play against on Offense:

2013 Denver Broncos @ SAF

2013 New England Patriots @ Gillette

After watching Brady curb Stomp the Steelers yesterday, I have to say, Brady looked almost flawless and was tossing Bullets.

Of course Manning is a game maestro and we have seen it all season sans one game in Indy.

Records aside, who is the better Offense and why?
What's SAF?
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Pats will be tough come playoffs but the oline has real problems at RT. Miller may be able to get around that end. Pats will do a lot of max protect and just throw it to Gronk. Gotta put the double team on that TE if you want to have a shot.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
slatimer
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 281

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
What's SAF?
Sports Authority Field
slatimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Name:  Peyton Manning stats graph _ Stats Lab - NFL.com - 2013-11-04_13.18.59.png
Views: 637
Size:  113.3 KB
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 47,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatimer View Post
Sports Authority Field
Oh...he means Mile High. Never heard anyone refer to it as SAF in writing and never hear anyome call it Sports Authority outside of the media.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #8
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,491

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

I think Peyton is not only better, but his supporting cast is also MUCH better.

Denver by a mile[high].
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #9
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,022
Default

The Squealers are old and terrible.

I wouldn't put too much weight in yesterday's game.

Denver has way more weapons and is scoring a lot with an "in progress" running game.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #10
slatimer
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 281

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Oh...he means Mile High. Never heard anyone refer to it as SAF in writing and never hear anyome call it Sports Authority outside of the media.
slatimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #11
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,159

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Wow I never realized Manning is only one year older that Brady
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,757

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
The Squealers are old and terrible.

I wouldn't put too much weight in yesterday's game.

Denver has way more weapons and is scoring a lot with an "in progress" running game.

this ^

I think at this point my AZ Cards would make the Steelers _efense look bad as well.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #13
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,856

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Wow I never realized Manning is only one year older that Brady
That's because he is not one year older, good sir! He is one year, four months, and nine days older!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,656

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
this ^

I think at this point my AZ Cards would make the Steelers _efense look bad as well.
It was almost painful, and funny (at the same time), to watch Polamalu try to chase people down...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #15
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Name:  2013 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN - 2013-11-04_13.45.23.png
Views: 580
Size:  18.6 KB
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #16
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,656

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
I'm assuming that average includes yesterday's game. I feel that the points they scored, yesterday, will be an outlier. Even with that anomaly, Denver is STILL averaging almost double that of New England...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,453

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
The bigger question is what's the weather like.
That is a good point, but all things equal Denver is a giant problem. Who do you cover? Double DT or Decker and Welker and JT are killing you over the middle. Put extra coverage in the middle and DT and Decker eat your DBs lunch all day long. Add in we can run just well enough that it has to be respected.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #18
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,159

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
That's because he is not one year older, good sir! He is one year, four months, and nine days older!

Seriously people speak of Manning being on his last leg all the time yet you seldom here of that talk about Brady. They both have had serious injuries they have recovered from yet there is much more "how much does he have left in the tank" about Manning than Brady.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #19
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I'm assuming that average includes yesterday's game. I feel that the points they scored, yesterday, will be an outlier. Even with that anomaly, Denver is STILL averaging almost double that of New England...
Yes, before that the Pats were down in the mid 20's.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #20
B-Large
Ring of Famer
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Expunged... Accidently?

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Seriously people speak of Manning being on his last leg all the time yet you seldom here of that talk about Brady. They both have had serious injuries they have recovered from yet there is much more "how much does he have left in the tank" about Manning than Brady.
Not true at all.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...howing-His-Age

this thread shows up on the Bills board every year, has for about 3-4 years... without looking because he continues to romp the Bills every year I bet that thread is at least 20 pages deep... never underestimate the power of denial and wishful thinking... lol... as an example I heard the Chiefs are game planning for Zac Dysert next week during their bye... like I said, wishful thinking...
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #21
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit
 
broncogary's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Not true at all.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...howing-His-Age

this thread shows up on the Bills board every year, has for about 3-4 years... without looking because he continues to romp the Bills every year I bet that thread is at least 20 pages deep... never underestimate the power of denial and wishful thinking... lol... as an example I heard the Chiefs are game planning for Zac Dysert next week during their bye... like I said, wishful thinking...
It would actually be tougher for KC to have to go up against Dysert since they have very little game tape on him.
broncogary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #22
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,018

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Regular season, Peyton is scarier ....
Post-season, Brady is.

Sorry, but ....
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #23
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,491

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Regular season, Peyton is scarier ....
Post-season, Brady is.

Sorry, but ....
Funny to hear a Bronco fan have that POV...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #24
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,910

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

If you've only been a bronco fan since 2011, I could understnd that POV.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #25
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,018

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Brady is the dope-scariest ever imo ... David Tyree was not his fault. I think Belichick gets way more credit for Pats-dynas-tee than he deserves.

Remember, BB drafted and coached Brady for 16 months, and then Wise Bill decided to - gulp - re-sign Drew Bledsoe to a monster extension. Cap'n Drew promptly opened the season 0-2 and was injured ... that's when BB's little afterthought came in and went 11-3 and Lombardi makes GEE! That Belichick got pretty lucky, didn't he ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Denver Broncos