The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #26
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

SoCal's Thoughts on Miami draft prospects at seasons midpoint

Offense

QB Stephen Morris (Sr.)
Pros: Elite arm strength. Throws a beautiful deep and intermediate ball, even on the run. Can make all the difficult throws even to the other side of the field. Great zip and velocity and quick release. Has good mobility (prior to high ankle sprain this year). Very good skill set and won the skills competition at the Manning passing academy this summer.

Cons: Makes some very risky throws, doesn't always take what D gives him, tries to do too much and gets alot of picks as a result. Made considerable progress with reads/decision making Jr. Year under Jedd Fisch but reverted back to old habits as a Sr. Needs work with footwork and accuracy. Low floor and high ceiling so you could get anything in between, depends on how good of a QB coach he gets. Could be anywhere from Kyle Boller (low end) or Jay Cutler (high end)...so there's a wildcard factor there. Will need a year on the bench to learn.

WR Allen Hurns (Sr.)
Pros: runs great routes, knows how to get open. The QBs safety blanket, especially on third down. Good hands. Reliable, solid player with very good work ethic and character. Excellent run blocker for a WR. Very experienced.
Cons: doesnt have great speed and therefore sometimes struggles to get separation. Doesn't have great size. Could have issue getting off the line vs NFL corners.

WR Philip Dorsett (Jr.)
Pros: Big play threat. Has very good straight line speed and excellent deep threat. Explosive and a TD maker. This guy is a difference maker when he is on his game.

Cons: isn't consistent or sure handed. Had issue earlier in career with big drops in big games but improved in that regard as a Jr. Kind of a one trick pony with the deep ball. Not proficient inside the hashes, is more of just a go, post, comeback and deep cross guy. Despite straight line speed, isn't shifty and doesn't have alot of wiggle.

TE Clive Walford (R Jr.)

Pros: The "Warlord" is a ok run blocker and also a very good weapon in the passing game. Despite stocky running style, makes alot of big catches down the field and can eat up yards in a hurry. Too big for LBs. Is underrated and underutilized. If it wasn't for the fact that guys like Eric Ebron and Nick O'Leary were in his conference, he would be All-ACC. Really productive when they actually throw him the ball....great YPC.
Cons: Needs some more experience since he has split time with other TEs, but is a really underrated TE prospect. If he returns for his senior year, he could be a first rounder in 2015. If he dropped a little weight and worked on his blocking some more he could really take that next step.

G Brandon Linder (Sr.)
Pros: very technically sound. Versatile, can play G or T. Solid in run blocking and pass blocking. Should be a solid long term NFL starter at guard. Leader and high character.
Cons: isn't super athletic and had issues with superior DTs in Florida game. Can get overpowered.

G Jon Feliciano (R Jr.)
Pros: Excellent run blocker, especially on power plays. Not as good as zone blocker. Road grader.
Cons: prolly can improve as a pass blocker but he will be fine as an NFL RG in a power system. Willhave trouble vs. DT with quick step in pass pro.Mongo Feliciano should be an NFL starter after a year or so as a backup honing his skills some more.

Seantrel Henderson (Sr.)
Pros: Good skillset. Outside of sophomore LT Ereck Flowers, Henderson has the most potential of anyone on the line. Long arms and mammoth frame. Was excellent pass blockeras a Jr., giving Bjoern Werner a hard time last year. Has ability to be a great run blocker.
Cons: Unreliable off the field. Good for a distraction once or twice a year. Not a bad kid, but seems to just attract this stuff. Takes dumb penalties. Had issues with work ethic and commitment for most of his career. Will not test well strength wise despite his size, didnt like to work in weight room for most of career. Regressed as pass blocker as a Sr. Despite size, he isn't as good in run game as he should be. OL is ridiculously good when he isn't in the lineup and it takes a step back when he is at RT, even though he has more pro potential than other linemen, which is frustrating. Ultimate high risk high reward player that will either be a long time quality starter or be out of the league by his second training camp. I wouldn't draft him myself unless it was the 4th round or later.

Defense and ST later.

Go Canes!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 10-19-2013 at 11:02 AM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #27
lookin' glass
Pro Bowler

SoCal what do you think of Van Noy? I'm still wanting more pass rush from the front 4 but Van Noy looks great. The LB from Buffalo (college) also looks great.
lookin' glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #28
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Anyone have any information on Aaron Donald out of PITT?

SSJ, what can you tell me about Jayrone Elliott (Toledo)?
I like Jayrone Elliot quite a bit. He's about 6'3 and 240 pounds. He plays a hybrid DE/OLB position for Toledo. He looks bigger than 6'3 and 240. I think he had 6 sacks last season and has 5 this season, including one against Navy yesterday, as well as a 68 yards fumble return for a TD in which he showed a lot of athleticism. Right now he's probably being looked at as a choice UDFA, but there's a lot of time between now and the draft. Good closing speed on the QB.

Here is a clip of his fumble return yesterday against Navy:

http://www.hustlebelt.com/mac-footba...umble-recovery

Toledo's best draft prospects are probably: Center Zac Kerin, RB David Fluellen, Will LB, Junior Sylvestre, and the already mentioned DE/OLB Jayrone Elliot.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #29
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I would love the Shanny style of throwing a BUNCH of darts at one position and seeing which sticks... DE/OLB... Get Von a buddy.... I also would like Another Olineman brought in for competition... We have fairly good depth, but I want the BEST in the league...
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #30
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Can play inside or out and has great cover skills. I want him.
He interests me but Alabama players haven't fared well of late coming from Alabama. Upshaw, McClain and to a lesser degree Hightower.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #31
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin' glass View Post
SoCal what do you think of Van Noy? I'm still wanting more pass rush from the front 4 but Van Noy looks great. The LB from Buffalo (college) also looks great.
Mack and Van Noy are probably out of our range.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #32
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Mack will probably go Top 15 if he has a great combine, a lot of mocks have Van Noy around our area or to us, but I think he will rise as well.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #33
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Very interesting..
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #34
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Mosley, Dix, Van Noy, Murphy, Purifoy, Ekpre-Olomu, Johnson, Richardson, Yankey. Good options for us.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #35
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Follow up to post 26.....analysis of UM defensive and ST prospects

Anthony Chickillo DE (3-4) Jr. (Expected to return for Sr. Season)

Pros: Very hard worker. Solid defender against the run, will make TFL. Has put on 25 pounds from his initial 250 frame. Has decent array of moves and non stop motor. High character. Good bloodlines. With another year of strength work and weight gain, should be good enough to be a decent rotational NFL 3-4 DE. Reminds me of a bigger, somewhat better version of John Engelberger.

Cons: Not explosive as a pass rusher. Gets his sacks thru sheer effort and power, won't beat anyone off the edge, has slow feet, little burst. Needs another year of seasoning and 15 more pounds to get up to 290 because right now he's too small to be a 4-3 DT (and not explosive enough) but too big to be a 4-3 DE.

DT Curtis Porter Sr.

Pros: Mammoth NT prospect. Excellent vs. the run. Improved conditioning. Difference maker vs. inside run when he is on the field. Forces double teams.

Cons: Extremely injury prone during career. Doesn't offer much as a pass rusher. Got passed up as a Sr. at times by UVA transfer Justin Renfrow. Not as effective late in the year as he was early on.

LB Denzel Perryman Jr. (Expected to enter draft, just had kid)

Pros: When at ideal weight is a very fast and active LB. Excellent tackler and hard hitter. Agile defender who is good vs. pass and run, can go sideline to sideline. Will test very well strength wise...built well. Very instinctive when deployed in 4-3 Will or Mike role. Will be a very good starting 4-3 Will in the NFL.

Cons: Currently miscast as a 3-4 ILB which is harming his production. Up to about 245 to fit that role which is about 10 pounds heavier than what is the optimum weight for his frame, so speed has suffered a bit compared to prior years. A bit of a tough time adjusting to 3-4 reads, etc. Sometimes has issues getting off blocks.

P Pat O'Donnell (Sr.)

Pros: Excellent at both punting and kickoffs. Gets great hang time and also very consistent eith great averages per punt. Good directional punter and can change field position. Well built for a punter and not afraid to hit people. Does good job getting punts off quick. Very dedicated during practice.

Cons: None really.

Go Canes!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #36
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

So the Canes best pro prospect is a punter? Will he go in the first? Da U.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #37
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
So the Canes best pro prospect is a punter? Will he go in the first? Da U.
He's a very good prospect.

I think we will have 6 guys drafted. Two are first/second round (Perryman, Morris) the rest will be mid to late.

Go Canes!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #38
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Toledo's best draft prospects are probably: Center Zac Kerin, RB David Fluellen, Will LB, Junior Sylvestre, and the already mentioned DE/OLB Jayrone Elliot.
I've been all over Fluellen since I saw him play live against Wyoming last season. Hopefully he can overcome his injuries and be productive in the NFL I think with the injuries he probably has a ceiling of 4th round down to 7th round. Would love for the Broncos to pick him up in the later rounds.

Last edited by GoHAM; 11-19-2013 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: unintended 2/3 of an ellipsis... who do you think I am?
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #39
BlitzingDog
#1 Chief Hater

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

Sleepers

Ryan Grant WR Tulane
Dayvon Ross WR Central State
BlitzingDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #40
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Updated Projections

Morris 3rd/4th
Perryman* 3rd/4th
Linder 3rd
Henderson 4th
O'Donnell 4th
Porter UDFA
Chickillo* 5th/6th
Hurns 3rd/4th

*Junior

Go Canes!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #41
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Updated Projections

Morris 3rd/4th
Perryman* 3rd/4th
Linder 3rd
Henderson 4th
O'Donnell 4th
Porter UDFA
Chickillo* 5th/6th
Hurns 3rd/4th

*Junior
I think Shayon Green gets some looks at end of draft...solid DE.

They have been kicking a$$ in recruiting too. Very excited about Braxton Berrios
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #42
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

RaShede Hageman. That is all. One of the reasons the Gophers are actually relevant this year.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #43
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebures View Post
I think Shayon Green gets some looks at end of draft...solid DE.

They have been kicking a$$ in recruiting too. Very excited about Braxton Berrios
Berrios might be our 3rd best WR in this class. We will be getting a big big fish at WR on Dec 8th.

Actually, where Golden is doing his best work in recruiting is OL and DL. And we need it bad. Both lines are charmin soft.

I'd be shocked if Shayon Green is drafted. Brings nothing as a pass rusher.

Go Canes!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 11-28-2013 at 04:14 PM..
Old 11-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #44
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

We don't need him but Austin Seferian-Jenkins (Washington TE) is going to be stud in the NFL. He has the size and speed to be great all round TE.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #45
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
We don't need him but Austin Seferian-Jenkins (Washington TE) is going to be stud in the NFL. He has the size and speed to be great all round TE.
Would love to add him. He will be a boss.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #46
columbiaskinny
Just Drafted

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Big OOOOOO

Junior DT Kelcey Quarles will probably declare early. At least according to his dad. It would be surprising if he didn't considering the season he's had racking up 13.5 TFL and 9.5 sacks. 6'4 and right around 300lbs. Great motor.
columbiaskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #47
Breaker
Bleeding Orange and Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Well I'm pretty sure we'll be picking a few OLmen in this draft due to all the injuries we've had. I could see us picking up a LT and another Center. Not sure where in the draft but I would say it's a good bet we'll draft 2 OLmen.

Depending on how CJ looks when he comes back, and if Ball continues to improve (and fixes his fumbling issue) and with Moreno looking solid and Hillman now looking solid, I doubt we draft a RB.

I know we won't be drafting any TE's, we're loaded there. Probably won't draft any WR's either. I think we'll be looking for a DE who can rush the passer, maybe another LB'er. Always looking for another CB and DT. IMO, you almost always have to draft one of each of those 2 positions every draft.
Off Season To Do List:

1. Re-sign Decker
2. Re-sign DRC
3. Convince Champ to take a pay cut so we can sign some high end free agents.

4. Sign Jared Allen
5. Sign Shaun Phillips
6. Sign a minimum of one of the following:

Brent Grimes CB
Tim Jennings CB
Bernard Pollard SS
Aqib Talib CB
Charles Tillman CB
Donte Whitner SS

Draft Needs:

1. LB

Shane Skov
C.J. Mosely
Khalil Mack

2. DT

Louis Nix - Not happening
DeQuan Jones
Will Sutton

3. CB

Jason Verret
Bradley Roby
Aaron Colvin

4. Take your Pick

Paul Richardson
Weston Richburg
ETC ETC ETC
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #48
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Couple guys high on my list... Rob Van Noy, Deone Buccanon, and Cyril Richardson. All should be lat 1st/early 2nd rd picks. I think Van Noy could play MLB and protects us should we lose Von in a few seasons. I want him move around and no lie, he looks like Seau to me. Very fluid athlete with him at MLB, Miller at SAM, Trevathan at Will, we would have one of the most athletic, dynamic LB groups in the league.

Buccanon is a Baller that can step in day 1 and play safety in the nfl. He's big enough to impact the run defense and he has great ball skills. He's exactly what we need and don't have at the position currently.

Cyril is a beast. Big boy and can move. Cut from the same cloth as the SF OG's. Earth movers with strong hands, pass blocking and can root out DT's in the run game. I could see us cutting Beadles loose, moving Vasquez to LG, and pushing Clark to RT, Franklin to RG. If we decide to keep Clark as a super sub, we could draft Cyril, start him at right guard and let him grow into a RT or stay there if we let Franklin go in two seasons.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #49
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

probably doesn't make it to where Denver picks, but I like MSU's Darqueze Dennard. a lot. wouldn't be opposed to trading up to take him if the price is right--although trading up is contrary to the current FO's past 2 1st rounds.

this is probably an obvious guy to point out, but given Denver's needs on D, I think it would be a fantastic pick.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 12-28-2013 at 03:10 PM..
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #50
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
probably doesn't make it to where Denver picks, but I like MSU's Darqueze Dennard. a lot. wouldn't be opposed to trading up to take him if the price is right--although trading up is contrary to the current FO's past 2 1st rounds.

this is probably an obvious guy to point out, but given Denver's needs on D, I think it would be a fantastic pick.
He is my favorite cornerback in the draft so far.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: