The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #251
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsKingdom View Post
2824 highland ridge/drive manhattan Kansas 66503/66502. Make sure to leave a return address so I may spam you.
I'm having a lot of fun here but I hope this isn't really your address, because that's really stupid.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #252
ChiefsKingdom
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
I'm having a lot of fun here but I hope this isn't really your address, because that's really stupid.
Of course it is/isn't. In every lie there is a grain of truth.
ChiefsKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #253
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Don't worry, it's just an open field. Like most of Kansas.
Attached Images

crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #254
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

The Chiefs D is good, but i wont call them great until they stop a great QB. If they can stop a Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Luck, and maybe Russell Wilson, then i will call them great. So with their pattycake schedule, the only one we will see them against is manning. If they hold Manning under 17 pts, i will say they have a great D.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #255
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Haha. Yeah. That's funny. Let's pick a team that won the Super Bowl and say we play like them. So that makes us the 2000 ravens.
Name all the game managing QBs to win a superbowl outside of the last 2 that were on all time great defenses. KC D is nowhere as good as they were.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #256
ChiefsKingdom
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Don't worry, it's just an open field. Like most of Kansas.
And half of Colorado.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #257
ChiefsKingdom
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Name all the game managing QBs to win a superbowl outside of the last 2 that were on all time great defenses. KC D is nowhere as good as they were.
Flacco.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #258
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Haha. Yeah. That's funny. Let's pick a team that won the Super Bowl and say we play like them. So that makes us the 2000 ravens.
Correct, if your team can play like the 2000 Ravens, you have a great shot at winning the superbowl. Do you think their D is as good as the 2000 Ravens? Be Honest.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #259
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Alex Smith is actually great at scrambling. It's one of the few things he can do

He does the same thing Tebow did, if the 1st read isn't there he pulls it down and tries to pickup something with his legs. He will get popped eventually like Tebow did and learn to stay in the pocket.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #260
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Chiefs fans are comparing the 2000 ravens to them? Really?
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #261
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Alex Smith is actually great at scrambling. It's one of the few things he can do
Did chiefs fans even watch alex smith before he was a chief? Name one rushing year he did that even comes close to this year. He's never been a runner like this year. 31 yards per game? His highest was 13 per game. He's got more yards now than he has in any season.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #262
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Flacco.
Game manager's don't throw the ball 40 times per game. Flacco played as hot as anyone in last years playoffs.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #263
ChiefsKingdom
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Game manager's don't throw the ball 40 times per game. Flacco played as hot as anyone in last years playoffs.
So. Smith was hot in the playoffs.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #264
ChiefsKingdom
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Correct, if your team can play like the 2000 Ravens, you have a great shot at winning the superbowl. Do you think their D is as good as the 2000 Ravens? Be Honest.
Yes. We already have as many sacks as them. We play in a league where you score more. They also played an easy schedule the whole year. Easier in fact. Go to bleacher report. Click on Kansas City. Click on is the chiefs defense as good as the 2000 ravens. Comparisons are there. I'm on me iPhone so links are hard. And I'm lazy.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #265
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Yes. We already have as many sacks as them. We play in a league where you score more. They also played an easy schedule the whole year. Easier in fact. Go to bleacher report. Click on Kansas City. Click on is the chiefs defense as good as the 2000 ravens. Comparisons are there. I'm on me iPhone so links are hard. And I'm lazy.
If you are using bleacher report to back up your opinion you've just lost.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #266
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I have heard this all before. In fact 2x with the 2006 Broncos and the 2009 Broncos. When you guys have half as many shutouts as the 2000 Ravens let me know. 4 shutouts, other games held opponent to 10 pts or less.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #267
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Alright then i am finished. If you really think the Chiefs D is as good as the 2000 Ravens, we will agree to disagree and there is no convincing you.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #268
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So. Smith was hot in the playoffs.
Yeah under 60 percent completion in both and 46 percent against the Giants. He was awesome.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #269
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
I have heard this all before. In fact 2x with the 2006 Broncos and the 2009 Broncos. When you guys have half as many shutouts as the 2000 Ravens let me know. 4 shutouts, other games held opponent to 10 pts or less.

and the 2000 Ravens gave up 66 rushing yards per game. KC Chiefs 2 weeks ago let up 120 rushing yards against the Crappy Raiders, which was actually more than the Chiefs had (111)with their great rushing attack vs the terrible Raiders Defense.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #270
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah under 60 percent completion in both and 46 percent against the Giants. He was awesome.
Their expectations are low. 40 years of stink will do that.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #271
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

I think this is the perfect situation.

Why wouldn't you want the chiefs to make the playoffs and do the KC shuffle (one and done), then to see them pick much later in the draft out of the QB sweepstakes.

That KC defense is going to go a long way towards making sure KC don't get close to drafting a franchise QB in the top 10 for next few seasons hopefully.

Enjoy Alex Smith
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #272
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

God this thread is full of impending fail and sorrow. Can't wait.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #273
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

This is actually directed at ChiefsKingdom got the wrong quote
Quote:
Because nobody runs on Denver. They pass because your secondary sucks balls.

So Indy was far behind? Although they got over 100 yards, over 30 came on Luck scrambles. Their Running backs got like 2.8 yards/rush.

With our secondary all banged up, and the fact that most teams have been behind , yes they have given up too many passing yards. But Our run defense has not wavered, even when teams DO try to run.

And I'm not going to say that KC is going to fade away just because they have in the past , or averages will catch up to them. That is a fine Defense and an offense that is helping by playing safe ball, and not putting the D in bad positions.

But you have to admit that you have caught teams repeatedly with injured QBs or other players out that are skewing the stats. Keenum was taking it to that defense until they started throwing overload blitzes at him. His inexperience is what led that to be successful. Any experienced QB would have seen those overloads...they weren't even disguised, and checked out of the pass. So you got LUCKY again.

Now next week you get Cleveland with another new ( for Cleveland) QB. But at least Campbell is not a Rookie. He has 71 starts, over nine years. I'd like to see those overload blitzes tried against him. Also he can run pretty well. Likely you guys will win another tight game, but when you actually lose the TO battle its going to be a different game.

At any rate, the Chiefs are a good team this year, and I don't think they fade away. Too much momentum. And if they get Home field it is going to be tough for anyone to beat them there, if the offense starts picking up its game. But they haven't shown that yet. There is still a lot of season left.

Last edited by ScottXray; 10-23-2013 at 04:52 PM..
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #274
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Campbell sucks...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #275
kcxiv
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
and the 2000 Ravens gave up 66 rushing yards per game. KC Chiefs 2 weeks ago let up 120 rushing yards against the Crappy Raiders, which was actually more than the Chiefs had (111)with their great rushing attack vs the terrible Raiders Defense.
ITs a whole different kinda league, in 2000 im sure shut outs were alot easier to get, just like now im sure sacks are alot easier to get. This is why the Chiefs have so many, that and we have pretty good rushers. Teams still barely score. Qb's are way more mobile in the NFL then they were back then. Its a spread offense and a running qb league right now. Go back to the 2000's Raven's schedule and show me where they faced guys like Pryor and Vick. Its a whole lot easier to gameplan when you have a guy that you know isnt going to run like he's a damn running back, which Vick and Pryor can.

Now days, on defense you have to sell out against the pass and who cares if they run for 3-5 yards on you.

Its only 7 games into the season, there is alot that can happen between now and the end of the season.

I dont care who is the best team right now, its still way to early. All it takes is for say Jamaal Charles or Peyton Manning to get hurt and EVERYTHING changes.

All i know is that i cant wait for week 11 and 13. I think its week 13 they play again.
kcxiv is offline   Reply With Quote