The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #226
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
6-1, good game though. Landeskog and Duchene are really good players, but still maybe a smidge behind Datsyuk.
It took Datsyuk some time to get as good as he is. He didn't really peak until his late twenties. He wasn't even in the NHL at Duchene's age.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #227
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
It took Datsyuk some time to get as good as he is. He didn't really peak until his late twenties. He wasn't even in the NHL at Duchene's age.
That is completely true. By the time Duchene and Landeskog are in their mid 30s they could very well be setting the bar in the NHL.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #228
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
That game last night actually instilled a lot of faith that our improvements are "real." We carried the play for several stretches throughout the game. And in the end it was there for the taking with one of the better teams in the league (though on the downhill IMO).

There were some unfortunate situations that kept going wrong for us that could have easily changed the outcome (Duchene breakaway no call for example).

And MacKinnon is going to be a beast. You can see it already.
Interestingly all 6 goals were scored in the same net. In the 1st period the Red Wings were carrying a lot of play towards the Avalanche net, in the 2nd period the Avs were carrying the play towards the Red Wing net and then in the 3rd it was more even with the Avs creating more shots on net.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #229
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Interestingly all 6 goals were scored in the same net. In the 1st period the Red Wings were carrying a lot of play towards the Avalanche net, in the 2nd period the Avs were carrying the play towards the Red Wing net and then in the 3rd it was more even with the Avs creating more shots on net.
I think the 6 goals in the same net is more a look at the first 2 periods. The Avs could have easily scored on a couple chances in third. Overall, it was a pretty even game that could have gone either way.

Now a question for you. Why in the world is Abdelkader playing in a top 6 role? Is someone injured?
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #230
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
I think the 6 goals in the same net is more a look at the first 2 periods. The Avs could have easily scored on a couple chances in third. Overall, it was a pretty even game that could have gone either way.

Now a question for you. Why in the world is Abdelkader playing in a top 6 role? Is someone injured?
Because Mike Babcock has a weird black spot in his brain that calls for skill players to play with a guy who has no skill. Abdelader started the season on the first line with Zetterberg and Datsyuk, presumably an attempt at finding a new Tomas Homstrom for that line.

In a perfect world Abdelkader would be on the 3rd line with Andersson and Cleary and Tomas Tatar or Gustav Nyquist would be on the 2nd line with Franzen and Weiss. But Tatar is riding the press box and Nyquist is *****lapping the AHL around.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #231
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Very exciting game today as the Pens beat the Canucks in the shootout. another day at the office for Sid with 3 points (17 in 7 games). Olli Maata with his first career goal.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #232
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

wasn't he averaging 1.58 PPG before he got hurt last year?

While I am not calling this a win for the avs hopefully we can come out and play strong and not start a losing streak.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #233
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

CENTRAL GP W L OT PTS ROW GF GA
COLORADO 7 6 1 0 12 6 23 10
ST. LOUIS 7 5 1 1 11 4 27 19
CHICAGO 7 4 1 2 10 3 20 18
WINNIPEG 8 4 4 0 8 3 21 22
MINNESOTA 8 3 3 2 8 3 18 20
NASHVILLE 7 3 3 1 7 3 14 20
DALLAS 6 3 3 0 6 2 15 17
PACIFIC GP W L OT PTS ROW GF GA
SAN JOSE 7 6 0 1 13 6 33 13
ANAHEIM 7 6 1 0 12 5 24 16
VANCOUV 9 5 3 1 11 5 26
PHOENIX 8 4 2 2 10 4 22 24
LOS ANG 8 5 3 0 10 2 19
CALGARY 6 3 1 2 8 3 20 20
EDMONTON 9 2 6 1 5

Chadta or SoCal can tell us about the East because I don't give a ****.

Bold is Top 8 in the Western Conference
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #234
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

4-0 on road! Landeskog is getting going now. When we finally get everyone back and rolling, this team is going to be pretty good.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #235
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

That was a huge bounce back win for the Avs. Landeskog and ROR coming on is big for the Avs.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #236
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Were gonna get murdered by puttsburg. Hopefully we can atleast keep it close
Old 10-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #237
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I was watching a LEM recap and it looks as though hishon is finally playing had a assist and a shootout goal. Hopefully the guy can quit taking hits to the head
Old 10-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #238
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
p***Y attitude. We can beat the Penguins.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #239
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
I don't think we will murder you guys. We might not even beat you. Colorado looks good this year.

Pittsburgh looks good as well at 7-1, especially considering Letang has not played a shift and Neal has missed most of the year to date. Flower has had a resurgence (still...only regular season, which has never been a problem for him), and Sid has been sick with 17 points so far in 8 games. He could have over 20 if his line mates were better. Geno has been pretty solid but not as explosive as usual. I think the biggest difference so far is our Left Wing Lock and better defensive play. Scuderi has been great and Maata has been so good the last 7 games after having a poor first game. He may have to get sent down after the COL game so that we don't burn a year of contract, but he's making it tough because he is really good. This should be a fun game.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #240
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
p***Y attitude. We can beat the Penguins.
Coming from the guy that gets trolled by PFF. You my friend are a troll. you are probably the biggest baby on this site, Are you totally gonna pout now too?. Unlike you I am not going to let you troll me any longer. I complain about this site and I realize the problem is not y'all its me i control my happiness. I let you guys get me worked up. Everything that comes from you is completely worthless. Like, you add NO value to this site. I feel for ya though, because obviously you are just a very unhappy guy. I suggest you get some help. Welcome to ignore

Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 10-20-2013 at 01:27 AM..
Old 10-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #241
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I don't think we will murder you guys. We might not even beat you. Colorado looks good this year.

Pittsburgh looks good as well at 7-1, especially considering Letang has not played a shift and Neal has missed most of the year to date. Flower has had a resurgence (still...only regular season, which has never been a problem for him), and Sid has been sick with 17 points so far in 8 games. He could have over 20 if his line mates were better. Geno has been pretty solid but not as explosive as usual. I think the biggest difference so far is our Left Wing Lock and better defensive play. Scuderi has been great and Maata has been so good the last 7 games after having a poor first game. He may have to get sent down after the COL game so that we don't burn a year of contract, but he's making it tough because he is really good. This should be a fun game.
I was totally going for reverse mojo. Colorado has played some great hockey of late. However, i have a strong feeling Colorado will either succeed or fail by the play from our goalie(s). we give up a ton of shots. Buffalo put up more shots tonight then us... Buffalo. They have the tank commander there with sacco. At this point Colorado is a bit of a paper tiger. just the right set of circumstances have fallen into place for us. we also continue to see mack going through the rookie motions, He's been pretty forgettable on Defense. However he has come on and won 50% of his face offs. We need for one of our prospects to really come through for us. Because i like the way Colorado has a identity as a deep lined team. I hope we don't trade stasny and we can re-sign him for around6.6 because he and his line really shut down the other top lines.

Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 10-20-2013 at 01:37 AM..
Old 10-20-2013, 02:42 AM   #242
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
I was totally going for reverse mojo. Colorado has played some great hockey of late. However, i have a strong feeling Colorado will either succeed or fail by the play from our goalie(s). we give up a ton of shots. Buffalo put up more shots tonight then us... Buffalo. They have the tank commander there with sacco. At this point Colorado is a bit of a paper tiger. just the right set of circumstances have fallen into place for us. we also continue to see mack going through the rookie motions, He's been pretty forgettable on Defense. However he has come on and won 50% of his face offs. We need for one of our prospects to really come through for us. Because i like the way Colorado has a identity as a deep lined team. I hope we don't trade stasny and we can re-sign him for around6.6 because he and his line really shut down the other top lines.
I knew when we had Sacco it was the coaching. Our record and they way we played was painfully obvious for 2 years that it was Sacco that was the problem. It's still early so things can change but right now, this team looks a million times better. Also, O'Bryne, Hunwick and Jones are no longer on the team, so that helps as well.
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:02 AM   #243
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Coming from the guy that gets trolled by PFF. You my friend are a troll. you are probably the biggest baby on this site, Are you totally gonna pout now too?. Unlike you I am not going to let you troll me any longer. I complain about this site and I realize the problem is not y'all its me i control my happiness. I let you guys get me worked up. Everything that comes from you is completely worthless. Like, you add NO value to this site. I feel for ya though, because obviously you are just a very unhappy guy. I suggest you get some help. Welcome to ignore
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #244
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

A little late but just saw the Avs Wings highlights...looked like a home game for the Wings when they'd score a goal. I know they travel well but thats pathetic. Had to drive Roy nuts.
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #245
canadianbroncosfan
Seasoned Veteran

M.W.A. - Foreign Affairs Minister

A goalie scoring is usually awesome. Scoring with 0.1 seconds left, fan-freaking-tastic

canadianbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #246
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Really like the Avs, so many good pieces on the team. Last season was disappointing, I expected more but this year they seem to be doing what I thought they would start doing last season.

I love that Sakic and Roy are running the ship. Now if only the clown show in the caps org would end, but it's asking too much for the capitals to ever have real hockey people in charge.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #247
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

5 games for McLeod:

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #248
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Boy I really think that's a little heavy for that hit.

Kronwall ducked his head down, and McLeod had no time to slow down.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #249
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

About what I expected. Though I don't think McLeod intended to hurt him at all, he had the opportunity to let up on the hit a bit and didn't.

Oh well.
DaFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #250
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Boy I really think that's a little heavy for that hit.

Kronwall ducked his head down, and McLeod had no time to slow down.
Seems about right to me. Either the NHL earnestly tries to get rid of those kinds of hits or they don't. Shanny's rationale is sound, IMO. To McLeod's credit, he sought out Kronwall quickly to apologize.

If you look closely, right after the play, another Avs player goes directly at the head of Glendening as well. if he connects, glendening is sipping from a straw right now. they missed that one.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote