The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #101
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII View Post
Says the guy who hailed French Democracy and then trotted out Louis XVI to corroborate.
Do you have an aversion to honesty? You never said anything about "French Democracy" until after your original position had been obliterated. This was your original statement: France was a bit player in the development of modern Western Civ.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #102
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Do you have an aversion to honesty? You never said anything about "French Democracy" until after your original position had been obliterated. This was your original statement: France was a bit player in the development of modern Western Civ.
"Modern" in the Western Hemisphere dating from the Declaration of Independence in 1776; in the Eastern Hemisphere, from the end of the French Revolution in 1799. You just gotta pick your dates correctly!
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #103
houghtam
Ring of Famer

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #104
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The post it was responding to was about France as a Democracy. I used the word "modern" in the sentence as a point of separation, and then followed it with a sentence that clearly described what I meant by by that delineation.

Quote:
There's a reason they went from a major world power in the age of Kings to a me-too country in the Anglo-American age.
There's absolutely no way you can read that sentence and still maintain that I said France under the House of Bourbon had little impact.

You basically keep reiterating what I already said and then say I didn't say it.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote