The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #51
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
That's hilarious.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #52
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,270

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Are you really trying to make the argument that Williams was initially moved from the weakside because he didn't impress there?
Yes - that is what I'm saying - DJ couldn't get past Ian Gold @ wlb in his first 3 years and then Woodyard filled in for him when DJ got hurt - and won his spot.
Quote:
He was shuttled around the field for pretty much the exact opposite of your reasoning.
umm... shuttled around because he was TOO good at his position? please clarify
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #53
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
Yes - that is what I'm saying - DJ couldn't get past Ian Gold @ wlb in his first 3 years and then Woodyard filled in for him when DJ got hurt - and won his spot.

umm... shuttled around because he was TOO good at his position? please clarify
That's not what happened at all.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #54
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,721
Default

He would have been suspended soon anyway...
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #55
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,765

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
As opposed to imaginary ones?


Yep. They replaced NFL Europe with super secret imaginary defenses for the defense to go 5 and 0 against.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #56
DHallblows
Ring of Famer
 
DHallblows's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,633
Default

Wasn't even aware he was with the bears...
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #57
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Hope he gets better and doesn't kill anyone with his drunk driving while he's out.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #58
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado jones View Post
So... Roids, random beating of teammates and spitting in people's faces is ok but drinking too much is bad?


It seems your moral compass is set on stupid.
No my moral compass doesn't pretend to think I know NFL football players or what kind of people they are.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #59
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
Yes - that is what I'm saying - DJ couldn't get past Ian Gold @ wlb in his first 3 years and then Woodyard filled in for him when DJ got hurt - and won his spot.
What reality are you pulling that from? Williams should have won DROY. He jumped in at weakside from the very beginning and excelled at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
umm... shuttled around because he was TOO good at his position? please clarify
They moved him around because his natural abilities allowed them to. Not because he was too good at one position, but because he was talented enough to play several. The lack of attention paid to the defense during those years necessitated the changes in Shanahan's mind, otherwise Williams would just have stayed where he was and become a Pro Bowl weakside linebacker.

Like I said, you don't have to revise history to criticize the guy. He has plenty of faults as a player.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #60
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Literally the opposite of what he predicted. CTD is like our own Bob except he wishes for other players to get injured...oh wait that's Bob too.
Keep thinking our oline can't still let us down. Clark has faced no one yet. Ware is a shell of his former self and prob done being dominant. Rameriz likewise has not made it through the yr yet and IMO is a scrub. Sure manning on fire so much right now you don't notice it, but his run blocking is nothing to write home about IMO. I could still be right but I hope am not. Funny how homers like you seem to think you have more right to celebrate just because you always say how great team is.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #61
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,791

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Literally the opposite of what he predicted. CTD is like our own Bob except he wishes for other players to get injured...oh wait that's Bob too.
Cmon dude. If everybody just posted rosy everything is just like Elway planned stuff like you do it would be a pretty boring board. Hmmm, guess what? It's a pretty boring board.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #62
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,294

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Keep thinking our oline can't still let us down. Clark has faced no one yet. Ware is a shell of his former self and prob done being dominant. Rameriz likewise has not made it through the yr yet and IMO is a scrub. Sure manning on fire so much right now you don't notice it, but his run blocking is nothing to write home about IMO. I could still be right but I hope am not. Funny how homers like you seem to think you have more right to celebrate just because you always say how great team is.
As opposed to turds like you who pick the team to suck every year.

You've said Ramirez sucks. You were wrong. You said Vasquez sucks and was only the best of what was available. The right side of our line has been outstanding. Then you post awesome predictions like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Broncos will struggle this yr trying to be the juggernaught everyone expected.
Then they launch into a historic offense rivaling the Rams Greatest Show on turf and literally everyone is calling us the best team in the league and a juggernaut. Now you're trying to spin it saying the run game isn't good (really who cares. It's not 1985 anymore).

And I'm a homer because why, exactly? What post did I put up that was unrealistic and/or unreasonable?

Careful what you say here, the last time you said I claimed something that was over the top, about Boss Bailey I believe, I proceeded to own you with posts to contrary. I don't think every position is good and I am not happy with every player, despite how you remember. Just because I don't pick my team to suck every year doesn't make me a homer.

Your takes suck, CTD. You're usually wrong and don't know what you're talking about. You make up for it by being a total a-hole, though. I bet your band sucks, too.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #63
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,136

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I bet your band sucks, too.
Shots fired?


Crown Khan.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #64
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,609
Default

I would think that homers who always say how great the team is actually would have more right to celebrate when that turns out to be the case.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #65
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,791

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
As opposed to turds like you who pick the team to suck every year.

You've said Ramirez sucks. You were wrong. You said Vasquez sucks and was only the best of what was available. The right side of our line has been outstanding. Then you post awesome predictions like this:



Then they launch into a historic offense rivaling the Rams Greatest Show on turf and literally everyone is calling us the best team in the league and a juggernaut. Now you're trying to spin it saying the run game isn't good (really who cares. It's not 1985 anymore).

And I'm a homer because why, exactly? What post did I put up that was unrealistic and/or unreasonable?

Careful what you say here, the last time you said I claimed something that was over the top, about Boss Bailey I believe, I proceeded to own you with posts to contrary. I don't think every position is good and I am not happy with every player, despite how you remember. Just because I don't pick my team to suck every year doesn't make me a homer.

Your takes suck, CTD. You're usually wrong and don't know what you're talking about. You make up for it by being a total a-hole, though. I bet your band sucks, too.
Eh, get off your high horse. Did you have some insightful posts saying how Manny Ramirez would excel at center? Chris Clark would excel at LT? Don't get too carried away with yourself because you didn't say anything negative.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:53 AM   #66
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,299
Default

I'm glad i was wrong I love the Broncos as much as any fan does. I still think the interior oline is weak but Vasquez is playing pretty good. i still have never seen Beadles take a guy and throw him around, IMO when he faces a dominant player you will see it. He does set up well in pass protection. The problem with our oline is when the weather turns, when we get into the playoffs, when the **** hits the fan, will they hold up? I hope I am wrong but the season is still young.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:54 AM   #67
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I would think that homers who always say how great the team is actually would have more right to celebrate when that turns out to be the case.
You just summed up the Mane.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #68
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,270

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
What reality are you pulling that from? Williams should have won DROY. He jumped in at weakside from the very beginning and excelled at it.


They moved him around because his natural abilities allowed them to. Not because he was too good at one position, but because he was talented enough to play several. The lack of attention paid to the defense during those years necessitated the changes in Shanahan's mind, otherwise Williams would just have stayed where he was and become a Pro Bowl weakside linebacker.

Like I said, you don't have to revise history to criticize the guy. He has plenty of faults as a player.

I'm not trying to revise history - that's how I remember it - moving him around, first to sam (which "as i recall" he wasn't very good at), then to mike because why? I can't remember, maybe you can.

Later when Nolan came, DJ moved back to will and played GREAT....but then McDoofus shot that to hell with his whiny little new england (small e's intended) b****fest. After that DJ was replaced by WW after the injury - that's how I remember it.

I also remember SLOGS of Hurricane posts that had little to do with that #17 pick, but more to do with where he went to school.

Like I said - wish him well, but don't miss him at all.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #69
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,609
Default

So you can't remember the reasons or the events surrounding his moves at linebacker, but claim that they were caused by his inabilities and shortcomings, that he wasn't impressive or good enough?

You're right, that's not revising history. That's just making stuff up.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #70
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 20,012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Keep thinking our oline can't still let us down. Clark has faced no one yet. Ware is a shell of his former self and prob done being dominant. Rameriz likewise has not made it through the yr yet and IMO is a scrub. Sure manning on fire so much right now you don't notice it, but his run blocking is nothing to write home about IMO. I could still be right but I hope am not. Funny how homers like you seem to think you have more right to celebrate just because you always say how great team is.
You could still be right? You said we'd have the worst O-Line in the NFL. How in the hell could you still be right after watching the last 5 games? Are you mental? Get the net!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #71
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
You could still be right? You said we'd have the worst O-Line in the NFL. How in the hell could you still be right after watching the last 5 games? Are you mental? Get the net!
No I said the center was worst starter in the league lol not the oline. People get carried away.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:26 AM   #72
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,765

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I bet your band sucks, too.
Boom goes the dynamite!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:56 AM   #73
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,299
Default

How did Rameriz look to you all today? he stunk and you all know it. He stinks and before the yr is out we will all be sorry he plays on our oline. But Kaylore says all is well on the Broncos oline, so nothing to see here, but 5-6-7 bad snaps and getting rag dolled every play.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Denver Broncos