The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #351
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
probably the dumbest thing said in this thread but I had to post right when I saw this on page one.
Why is that a dumb thing to say? As a Broncos fan, of all teams, you should see some truth in it.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #352
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Why is that a dumb thing to say? As a Broncos fan, of all teams, you should see some truth in it.
he said Now taken" which no longer happens to us. 3rd round compared to 6th round is nuts.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #353
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
It is the ESPN effect aka Top 10 plays. Guys think that it is best to knock them and watch them fall instead of playing as a team guy and just tackle the SOB and stop him right there. A successful hit or tackle is the same result on the field as the ball is spotted where it happens and not where he lands. Therefore, each player should be safe and just wrap the guy up and drive him to the ground.
Champ said yesterday while Kavon has been good this is one problem area he sees in his game. I'm sure Kavon will listen whether he heeds his advice is another matter
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #354
KillerBronco#76
Perennial Pro-bowler

"The Beast" From the east

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBronco#76 View Post
I have watched a lot of usf football and am familiar with Webster. He is an extremely hard worker and competitor. he takes it personal if he does not finish first in any drill in practice and does not get frustrated if he does not. He keeps a steady mind will work to improve that drill until he does finish first... and he does finish first, he makes sure of it. This work ethic and mental maturity mixed with a lot of natural athletic ability and excellent reaction time points to why we made this pick. A blue collar , no fear attitude, this will fit right in with what Fox & Rio are trying implement on our defense.

P.S. He is not a safety and this would be a waste of his talents and C.O.D. skills. Is incredibly agile, it is difficult to see with USF playing so much zone as has been previously mentioned. He is quicker than you think...
I still stand by what I said here...
KillerBronco#76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:59 AM   #355
BowlenBall
Kicked. Screamed. Won.

2015 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Kragen

Bump -- if this is how well Matt Russell evaluates talent while he's drunk, imagine how he'll do sober!

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #356
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I didn't feel that strongly, but Kayvon's been a LOT better than I ever expected to him be and a lot sooner, too.

Feels like he's really made dramatic improvements from early in the season...bodes well for his future if he can continue an upward trajectory.

Anyone else think he just looks ridiculously long out there? He just looks bigger than the 5'11'' listing... Been playing lights out recently.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #357
razorwire77
Champions of the World!!!

Greatest win/loss of all-time

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
I didn't feel that strongly, but Kayvon's been a LOT better than I ever expected to him be and a lot sooner, too.
This. I expected special teams contributor and maybe a quarter in CB blitz situations because of his size/speed/strength abilities.

I think he's CB # 2 behind DRC next season.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #358
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Feels like he's really made dramatic improvements from early in the season...bodes well for his future if he can continue an upward trajectory.

Anyone else think he just looks ridiculously long out there? He just looks bigger than the 5'11'' listing... Been playing lights out recently.
oh wow really? he looks huge out there
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #359
razorwire77
Champions of the World!!!

Greatest win/loss of all-time

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
This. I expected special teams contributor and maybe a quarter in CB blitz situations because of his size/speed/strength abilities.

I think he's CB # 2 behind DRC next season.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #360
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

He proved me wrong. He is doing great.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #361
CEH
Ring of Famer

I defended the pick, his draft slot from the get go.
He's been vastly better than his draft slot for sure
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #362
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Need to lock up DRC and Harris and we'll be set at CB for a few years with Webster and those two. We have hardly even missed a step without Champ. Thats something that never could have happened before this year.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #363
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jordan Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
Need to lock up DRC and Harris and we'll be set at CB for a few years with Webster and those two. We have hardly even missed a step without Champ.
We've definitely missed a step without him ... last year averaged 199 passing yards allowed per game, 3rd best in the league. This year it's 280 per game, 5th worst. But you're probably right, in that the pass rush is the bigger culprit.

I agree with signing Harris JR and DRC PDQ.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #364
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
We've definitely missed a step without him ... last year averaged 199 passing yards allowed per game, 3rd best in the league. This year it's 280 per game, 5th worst. But you're probably right, in that the pass rush is the bigger culprit.

I think teams passing attempts are higher this year too. Last year dumervil and Von were pressuring consistently. Several times a game id see a QB force a throw because dumervil was closing in. This year there's some pressure but I've seen too many plays where opposing QBs just sit there waiting for someone to get open. From the looks of it I think Von misses dumervil on the other side. Phillips has stepped up but not like a consistent rush that forces QBs into bad throws/incompletes.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #365
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

There is no way we pay DRC enough to lock him up. That dude came here with a plan...kick ass and play hard for a year, get paid...profit. He's going to hit FA this year and go to the highest bidder.

Not saying he shouldn't, but there is no way he's signing until he sees what he can get on the open market.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #366
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
There is no way we pay DRC enough to lock him up. That dude came here with a plan...kick ass and play hard for a year, get paid...profit. He's going to hit FA this year and go to the highest bidder.

Not saying he shouldn't, but there is no way he's signing until he sees what he can get on the open market.
Maybe, but Champs money is largely going to be available for him. He can get a pretty fat contract here.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #367
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post

He also came here to fix his flaws and regain his pro bowl form.
Unless the Broncos go cheap or he tanks the rest of the year I could see them working out a 2-3 year bridge deal(NHL language)
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #368
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I've been amazed by the run defense this year. The DL has been boss this year, in shutting down the run game via gap control and keeping our LBs free to make plays.

If I had to pick between a shutdown pass D vs a shutdown run D, I'll take the dominant run D everytime. Last year, (it felt like) teams were able to gash us right up the middle. This upcoming NE game will be a great barometer to gauge the transformation from last year. Eff Brandon Bolden, guy had a a monster game against us last year.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #369
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
I've been amazed by the run defense this year. The DL has been boss this year, in shutting down the run game via gap control and keeping our LBs free to make plays.

If I had to pick between a shutdown pass D vs a shutdown run D, I'll take the dominant run D everytime. Last year, (it felt like) teams were able to gash us right up the middle. This upcoming NE game will be a great barometer to gauge the transformation from last year. Eff Brandon Bolden, guy had a a monster game against us last year.
Bolden? I remember Ridley tearing up Denver's D.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #370
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Ridley def tore us up, but I ended up more butt hurt about the fact that they were dominating so completely that they let Bolden run train on us too.

I looked up the stats and they're aren't as bad as my memory remembers...he has 14 carries for 54 yards (4 first downs).
Old 11-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #371
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

also, how much of that yardage has come when our offense is up by 2 or 3 scores and we have taken our foot off the gas? that is a problem with the rankings and yardage stats. they don't tell the full story.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #372
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
He also came here to fix his flaws and regain his pro bowl form.
Unless the Broncos go cheap or he tanks the rest of the year I could see them working out a 2-3 year bridge deal(NHL language)
no way will he do that. he plays a premier position and has shown he has elite talent when he wants to use it. in the NFL these guys get their rookie deal and after that if they are lucky 1 big contract that gets them to the end or near the end of their careers. By doing a 2-3 year bridge deal he loses a lot of potential money. By the end of that deal he is 30-31 and no longer seen as an in his prime player. He will be looking for a 5-7 year deal that pays him extremely well and ensures he is paid until his mid 30s.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #373
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Bolden? I remember Ridley tearing up Denver's D.
Yup, they gutted us rushing last year. 54-251 total. Ridley had 28-151. Funny seeing it was Welker who killed us in the passing game, 13-104.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #374
BowlenBall
Kicked. Screamed. Won.

2015 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Kragen

Bump -- I actually didn't think Webster played too badly in the loss to the Chargers. Rivers had an eternity to throw on each play, and was fitting it into VERY small windows on each pass.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #375
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Bump -- I actually didn't think Webster played too badly in the loss to the Chargers. Rivers had an eternity to throw on each play, and was fitting it into VERY small windows on each pass.
Yup. KW got picked on but he didn't get much help.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote