The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #51
Brewer
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
Interesting that a grown man is a justin bieber fan.
That's Bieber in his avatar? I thought it was a chick. Maven's a chick, too, right?
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #52
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Flacco's not a franchise QB, but when you have the finish to the season that he had, the Ravens had no choice but to pay him like one.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #53
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
That's Bieber in his avatar? I thought it was a chick. Maven's a chick, too, right?
That would explain a myriad of mysteries.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:05 AM   #54
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Flacco's not a franchise QB, but when you have the finish to the season that he had, the Ravens had no choice but to pay him like one.
Of course they had a choice.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #55
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Den, SD and KC are pretty good teams no way this Divison is weak.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #56
canadianbroncosfan
Pro Bowler

M.W.A. - Foreign Affairs Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Agreed.

Say they offered him just south of $100M, would he have left that on the table? No ****ing way he does. Because there is no way he could think he would get that in the open market.
canadianbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #57
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
What was it? Let Flacco go, and trade for Alex Smith? Flacco was by far their best option.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #58
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Agreed.

Say they offered him just south of $100M, would he have left that on the table? No ****ing way he does. Because there is no way he could think he would get that in the open market.
You're telling me Oakland or Buffalo or Cleveland don't roll out that red carpet? I think they do in a heartbeat.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #59
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
You're telling me Oakland or Buffalo or Cleveland don't roll out that red carpet? I think they do in a heartbeat.
Yep. I was about to post the same thing. There were several QB starved teams who would have jumped at the chance to overpay for him.
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #60
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
What was it? Let Flacco go, and trade for Alex Smith? Flacco was by far their best option.
You can argue what was their best choice until you are blue in the face, but you're missing the point. They had a choice.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #61
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You can argue what was their best choice until you are blue in the face, but you're missing the point. They had a choice.
It's not really a choice if you want to avoid rebuilding. I guess semantically, they always have a choice, but with the way the front office played their hand the previous off-season... they had no choice to overpay him if they wanted to remain relevant.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #62
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
It's not really a choice if you want to avoid rebuilding. I guess semantically, they always have a choice, but with the way the front office played their hand the previous off-season... they had no choice to overpay him if they wanted to remain relevant.
Signing Flacco is keeping them relevant? You seem to be operating under the misconception that the guy is a franchise QB. He's not. He got hot at the perfect time and had a receiver and a tight end that made him look much better than he actually is. The Ravens had a choice. They could look at Flacco's entire body of work and see what he really is, or they could choose willful ignorance and pretend those four playoff games were all that mattered. They made their choice, but to pretend they couldn't have offered him much less or simply moved on and started looking for a true franchise QB is silly. They chose the easy way out, but they chose, that's the point.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #63
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Signing Flacco is keeping them relevant? You seem to be operating under the misconception that the guy is a franchise QB. He's not. He got hot at the perfect time and had a receiver and a tight end that made him look much better than he actually is. The Ravens had a choice. They could look at Flacco's entire body of work and see what he really is, or they could choose willful ignorance and pretend those four playoff games were all that mattered. They made their choice, but to pretend they couldn't have offered him much less or simply moved on and started looking for a true franchise QB is silly. They chose the easy way out, but they chose, that's the point.
When did I say he was a franchise QB? I said he was, by far, their best available option. If they didn't offer Flacco what they did... he'd be somewhere else, and they would be in a much worse situation.

You say that Baltimore should have considered his overall body of work. Well, he's got 5 trips to the Divisional Playoffs in his 5 seasons, and 3 of those 5 years with an appearance in at least the AFC Championship Game. There's not many QB's that have that resume.

Now, Baltimore's defense is a big reason why he's been able to accomplish that, but it isn't like he's had no impact in regards to the teams success. If their defense can continue to improve as the year goes on, there is no reason why Baltimore can't be what they have been the last five seasons. A playoff team, that is not going to be an easy out.

If they go to Matt Flynn or Alex Smith, they have NO CHANCE.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #64
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
You say that Baltimore should have considered his overall body of work. Well, he's got 5 trips to the Divisional Playoffs in his 5 seasons, and 3 of those 5 years with an appearance in at least the AFC Championship Game. There's not many QB's that have that resume.
It's a team game.