The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #26
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post
Picking OJ in the 14th round (and starting him week 1) and Knowshon in the 15th of my fantasy draft have me looking like a genius to my buddies here in Minnesota!
It isn't hard to look like a genius to Meenesoooodans.

"Ooooooh. You a smawt feeelllow."
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #27
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I think it's time people stop playing this card.
Until more Bronco players get into the HOF, it's more of a poster than a card.

As far as the Pro Bowl, the bigger city fans vote for their players and all fans do the name recognition vote which is why Gronk and Gates get votes regardless. Bronco players just aren't talked about that much or you get "well they've go so and so, so that's why they are good". See Rod Smith. Did they do that to Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin or Troy Aikman? Yeah it's a card.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #28
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

There's not too many other TEs playing at Julius' level. I think he has a great shot. He may be Witten's backup, but he has a great shot...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #29
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

DT missed it last year because he wasn't well known. I won't be surprised if that happens to Julius Thomas this year.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #30
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
There's not too many other TEs playing at Julius' level. I think he has a great shot. He may be Witten's backup, but he has a great shot...
??
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #31
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
??

the pro bowl this year is a draft style, not afc vs nfc
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #32
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
the pro bowl this year is a draft style, not afc vs nfc
Got ya I didn't know but I don't really watch the game either.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #33
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post
Remember when you couldn't make a Julius Thomas post (not that long ago) without someone mocking him? Now we are talking Pro Bowl. It's been a great year so far.

If Thomas doesn't make the Pro Bowl, it's because of tough competition, not his performance. Gates and Cameron are having very good campaigns so far, plus Gates will get a lot of votes based on his name. It might be close between Thomas and Cameron.
I had mentioned this in another thread, but for all he "will he or won't he" OJ talk prior to the season, we've barely mentioned him this season ... and if he has been brought up, it's in a tone that suggests we knew it all along.

here was a guy drafted after playing one year of college football. At the time, most recognized him to be a 2-3 year project, but after a stellar training camp in year 1, expectations rose significantly until he got the high ankle sprain from hell in week 2.

Then, after surgery in the off season, he probably didnt fully recover until the latter part of 2012, at which point the Broncos weren't ****ing with a good thing.

But, of course, the Mane went ahead and had their own revisionist history. To hear the Mane tell it, this was Julius's 7th season on the Broncos, with the previous 6 spent having amazing training camps only to become a bumbling fool in the regular season. Despite what Maners say, he did NOT spend his 2nd training camp getting rave reviews. There were many here who thought he'd never amount to anything, even after his great 2013 TC, because they made up their own story.

So, now that he's fully healthy and has 3 years experience, he's beasting. But its been odd that no one is talking about it.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #34
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Got ya I didn't know but I don't really watch the game either.
It is a brand new format, this year. The two top-vote getters are the captains of their respective teams. They will choose their teammates, draft-style, regardless of conferences...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #35
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
See bold drunk!

Also, when MNF is on, McDman get his drink on. If sports is on Tuesday (hockey or basketball or reruns of bull riding, golf or competitive darts), he pounds a few on those occasions too.

But no, he doesn't get drunk every night.
Hey! I can quit anytime I want! I hate all of you!
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #36
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Cameron and Julius in Probowl. I got both of them on two of my fantasy teams in FA. Unfortunatley I can only play one.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:38 AM   #37
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I had mentioned this in another thread, but for all he "will he or won't he" OJ talk prior to the season, we've barely mentioned him this season ... and if he has been brought up, it's in a tone that suggests we knew it all along.

here was a guy drafted after playing one year of college football. At the time, most recognized him to be a 2-3 year project, but after a stellar training camp in year 1, expectations rose significantly until he got the high ankle sprain from hell in week 2.

Then, after surgery in the off season, he probably didnt fully recover until the latter part of 2012, at which point the Broncos weren't ****ing with a good thing.

But, of course, the Mane went ahead and had their own revisionist history. To hear the Mane tell it, this was Julius's 7th season on the Broncos, with the previous 6 spent having amazing training camps only to become a bumbling fool in the regular season. Despite what Maners say, he did NOT spend his 2nd training camp getting rave reviews. There were many here who thought he'd never amount to anything, even after his great 2013 TC, because they made up their own story.

So, now that he's fully healthy and has 3 years experience, he's beasting. But its been odd that no one is talking about it.
I think a lot of the reason he isn't getting a lot of attention is that we have so many players tearing it up on offense, especially Manning. Manning is just such an overwhelming presence on this team. It's hard for anyone else to get much of the spotlight.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:59 AM   #38
doof
Solid Starter

You should feel better about your chances now that he's doing interviews with the NFL network. The more exposure the better

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...ensive-success
doof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #39
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
It is true though. Sure Peyton gets a ****load of media exposure. Welkee, Champ and Von are well known players. Decker is known because he is the prettiest guy in the league, but beyond these guys to the media outside of Denver are just random players. Woodyard last year was one of the best actual LB in football and had a truly great season, but got no notice for it. Will be the same for JT
No. So far, every single game has been nationally or near nationally (tiny markets blacked out) televised.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #40
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Cameron and Julius in Probowl. I got both of them on two of my fantasy teams in FA. Unfortunatley I can only play one.
One in TE one in Flex?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote