The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 01:36 AM   #51
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

We all know in the end Obama gives the repubs at least something so they can look like they won some little concession. No way they give up completely now, also no way Obama can let country default or go shutdown forever.

Whats funny is i bet when it comes time to fine people for not having insurance Obama gives a waiver on it, and extension. He just doesn't want to give it to repubs.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:37 AM   #52
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

How can you expect people to get signed up when they can claim i tried the system didnt work? They will give an extension, thats almost 100% IMO.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #53
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
We all know in the end Obama gives the repubs at least something so they can look like they won some little concession. No way they give up completely now, also no way Obama can let country default or go shutdown forever.

Whats funny is i bet when it comes time to fine people for not having insurance Obama gives a waiver on it, and extension. He just doesn't want to give it to repubs.
The thing you don't realize is the onus to end the shutdown isn't on obama. Nor is defaulting on our debt on him. That's all on house rethugs. He does not havs to do anything for them. What will happen is rethugs will break and claim that they got the administration to agree to sequester level spending even though dems already made that concession before the shutdown.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #54
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post

I don't buy that. I think Obama, at this point, must listen to the presidential historians. If he gives in to this, the presidency itself will be crippled. The anarchists in the House have put him in a no-compromise position and then demanded a compromise. For the good of the office, he has to tell them to go **** themselves.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #55
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

As I expected house gop will pass a no strings attached six week extension of the debt cieling.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #56
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hawaii had ZERO people sign up and Iowa had like 5. Yes, people are just desperate to get that healthcare. Of course waiting hours for the system to work doesn't help either, but just wait, the website will be the only problem with this fiasco. Right. Good luck.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #57
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default defunding obamacare off the table

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-off-the-table

Quote:
"It all started of course because House Republicans linked the complete defunding of Obamacare to government spending. Whatever happened to that? In an op-ed in USA Today today [you said], 'Republicans have asked for two things on Obamacare and one thing on the debt ceiling,' but you didn't mention defunding Obamacare. Is that just off the table now?" Jake Tapper asked on CNN.

"That's currently off the table," Lankford, chairman of the House Republican Policy Committee, Tapper. "I can tell you that's where my constituents are overwhelmingly. They don't want this law to go into effect at all, but that's obviously not going to happen at this point."
The GOP have all but conceded defeat,now it's in the: how do we get out of this hole and still save face" phase.

IIRC, this whole temper tantrum by the GOP was about defunding obamacare. with that gone,what's left.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #58
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-off-the-table

The GOP have all but conceded defeat,now it's in the: how do we get out of this hole and still save face" phase.

IIRC, this whole temper tantrum by the GOP was about defunding obamacare. with that gone,what's left.
Dude, it was the Cruz contingent that was fighting for defunding. Republican leadership was all about a 1-year delay. When they get it, they won. No other way to spin it.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #59
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII View Post
Dude, it was the Cruz contingent that was fighting for defunding. Republican leadership was all about a 1-year delay. When they get it, they won. No other way to spin it.
Translate, please.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #60
bombay
Ring of Famer

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/11/us...=tw-share&_r=0

Obama declines the short term solution.

lol
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #61
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII View Post
your post is one big spin. there's not going to be a delay.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #62
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

“It wasn’t designed well, it wasn’t implemented well, and it looks like nobody tested it,” said Luke Chung, an online database programmer.

Chung supports the new health care law but said it was not the demand that is crashing the site. He thinks the entire website needs a complete overhaul.

“It’s not even close. It’s not even ready for beta testing for my book. I would be ashamed and embarrassed if my organization delivered something like that,” he said.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/10/0...oftware-first/

Amazing how so many of you guys want this Obamacare in immediately but things like above is making it a complete joke. Is it because a delay will expose more issues technically and costly or you really think this care is ready to go?

Makes me think more and more Jetmeck is full of **** and once again going off the handle to prove a "point".................................................. .......................
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #63
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
“It wasn’t designed well, it wasn’t implemented well, and it looks like nobody tested it,” said Luke Chung, an online database programmer.

Chung supports the new health care law but said it was not the demand that is crashing the site. He thinks the entire website needs a complete overhaul.

“It’s not even close. It’s not even ready for beta testing for my book. I would be ashamed and embarrassed if my organization delivered something like that,” he said.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/10/0...oftware-first/

Amazing how so many of you guys want this Obamacare in immediately but things like above is making it a complete joke. Is it because a delay will expose more issues technically and costly or you really think this care is ready to go?

Makes me think more and more Jetmeck is full of **** and once again going off the handle to prove a "point".................................................. .......................
The American taxpayers spent over $500 million on the Obamacare websites that have been plagued by problems since the launch one week ago. That’s more than more than Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

http://rt.com/usa/obamacare-websites-cost-millions-002/
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #64
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

My wife typed in our cost of savings with Obamacare and we would get back only $900 of the $15k we spend on medical insurance for our family. My wife decided to skip obamacare on the fear the small savings won't be worth the headaches this "affordable" act will provide with no one knowing exactly what will become of it. I think it is going to be a learning in progress at the beginning and no way we want to be a guinea pig.

Family of 4 making a measly $30k? That gets full deduction of the cost. Gee, wonder who is paying for that? My wife and I.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote