The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #126
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Every win is such a Chapelle Show Charlie-Murphy-Prince-bit setup.
Game. Blouses.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #127
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,441

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Washington Tanashans

razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #128
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

How about the Washington Scalpers.

Featuring a Redskin in full headdress fanning out an array of super-inflated tickets.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #129
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Would anyone feel comfortable going into an Indian bar and calling them a bunch of fags? Anything coming out of your mouth in that way would get your ass kicked.

Seriously, when was the last time anyone heard someone call an Indian a "Redskin" in a deragatory way? It is only used as a football team name. Every other detail of Redskin is gone.
You're wrong.

Actually witnessed this happen when I was a junior at the U of Montana in Missoula. Guy was pissed at a Native American guy (I have no idea what they were talking about, but they'd had words), and when it escalated, the white guy said "**** you, you ****ing redskin," and all hell broke loose.

It's derogatory as ****. Folks on the Rez and who are in high density Native American areas know better.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #130
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I like the name redtails, it could go to anything too. Like a fox or a hawk or a fighter plane. They're all pretty cool "predators". Of course, I think there are way too many bird logos in the NFL, with the Falcons, Eagles, Seahawks, Ravens, Cardinals...

Rick Reily wrote a decent piece recently about not changing the name, and the main thing I agree with him on is that it shouldn't be "white" people who are upset over the use of the name and that appears to be the main backers of a change of the name. Seems like more Native Americans have more issue with chiefs fans dressing up and the tomahawk chop.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96...ot-easy-sounds

I hate chiefs fans.
Someone's probably already mentioned it, but Reilly misquoted his father in law.

His father and law said so in an article he wrote. Parts of it are quoted here: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...ick-reill.html

Basically? Reilly missed the entire ****ing point, and, it seems anyway, that he deliberately misquoted his father in law. Good move.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.

Last edited by TheElusiveKyleOrton; 10-10-2013 at 05:32 PM..
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #131
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler
 
ATL-Eric's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 620

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I'm thinking Regulators. Regs for short. Plus that's kind of a Washington term. Then at the beginning of every game the fans can chant: Regulatorssss, mount up!
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #132
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
I'm thinking Regulators. Regs for short. Plus that's kind of a Washington term. Then at the beginning of every game the fans can chant: Regulatorssss, mount up!
That would actually be really ****ing sweet.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #133
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That would actually be really ****ing sweet.
Seconded.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #134
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

It is apparently 90's music day.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #135
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler
 
ATL-Eric's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 620

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #136
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,653
Default




Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #137
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Someone's probably already mentioned it, but Reilly misquoted his father in law.

His father and law said so in an article he wrote. Parts of it are quoted here: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...ick-reill.html

Basically? Reilly missed the entire ****ing point, and, it seems anyway, that he deliberately misquoted his father in law. Good move.
And it wasn't just his father-in-law backtracking because of criticism. The article he wrote is a thoughtful, thorough look at why the slur/name is so painful to many Native Americans...and basically destroys every argument the "It's cool to use a racist name for the team if enough people are nostalgic about it" or "there's a few Natives over there who are okay with it" crowds:


http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...-banned-151696

Quote:
My great, great grandfather, Chief Heavy Runner, and 173 of his band were slaughtered in Montana in what was called the Baker Massacre in 1870

...

Ben Bennett’s book Death, Too, For the Heavy Runner tells how the people were down with smallpox, sick and starving. Chief Heavy Runner had sent all the able-bodied men out to hunt for food. The soldiers attacked the wrong camp. But when it was pointed out to him that these were friendly Indians, and when the people pleaded for mercy for the children, Col. Baker said “nits breed lice.” He likely called them “dirty redskins.” That is how we perceive the use of the word “redskins.”
Quote:
Our people grew up hearing terms like nits, dirty redskins, prairie ****er, savages, heathens, lazy Indians and drunks -- all derogatory terms used to label us. It is better today, but the underlying mentality is still there or obviously people would change the name.

“Redskins” is part of that mentality from colonial times when our men, women and children were hunted by soldiers and mercenaries who were paid for the scalps of our men, women and children. How can anyone claim this is a proud tradition to come from? The labels, racism and hatred our people continue to experience are directly tied to those racial slurs.
How anyone can brush aside an eloquent explanation about the psychic pain and dark history the slur carries as being "overly PC bull****" is beyond me.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #138
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
And it wasn't just his father-in-law backtracking because of criticism. The article he wrote is a thoughtful, thorough look at why the slur/name is so painful to many Native Americans...and basically destroys every argument the "It's cool to use a racist name for the team if enough people are nostalgic about it" or "there's a few Natives over there who are okay with it" crowds:


http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...-banned-151696





How anyone can brush aside an eloquent explanation about the psychic pain and dark history the slur carries as being "overly PC bull****" is beyond me.
How this is even a discussion is just beyond me at this point. "It's just like ______!" No, it isn't.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #139
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Dont change the name. Im tired of poloticians sticking their noseswhere it doesnt belong. They should be paying attention to this country and turning it the **** around. Im of swedish decent, should i be crying how it paints my heritage as uncivilized, warmongers(the vikings)?develope some thicker skin. Im not sorry my fore fathers came to this land and settled it. Fighting over lands wasnt foriegn to the natiives of this, country we just did it better. How many other nations give those they took land from reservations? Not to mention a check. Call me racist, im not sorry.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #140
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Dont change the name. Im tired of poloticians sticking their noseswhere it doesnt belong. They should be paying attention to this country and turning it the **** around. Im of swedish decent, should i be crying how it paints my heritage as uncivilized, warmongers(the vikings)?develope some thicker skin. Im not sorry my fore fathers came to this land and settled it. Fighting over lands wasnt foriegn to the natiives of this, country we just did it better. How many other nations give those they took land from reservations? Not to mention a check. Call me racist, im not sorry.
Just a ****ing moron.

We appreciate you clearing that up.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #141
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Just a ****ing moron.

We appreciate you clearing that up.
hows that?
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #142
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Just a ****ing moron.

We appreciate you clearing that up.
Is your panties in a bunch over a name, jokes on you
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #143
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,653
Default

Simmer down.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #144
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Fighting over lands wasnt foriegn to the natiives of this, country we just did it better. How many other nations give those they took land from reservations? Not to mention a check. Call me racist, im not sorry.
Jesus. Racist doesn't begin to cover it, really.

"Conflict with other religious groups wasn't foreign to the Jews, 1930s Germany just did it better! How many other nations give ghettos to the people they took land from? Not to mention some nice memorial sites 50 years later! Call me a Nazi, but I ain't sorry."
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #145
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Jesus. Racist doesn't begin to cover it, really.

"Conflict with other religious groups wasn't foreign to the Jews, 1930s Germany just did it better! How many other nations give ghettos to the people they took land from? Not to mention some nice memorial sites 50 years later! Call me a Nazi, but I ain't sorry."
right or wrong the jews knew what was gonna go down with hitler and had opportunities to leave. http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk...zi_Germany.htm. your revisionist history fails
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #146
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
right or wrong the jews knew what was gonna go down with hitler and had opportunities to leave. http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk...zi_Germany.htm. your revisionist history fails

Oh Good God man. Quit when you are behind.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #147
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Oh Good God man. Quit when you are behind.


Probably with a lot of folks on here. I didnt share my thoughts on the subject becuase i thought they would be popular. Insesitive? How about everytime i log on this board im insulted or verbally abused. Yeah perspective you wantto be shown respect but you wont give any.ok seems about right
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #148
fankadeo
Rookie
 
fankadeo's Avatar
 
oh noooooooooooooooooooo

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bye bye
Posts: 77

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
right or wrong the jews knew what was gonna go down with hitler and had opportunities to leave. http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk...zi_Germany.htm. your revisionist history fails
cue Anchorman
"Why don't you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while"
fankadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #149
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Probably with a lot of folks on here. I didnt share my thoughts on the subject becuase i thought they would be popular. Insesitive? How about everytime i log on this board im insulted or verbally abused. Yeah perspective you wantto be shown respect but you wont give any.ok seems about right
Find the respect you showed for the Native American people, and we can have this discussion. Til then, you'll get the respect YOU show others, which is absolutely none.

You're stupid as ****. You should probably start accepting that fact.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #150
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

hahahahaha. So I came back to this thread, thinking I maybe overplayed my card making a Nazi analogy and derailed the thread from the real topic. But instead I find out OTM is a consistent apologist for genocide across all times and cultures!
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Denver Broncos