The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #26
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Because of his work with his fundamentals and ball placement.

I bet because he couldn't work on throwing for most of the year he was recovering he was still working on his feet and hips.
Seems to me it has more to do with the guy finally reaching grandmaster level understanding when it comes to reading defenses (where most QBs never even reach master level). You used to be able to confuse him from time to time, now he seems to pretty much never misread things.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #27
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Seems to me it has more to do with the guy finally reaching grandmaster level understanding when it comes to reading defenses (where most QBs never even reach master level). You used to be able to confuse him from time to time, now he seems to pretty much never misread things.
Yes, Manning has reached Super Saiyan levels.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #28
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I am sure he did a lot of studying as well but there is an obvious improvement from last year to this year.

He has his arm strength back, he is no longer having to work just to regain muscle from the atrophy from the nerve damage and during the off season he was able to regain the upper body muscle he didn't have last year.

I know the hard way about the effects of nerve damage on muscle atrophy. My shoulder will wing out if I don't do my PT every other day like clockwork.

It is apparent that Manning's nerve is healthy and he can increase muscle.

Throw in the attention to detail with his footwork and his study of tendancies and defenses and he is now at a level where I knew he could score at will late in the game last week.

That said I did notice one thing after he had his facemask yanked on. He did have a bad throw on his INT not sure if he was trying to use touch to finesse the ball in there or if it was something else because he did not have a lot of velocity on that throw. He seemed ok the rest the game but we did lean on the run game late to eat clock. It just didn't seem like he wanted to go deep after that. Just iNteRNeTS speculation...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #29
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

One could also argue that he has the STRONGEST arm in the league............
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #30
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Such bunk. Every time he throws one of those bullets to Welker in the flat going into the endzone he puts major zip on the ball. He has the arm strength to call upon when he needs it. He just has the audacity to actually place his balls as opposed to the Cutler fastball-only mentality.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #31
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

His arm is strong enough to make all of the throws that he needs to make.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #32
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Anyone who is brave enough to watch the 4th and OT periods of the Baltimore playoff game should pay close attention to Peyton's arm strength that game. I'll leave it at that.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #33
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

who cares how much you can put on the ball? all that matters is getting the job done, and Peyton is getting the job done at a historic pace.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #34
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Anyone who is brave enough to watch the 4th and OT periods of the Baltimore playoff game should pay close attention to Peyton's arm strength that game. I'll leave it at that.
I think that has less to do with arm strength and more to do with his arm just finally got tired after a brutal year of work.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:39 AM   #35
Ol#7
Not Too Shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bucky Dilts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I think that has less to do with arm strength and more to do with his arm just finally got tired after a brutal year of work.
Also the cold. Remember how good Elway said he felt getting ready down in Miami before playing the ratbirds? Manning was probably stiff as a board by the end of the game which compounded everything.

He looks much stronger throwing the ball this year to me.
Ol#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:45 AM   #36
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Mannings arm not that strong who cares. I have a friend who can chuck a football 60 yards no joke. He played linebacker in JR college and is 45 now lol.

its about reading defenses presnap and then throwing an accurate ball. Strong armed qbs end up forcing the ball into coverage too much and never reach the level of guys like Montana, Manning, Brees. Now sometimes you get both, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly etc, but usually not. The end up like Flacco just chucking ball all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. But to be uber consistent in todays nfl, its about reading the defense pre-snap. Broncos should maybe think about throwing a lil less once defense gets the score down a bit, which i think they will. We need Manning fresh.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #37
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Besides we can't worry about his arm strength too much. Nothing can be done about it. It is what it is and the team knows this was a 3 yr, maybe 4 yr experiment. The strong armed QB is learning right now.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #38
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Sigh, weak ass arm and can't run for nothing either. We should just cut our ties with him now. Maybe we can figure out a way to get Cutner and Brenda Marshell back.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #39
SPORTSWRITER
Initials are ESP

Default NONSENSE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Manning's arm strength and accuracy are both top five in the NFL!!! Has the author of this nonsensical write really been watching Broncos games, or did he/she look at Manning's pee wee football games when he was 10 years old or so before writing this BS

Last edited by SPORTSWRITER; 10-10-2013 at 07:17 AM..
SPORTSWRITER is offline   Reply With Quote