The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #126
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
How the **** do you make that claim with a straight face? The blackhawks have missed the playoffs 9 times and made it 11 times in the last 20 seasons. The Red Wings have made the playoffs all 20 times. The Red Wings have won 4 cups and been to 6 Stanley cup finals in the last 20 seasons, the Blackhawks have won 2 finals and been to 2 finals total. I am sorry dude, but you need to move to an area with less mercury in the water.
Yeah, but it's Detroit and Detroit sucks. That is an irrefutable fact. Detroit, Suck City, Sucks hairy goat scrotum. Turning the city into a nuclear waste repository would actually improve the civic standard of that fetid cesspool of raw sewage. It is second only to Oakland in the amount of suck. It is the second suckiest suck that ever sucked.

Detroit Sucks.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #127
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
The Avs have been to 2 Stanley cup finals, the Red Wings have been to 24. The Avs have been in the playoffs 21 times, the Red Wings have been in 61 times including the last 22 straight.

If you want to do football comparisons, the Red Wings are like the Cowboys, an old team that has gone to a lot of championships and playoffs. The Avelanche are like the Ravens, they win when they go, but they haven't been in the league that long.
I love this response. I call out RW fans for a holier-than-thou attitude and instead of coming back with some sort of "hey not all of them are like that..." type of response, your retort is the typical RW fan attitude is justified because of the history of the team?

I dont want to paint all their fan base with such a broad brush and you have had some decent takes on the hockey (and broncos of course) threads but you arent helping yourself out here at all.

You do realize that their success on the ice doesn't make you a superior fan or possess superior intellect about the sport?

The Habs have won basically twice as many cups than the RWs and I dont see a similar attitude from their fan base. They actually have a winning record in the SCFs. They have more wins than any other franchise, more HOF players, etc, etc. Yet they DONT have some sort of insecurity to satisfy that requires them to name their city "Hockeytown." Hell, the term isnt even original to the RWs. The Hab fans are certainly passionate about their team but they arent these elitest fools like RW fans (and Leafs fans are I would add.)
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #128
Jekyll15Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Yeah, but it's Detroit and Detroit sucks. That is an irrefutable fact. Detroit, Suck City, Sucks hairy goat scrotum. Turning the city into a nuclear waste repository would actually improve the civic standard of that fetid cesspool of raw sewage. It is second only to Oakland in the amount of suck. It is the second suckiest suck that ever sucked.

Detroit Sucks.
There is a reason most people know it as the armpit of America.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #129
Jekyll15Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Just like the claude luemiex(sp)thing. the whole feud got started when adam foote was boarded. blah blah. YAH nobody remembers that. O yah the Avs were sposed to roll over for the 'wings. hahah we won. and those redwing bastards stil suck
Surprised this hasnt been beat up more. They think the rivalry was started in game 6. Lemieux's hit was payback for the first cheapshot in the series in game 3 which was Kozlov bashing Foote's face into the glass.

You think it had anything to do with the best regular season team EVER, sweeping the first two rounds, and then all of the sudden losing the first 2 games on their home ice and being a bit nervous? Me thinks so.

Last edited by Jekyll15Hyde; 10-08-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Old 10-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #130
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
I love this response. I call out RW fans for a holier-than-thou attitude and instead of coming back with some sort of "hey not all of them are like that..." type of response, your retort is the typical RW fan attitude is justified because of the history of the team?

I dont want to paint all their fan base with such a broad brush and you have had some decent takes on the hockey (and broncos of course) threads but you arent helping yourself out here at all.

You do realize that their success on the ice doesn't make you a superior fan or possess superior intellect about the sport?

The Habs have won basically twice as many cups than the RWs and I dont see a similar attitude from their fan base. They actually have a winning record in the SCFs. They have more wins than any other franchise, more HOF players, etc, etc. Yet they DONT have some sort of insecurity to satisfy that requires them to name their city "Hockeytown." Hell, the term isnt even original to the RWs. The Hab fans are certainly passionate about their team but they arent these elitest fools like RW fans (and Leafs fans are I would add.)
To be fair, I can't understand half of what those French Canadian speaking cheese chokers are saying. They might be talking **** but who the hell knows.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #131
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
I wouldn't quite say all eras lol. The "Dead Wings" were pretty terrible. Over all though, they're one of the more successful organizations in sports.
I know, but often times great franchises go through a long slump and can't recover for a while. The Pirates in baseball, The Yankees 64'-72', 81'-95'. The Habs, Oilers, Leafs.
I hate the Wings with a passion(I've several times said that being a Wing fan is akin to devil worship). But they're still a damn good team and a organization who's success you would love to emulate.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #132
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Avs looking good
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #133
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Great game tonight loved the penalty we killed shorthanded keeping it in their d zone. I had to check twice thinking we were on pp. Lol

Was reading power rankings over at ESPN.colorado 7 detroit 9.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:48 AM   #134
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Avs 3-0 to start the season for the first time in franchise history.
The Nordiques were 3-0 to start the 95-96 season but they're not considered to be the Avs.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #135
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Avs 3-0 to start the season for the first time in franchise history.
The Nordiques were 3-0 to start the 95-96 season but they're not considered to be the Avs.
Soon to be 3-1
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #136
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Great game tonight loved the penalty we killed shorthanded keeping it in their d zone. I had to check twice thinking we were on pp. Lol

Was reading power rankings over at ESPN.colorado 7 detroit 9.

Avs look solid. I don't know if the d and varlamov can sustain this but any team that hangs with 'em will have to skate for 60, for sure.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #137
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

Pride is earned. Cleveland Browns fans aren't proud of their team, they are slightly embarrassed that they cheer for the Browns and that they are associated with Cleveland. I am proud of being a Red Wing fan because the team has a long history of success, could field an entire team of current hall of famers with significant history in the organization and because it is a strong organization.

I love that Avs fans are cheering for their team, the Avs had a period of being great and those playoff series represented some of the very best hockey that has ever been played. That doesn't change the fact that I think the Wings are better than the Avs and always will be, and I will always try to make that point when given the chance.

I don't claim to be a better fan, or know more about hockey, or be a superior human being because I am a fan of the Red Wings. If I have ever done so I apologize for that because clearly that is not the case.

As for the Habs fans, you have them all wrong. This is the same fan group that ran Roy out of town. Here is a list of Hockey riots in Canada, there are 8 listed and 5 of them are about Habs fans. Habs fans are definitely the most passionate but also the most obsessed and possibly the most drunk, if that team hadn't won as much as they have - and if you go back a page you will see that I do agree they are the greatest organization ever - the entire city of Montreal and possibly all of southwestern Quebec would be a burned down pile of rubble.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...in-Canada.html
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #138
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
There is a reason most people know it as the armpit of America.
I think everybody knows it to be the armpit of the world, it is not a very nice place to be.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #139
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I think everybody knows it to be the armpit of the world, it is not a very nice place to be.
You haven't lived til you've been pistol whipped in Greektown, my friend.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #140
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
You haven't lived til you've been pistol whipped in Greektown, my friend.
I don't know, I got chased out of West Philly a few years ago while taking an evening walk when I was at a conference near UPenn.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #141
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Soon to be 3-1
We'll see. Boston is good but they have some WTF moments.
Skating wise the Avs are a very good match up for them and they don't have Seguin to give them a bigger scoring punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Avs look solid. I don't know if the d and varlamov can sustain this but any team that hangs with 'em will have to skate for 60, for sure.
Varly I think can because he's uber talented and his issue in the past has been needing a goalie coach(he said this himself many times)that he can get feedback from and if he has a bad game, learn from.

Allaire pretty much rebuilt his mechanics and made him a much more sound defender in net. He's focused on being in the right place and in the right position rather than trying to make the huge highlight reel save.

The D, that will depend on if the offense can get it going a bit more. Mac and Duchene need to be absolute monsters on O all season long.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #142
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Skating wise the Avs are a very good match up for them and they don't have Seguin to give them a bigger scoring punch.
Seguin's 16 goals last year are going to be near impossible to replace.

Eriksson and Iginla are both comparable if not better scorers at this point, with better defense.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #143
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Pens 3-0. Should kick it into high gear when Neal and Tanger come back.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #144
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Pens 3-0. Should kick it into high gear when Neal and Tanger come back.
Pens to the Cup!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #145
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Avs and Broncos both undefeated. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #146
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

It's 3-4 games into the season...records or how teams have played mean nothing.....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #147
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
It's 3-4 games into the season...records or how teams have played mean nothing.....
In other words, the Rags have started off slow at 1-2.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #148
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
In other words, the Rags have started off slow at 1-2.
Yes but at least our star center is not blowing our sieve like goalie.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #149
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Yes but at least our star center is not blowing our sieve like goalie.
How "metro.......politan" of him.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #150
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Lol.

BTW Finkle....speaking of sieve like goalies, what's wrong with Hank this year? Doesn't seem as sharp.