The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #26
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII View Post
This is a startlingly naive view of health care. The real costs don't come from emergency visits. They come from long-term treatments and therapies (Like PonyBoy's talking about). Which is when and where personal means get tested.
Source?

Quote:
And 'uncompensated care' is an issue. But it's not THE issue. As I've said before, the feds could simply cut checks to providers for all uncompensated care, and save probably 75% of what Obamacare is going to cost.
Hmm... "Big Government" taking taxpayer money and handing it out to hospitals directly. What do they call that again?
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #27
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
Source?

Hmm... "Big Government" taking taxpayer money and handing it out to hospitals directly. What do they call that again?
Sure, if you want to solve a problem that I already said isn't really THE major problem with health care. In reality, it's a $40-$50 billion dollar problem in a $3 Trillion dollar market. If your cable, internet, or media providers ended up getting stiffed on less than 2% of their revenue, you'd hardly tell us that we needed a federal program to ensure they got their money. Unless maybe you were Algore.

Instead, solve the real problem (cost) and that problem, along with most the others shrink even further in significance. It's that $3 Trillion, that's the problem. Not the $50 billion.

The 800lb Gorilla with health care is that so few consumers really care what it costs. And costs will continue to grow so long as nobody cares.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #28
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

It will be interesting to see how the market place rolls out. I will definitely be comparing my options there as opposed to what is offered through work.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #29
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Sure, if you want to solve a problem that I already said isn't really THE major problem with health care. In reality, it's a $40-$50 billion dollar problem in a $3 Trillion dollar market. If your cable, internet, or media providers ended up getting stiffed on less than 2% of their revenue, you'd hardly tell us that we needed a federal program to ensure they got their money. Unless maybe you were Algore.

Instead, solve the real problem (cost) and that problem, along with most the others shrink even further in significance. It's that $3 Trillion, that's the problem. Not the $50 billion.

The 800lb Gorilla with health care is that so few consumers really care what it costs. And costs will continue to grow so long as nobody cares.
IMO the PPACA is only the start. I've heard many good ideas out there from both sides about lowering costs while maintaining or improving quality, and most of them are compatible with Obamacare.

But if you don't think uninsured people presenting to ERs is not a significant problem then you didn't read TonyR's article. The evidence is very clear that it is.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Anyone who would not get wife a mammogram unless govt pays for it is a dillwad loser.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #31
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Oh and if you can't afford 200 bucks for your wife to get a mammogram, then don't get married. Marriage is for people responsible enough to take care of other people. Not for losers who need the govt to pay for kids food and wifes mammograms.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #32
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

So between the rollout day and now you already signed up, got wife a mammogram, and saved her life? **** in CA the webpage won't even load and Jetmeck already getting life saving treatment for his family.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #33
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
It will be interesting to see how the market place rolls out. I will definitely be comparing my options there as opposed to what is offered through work.
You could lie about it also. There is no way for the govt to find out what your work offers for healthcare. You do realize you can't just take more money from work then go to Obamacare right? They system only works if you admit what employer offers so they know if you deserve a subsidy. I know you wouldn't lie but the govt is kidding themselves about this whole plan.

Young people will not sign up IMO in enough number to fund this thing over the first 5 yrs. Not sure about after that, maybe you could brainwash them to pay for older peoples medical care if you get into the schools and really hit it hard.

Whats going to happen is people will take more money from work to drop healthcare, go to the exchanges, lie, get a subsidy and make out like a bandit until the system either crashes and burns, or gts reformed with some apparatus to police it.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #34
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
You could lie about it also. There is no way for the govt to find out what your work offers for healthcare. You do realize you can't just take more money from work then go to Obamacare right? They system only works if you admit what employer offers so they know if you deserve a subsidy. I know you wouldn't lie but the govt is kidding themselves about this whole plan.

Young people will not sign up IMO in enough number to fund this thing over the first 5 yrs. Not sure about after that, maybe you could brainwash them to pay for older peoples medical care if you get into the schools and really hit it hard.

Whats going to happen is people will take more money from work to drop healthcare, go to the exchanges, lie, get a subsidy and make out like a bandit until the system either crashes and burns, or gts reformed with some apparatus to police it.
Quote:
Select “No” if your employer requires you to spend more than 9.5% of your household income on your own insurance premium, or if the health insurance your employer offers does not meet the health care law’s minimum value standards.
^^

You don't think all of this is readily researchable by the IRS? Sure, you could lie about it, but it would be just like lying on the rest of your taxes: a felony. Ultimately, the IRS always gets its money.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #35
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Mincing words again. Obama said that you could keep your insurance if you like. He did not mean that he had control over the insurance companies. Insurance companies change their plans and premiums all the time. isn't that what you love about capitalism?
Yeah...which just shows the depth of the President's foolish statement. I knew it was an idiotic statement....and so did a number of other people.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #36
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
So between the rollout day and now you already signed up, got wife a mammogram, and saved her life? **** in CA the webpage won't even load and Jetmeck already getting life saving treatment for his family.
It's most likely that he's making it up.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #37
slick7
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Oh and if you can't afford 200 bucks for your wife to get a mammogram, then don't get married. Marriage is for people responsible enough to take care of other people. Not for losers who need the govt to pay for kids food and wifes mammograms.
I guess if you got layed off because the economy took a dump you should get divorced. Seems reasonable.
slick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #38
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
IMO the PPACA is only the start. I've heard many good ideas out there from both sides about lowering costs while maintaining or improving quality, and most of them are compatible with Obamacare.

But if you don't think uninsured people presenting to ERs is not a significant problem then you didn't read TonyR's article. The evidence is very clear that it is.
The article itself throws out $43 billion or $60 billion as estimates of the cost. Again, against a $3 Trillion market, I can just about guarantee that Walmart loses close to that percentage in "uncompensated" shopping.

Do we need a huge new federal program to take care of that?
Old 10-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #39
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick7 View Post
I guess if you got layed off because the economy took a dump you should get divorced. Seems reasonable.
Cutthemdown is not known for reason or sanity.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #40
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
The article itself throws out $43 billion or $60 billion as estimates of the cost. Again, against a $3 Trillion market, I can just about guarantee that Walmart loses close to that percentage in "uncompensated" shopping.

Does that "uncompensated shopping" cost every Walmart shopper thousands per year? Do their physical wellbeing and possibly their lives depend on buying at Walmart?
Old 10-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #41
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Does that "uncompensated shopping" cost every Walmart shopper thousands per year? Do their physical wellbeing and possibly their lives depend on buying at Walmart?
You say that and then turn around with a "solution" that preemptively charges the honest shoppers thousands per year.

Which gets back to my point. If someone proposed this "solution" for any other industry's bad debt, you'd call it crazy. But in every business, all consumers share the cost for unpaid tabs. Only in healthcare have we been convinced that that's unacceptable.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #42
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:

BTW, you are suggesting here that the hospitals take in $3 trillion a year and only swallow $43-$60 billion a year, is that right?

Source?

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 10-09-2013 at 01:23 AM..
Old 10-09-2013, 04:54 AM   #43
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
BTW, you are suggesting here that the hospitals take in $3 trillion a year and only swallow $43-$60 billion a year, is that right?

Source?
The Kaiser study they referenced with the $43 billion number looked at more than Hospitals.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #44
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Now looks like credit scores also determine how high people's premiums go up, which typically the poor have low scores, so how is that going to help them get affordable care? Typical liberal democrat idea, screw over the rest to help the minority but they don't really get the help promised in the end. It's just sickening.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/cre...z/-/index.html
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #45
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
It's most likely that he's making it up.
Sad to think this but it is over reacting Jet Meck starting the thread.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #46
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
If ObamaCare had been as unpopular as conservatives believed, their plan for the shutdown — that there would be a public uprising to force Democratic senators in close races in 2014 to defund it — would’ve worked. It didn’t. Not a single senator budged. Their tactic failed, and now what they are left with is House Speaker John Boehner basically begging the president of the United States to negotiate with him.
http://nypost.com/2013/10/08/suicide-of-the-right/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #47
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
exactly. that's all you hear coming out of boner. "all we're asking for is a conversation".
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #48
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Sad to think this but it is over reacting Jet Meck starting the thread.
not an overreaction at all,but you go ahead and believe whatever it is you want to believe.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #49
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
http://nypost.com/2013/10/08/suicide-of-the-right/

If ObamaCare had been as unpopular as conservatives believed, their plan for the shutdown — that there would be a public uprising to force Democratic senators in close races in 2014 to defund it — would’ve worked. It didn’t. Not a single senator budged. Their tactic failed, and now what they are left with is House Speaker John Boehner basically begging the president of the United States to negotiate with him.
Which is why we are now going to watch them shift the argument over to the debt and forget about Obamacare. Like Humpty Dumpty said, "My words mean whatever I want them to mean."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #50
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
not an overreaction at all,but you go ahead and believe whatever it is you want to believe.
Dude, "overreacting JetMeck". Not sure what the hell your comment means but I (in easy, break down words for you) stated that Garcia Bronco of being suspicious of JetMeck's claim is possible as Jet Meck likes to overreact to items.

Now wtf are you talking about? So I am not overreacting thinking Jetmeck might be making this up with his wife but then you contradict yourself and state I am believing in a falsehood (that jetmeck was telling the truth).

So, what is it peace?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote