The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #26
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Here's a crazy thought....if we can't resign Decker, what would his trade value be worth??
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #27
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
Here's a crazy thought....if we can't resign Decker, what would his trade value be worth??
You cannot trade him at the end of the season. What you wanna trade him in the middle of a title run?
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #28
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
You cannot trade him at the end of the season. What you wanna trade him in the middle of a title run?
Tag and trade in offseason. (not that I would want to, just saying it's possible)
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #29
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
This list is missing Moreno because he has a team option and therefore won't be a UFA until that option is declined, but my take on what to do with it would be as follows:

1. Carter, Harris, Ihenacho, and Holliday all get team friendly multi-year offers. If any decline they can be retained on their RFA/ERFA tag.

2. Unrein, Boren, and Orton are kept on lowest dollar one year tags as camp bodies, need to earn roster spots oncea gain.

3. Woodyard, Ayers, Moreno, Beadles, Decker, Kuper, DRC. That's the order I'd want to retain the veterans.

Woodyard needs to be locked up, he's a big part of the defense.

Ayers looks poised to come into his own now that he's given the starting spot and could be an excellent compliment opposite Von, should be retained if at all financially possible.

Moreno is looking like a real play maker in this offense thanks to his versatility, while both Hillman and Ball are more one dimensional backs. I'm not sure if I'd pick up his option (it's only $1.3M in base salary but requires a $5M option bonus), but I'd definitely look to retain him.

Beadles is solid, young, and healthy so he adds nice consistency to the line. If he doesn't break the bank he should be retained.

Decker is a luxury resign. DT is the big guy they've got to extend before he hits the market in 2015 and Welker is already a well paid WR. Welker's deal was only for three years so they might be able to get Decker to take less up front and have his salary expand when Welker's money is freed up. If the money can work out then go for it, but I'm suspect.

Kuper seems like a worthwhile value re-sign as depth where he can continue to develop as a center and potentially challenge for a job next camp. I don't see him being offered a starting guarantee due to his health issues, so if he'd take a modest seven figure sum to be the swing OG/OC with a chance to compete I'd be all for retaining him.

DRC is a luxury for a team with Harris, Webster, Bolden, and Carter already under control and Champ as the established vet. If he'll take a reasonable number to stick around that'd be great but I'm betting he'll want more money than the Broncos should spend on a guy who might end up the #4 corner (if Harris and Webster leapfrog him, which seems a distinct possibility).

If we learned anything yesterday it is that you can NEVER have too much depth on DEF. You lose a few guys and Romo looks like Manning (until game is on the line ). DRC, if he can keep playing at a high level, is a HUGE re-sign for us. Champ at another year older and having lost a step with a massive contract is still a big question mark. I'm high on Kayvon and obviously Harris who we must, absolutely, positively keep on this team.

I don't think Carter or especially Bolden are worthy of wearing a Bronco uniform. I would love to see other options there.

Put DRC after Moreno on your order of retains and otherwise I agree with everything you said.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #30
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
IMO it goes

Woodyard

Chris Harris

Decker

DRC

Ayers

Beadles

Tony Carter

I didn't include ERFA simply because I think the team will not let go of Nacho and Holliday Road
Duke and Holliday Road will both be back, they are huge contributors and as ERFA they are really cheap.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #31
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I believe in Mike Sullivan. We have the best guru in the league
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #32
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Keep Holliday please
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #33
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

I don't understand why people don't seem to care about Decker. Has an occasional drop or fumble, but makes tons of big plays.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #34
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'm hoping Decker will realize the situation he's in and take a discounted deal, but if he wants too much, let him walk. Take that money and use it to help extend Demaryius.

You have to bring back Woodyard, Harris, Beadles, Holliday, and Ihenacho. Ayers and Carter should resign for cheap. Hopefully Phillips will stay on on a cheap one or two year deal because he can clearly still play, and we haven't even seen him with Von. DRC has had a pretty good one year audition so far, so I'd like to see him back.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #35
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
I don't understand why people don't seem to care about Decker. Has an occasional drop or fumble, but makes tons of big plays.
He should though....Welker and DT get the vast majority of the defensive attention
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #36
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Find a way to keep Decker until Manning retires.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #37
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's not that I don't care about Decker. It's just likely that some team overpays on him, based on what he's done with Manning. He's more replaceable then some of the other free agents on the list.

If it is possible to keep him at a reasonable price, fine. But don't want to sign Decker if it means losing Woodyard
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #38
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
It's not that I don't care about Decker. It's just likely that some team overpays on him, based on what he's done with Manning. He's more replaceable then some of the other free agents on the list.

If it is possible to keep him at a reasonable price, fine. But don't want to sign Decker if it means losing Woodyard
Relax. We're keeping both. No way in hell Broncos keep Champ at that contract size next year. No way in hell I repeat. There will be money for all these guys. Especially if PM wins it all this year and wants to repeat. He'll gladly take a pay cut to keep some of these guys. We'll have options. I wouldn't worry.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #39
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I have a feeling Elway is way ahead of the curve on this and will not need our input.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #40
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Relax. We're keeping both. No way in hell Broncos keep Champ at that contract size next year. No way in hell I repeat. There will be money for all these guys. Especially if PM wins it all this year and wants to repeat. He'll gladly take a pay cut to keep some of these guys. We'll have options. I wouldn't worry.
Not worried, just kinda accepted that he probably won't be back. Agree that Champ is going to be gone next year, unless he takes a drastic cut in pay.

Not sure if I'd expect Peyton to take much of a pay cut. If anything, you could argue he's underpaid in comparison to what other QB's contracts are.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #41
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I have a feeling Elway is way ahead of the curve on this and will not need our input.
I have a feeling nobody is posting their views on who they would like to keep, with the expectation that Elway is reading and should be paying heed to the Mane's words of wisdom
Old 10-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #42
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Not worried, just kinda accepted that he probably won't be back. Agree that Champ is going to be gone next year, unless he takes a drastic cut in pay.

Not sure if I'd expect Peyton to take much of a pay cut. If anything, you could argue he's underpaid in comparison to what other QB's contracts are.
It depends. If PM won it all this year and wanted to comeback next year, and let's say we signed everybody we wanted to except for let's say Decker. We want him and PM wants him back (he doesn't want to start all over with a new guy at this stage of his career). Let's say it comes down to 2M. I think PM would take a cut to sign a key guy like this for another shot at a title.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #43
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:

Decker is going to be someone's Alvin Harper.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #44
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
ahhh damn it
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #45
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
I like Decker and what he brings to the team, but you have Thomas and Welker signed through next year. Money can be spent elsewhere. I also think if Decker hits the open market he'll get paid. I'm sure he would love to go to N.Y. and with Nicks not going to be re-signed maybe they'll go after Decker.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #46
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
I'm hoping Decker will realize the situation he's in and take a discounted deal, but if he wants too much, let him walk. Take that money and use it to help extend Demaryius.

You have to bring back Woodyard, Harris, Beadles, Holliday, and Ihenacho. Ayers and Carter should resign for cheap. Hopefully Phillips will stay on on a cheap one or two year deal because he can clearly still play, and we haven't even seen him with Von. DRC has had a pretty good one year audition so far, so I'd like to see him back.
The situation Decker is in is that he has a 37 year-old QB that could retire at any minute. Decker might not be thrilled by the thought of catching passes from Oz.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #47
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

For me, DRC and Ayers are the most interesting. We have guys who are absolute no brainers. But DRC and Ayers could be key pieces that are somewhat wildcards.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #48
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Shaun Phillips is on pace for 17 sacks...I wouldn't mind him on a low 1-2 year contract...who knows he could use this season to leverage some other team for a huge contract.

Duke Ihenacho is a must resign at a low rate unless we plan on drafting another safety in his spot.

If I had to pick one player to resign, it'd definitely have to be Chris Harris.

I believe Eric Decker will resign but it's tough considering they have DT up next year with Wes Welker.
As much as I would love to continue gazing upon Eric Decker my priority outside of Woodyard would be Nacho and if he doesn't want a low rate, I'd give him higher and not even think about putting another safety in his position. I agree on Chris Harris too. Those are my top 3. Then Beadles and Decker. Love ya Decker but WR's are a dime a dozen.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #49
No1BroncoFan
Old School

If you have to ask, you don't know

Quote:

Manning didn't come back to football because he needed the money. I could easily see him taking a pay cut to win a (hopefully third) Superbowl championship, if we needed the money to make key signings, muck like Elway did in '97 and '98. Great players want other great players around them.
No1BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #50
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Moreno is looking like a real play maker in this offense thanks to his versatility, while both Hillman and Ball are more one dimensional backs. I'm not sure if I'd pick up his option (it's only $1.3M in base salary but requires a $5M option bonus), but I'd definitely look to retain him.
Adios amigo. Ball and Hillman time, along with CJ and other backs.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote