The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default Rant of the Week.

I just noticed something listening to the national broadcast. This was a close game. Closest game Broncos have had in a year. But because it was a close game everybody seems to think we are the PRETENDERS! WTF! Everybody is so ready to suck on the dartos tunic of New England after 2 nail bitting wins. Or Seahawks offense litterally did less than $h!t vs. Houston but they're legit SB bound. Its bad enough that Broncos only have 2.5 Broncos in the HOF (Zimmerman was an orginally a viking). But right now Broncos are playing at a break neck pace and all I hear is "oh look they stumbled to a win" bs! EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU National broadcasters!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Release....... RELEASE...... let it all out!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

That's funny because I just heard the talking heads were saying they didn't know how good the Broncos were until they were challenged and forced to play in a close game.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #4
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Sounds like you need a slump buster
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Only the Mane could play the "media disrespect" card in a week where we'll no doubt be #1 in EVERY SINGLE analyst's power rankings.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #6
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Only the Mane could play the "media disrespect" card in a week where we'll no doubt be #1 in EVERY SINGLE analyst's power rankings.
I don't think we will. People are pouncing on that defensive performance, for good reason on the surface level. Honestly though, anything that could go wrong defensively did....all the chuck and pray passes worked and by the end of the day half of starting defense was out. No one is talking about that though...it's all about how we will be ultimately successful with that defense.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #7
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would say why get so worked up. The season is going to come down to playing well in the playoffs no matter what seed Denver is. Contenders aren't picked in September and October.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #8
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Reality is even the best team in the NFL will not win every game by 20+ points. There are close games to be one and the best teams get it done more often than not. But most of the large media at least is in the east and any team west of Chicago is news to many of them.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #9
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

The talking heads will always give more credit to a high scoring team winning through defense than a high scoring team winning by even more scoring.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #10
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #11
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #12
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
That's funny because I just heard the talking heads were saying they didn't know how good the Broncos were until they were challenged and forced to play in a close game.
This is what I've been hearing. Tested and came out on top when the pressure was on.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #13
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I don't think we will. People are pouncing on that defensive performance, for good reason on the surface level. Honestly though, anything that could go wrong defensively did....all the chuck and pray passes worked and by the end of the day half of starting defense was out. No one is talking about that though...it's all about how we will be ultimately successful with that defense.
If you had told me before that we would be without Woodyard(who is the driver of the defense) without Von ayers Harris and champ I would guarantee a loss against a good offense. Lack of pressure gave up a lot of those plays. Some of them romo had 7 plus seconds to find a reciever. You put a great secondary out there and after that much time someone always gets open. And when there was pressure romo got rattled at the end. A few of those plays were romo scrambling like a boss. I think we won't see that type of performance anymore(about as bad as it gets). Don't think all those players will be out at the same time again.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #14
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
I just noticed something listening to the national broadcast. This was a close game. Closest game Broncos have had in a year. But because it was a close game everybody seems to think we are the PRETENDERS! WTF! Everybody is so ready to suck on the dartos tunic of New England after 2 nail bitting wins. Or Seahawks offense litterally did less than $h!t vs. Houston but they're legit SB bound. Its bad enough that Broncos only have 2.5 Broncos in the HOF (Zimmerman was an orginally a viking). But right now Broncos are playing at a break neck pace and all I hear is "oh look they stumbled to a win" bs! EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU National broadcasters!
i agree, but if i had my choice, i would much rather fly under the radar. I hate being the team everyone expects to win. They rarely win the SB. Look at like the last 5-10 SB champs, all came out of nowhere. It will be hard for Denver to come out of nowhere, but i still would rather have the media doubting us than giving us praise and picking us to blow everyone out.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #15
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
i agree, but if i had my choice, i would much rather fly under the radar. I hate being the team everyone expects to win. They rarely win the SB. Look at like the last 5-10 SB champs, all came out of nowhere. It will be hard for Denver to come out of nowhere, but i still would rather have the media doubting us than giving us praise and picking us to blow everyone out.
I'm the opposite, this year. Go fast, loud, and score 60 every week while holding the opponents to 0 with everyone expecting it!!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #16
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Elway, Little, Zimmerman, Sharpe in HOF.

Your math is a lil off.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #17
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Elway, Little, Zimmerman, Sharpe in HOF.

Your math is a lil off.
The point is the Tampa bay bucs have more HOF ers than we do. And this is one of the reasons Broncos don't get the respect we are due. Remember there was talk of Elway not being a first ballot HOF ers before his first SB win. And why? The only reason given was no SB wins. Even though he had more wins than any other QB at the time. For whatever reason Broncos have to be 100 ones better than any body else to get respect. Look at Terrell Davis. 2000 hard rush season league MVP SB MVP but Curtis Martin is a legit HOF er? The hell they say.

Last edited by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun; 10-07-2013 at 12:35 PM..
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #18
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
The point is the Tampa bay bucs have more HOF ers than we do. And this is one of the reasons Broncos don't get the respect we are due. Remember there was talk of Elway not being a first ballot HOF ers before his first SB win. And why? The only reason given was no SB wins. Even though he had more wins than any other QB at the time. For whatever reason Broncos have to be 100 ones better than any body else to get respect. Look at Terrell Davis. 2000 hard rush season league MVP SB MVP but Curtis Martin is a legit HOF er? The hell they say.
We have more hall of famers than the bucs.

John Elway
Gary Zimmerman
Shannon Sharpe
Floyd Little

The Bucs only have (I'm not counting Randall McDaniel and Steve Young as Buccaneers):

Lee Roy Selmon
Warren Sapp
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #19
stopgap
Chicken

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The talking heads will never side with Denver.

Oh well. They will just have to grin and bear it.
stopgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #20
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

oh come on now. We were the talk of the town 2 years ago with Tebow. We were the national darlings with Manning coming back last year. They need to keep talking about us, but need to change the narrative a little bit.

KC has more of a right to gripe about a lack of national attention IMO, but then again, it's KC so who cares.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #21
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I have two words for the talking-heads ........ Von Miller
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #22
stopgap
Chicken

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
oh come on now. We were the talk of the town 2 years ago with Tebow. We were the national darlings with Manning coming back last year. They need to keep talking about us, but need to change the narrative a little bit.

KC has more of a right to gripe about a lack of national attention IMO, but then again, it's KC so who cares.
Tebow brings the TMZ drama. That's different.
stopgap is offline   Reply With Quote