The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > The Horses Butt
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #76
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
I didn't think we could land him. Oh the horror of me thinking that. I must not be a true fan. The shame............the shame.
It's one thing to have an opinion like yours....but the vast majority of those who had doubts were pretty obnoxious in their defense of their opinions and attacked those who had differing opinions.

Go back and read the entire thread and during the time Manning was mulling over his options, this board saw many venomous attacks by Tebow supporters, and Manning haters......we had people calling the Broncos classless for possibly signing Manning and trading Tebow....we had people basically burning their "fan" cards, we had people claiming it would set the Broncos back, we had people blasting Elway, Fox, DT, Decker, Moreno, the OL, and Manning....the very people who are setting NFL records for making opposing teams lick Fido's ass.

Having a differing opinion isn't what makes them bad fans...it was the total trashing of the team, FO, and two of the NFL's greatest QB's while supporting a one hit wonder who is now out of the league less than two seasons after being traded that gives them that distinction
Old 10-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #77
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I honestly thought we had no shot at Manning. Why would he come here? Our defense was still somewhat of a mess, offense was a mess thanks to Mcdaniels giving us unknowns.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #78
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Should've kept the Tebow, since he's so good and all.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #79
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
it is what it is...
I know; it is a call out thread. Why the need to pretend it isn't?
Old 10-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #80
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I was too busy banning innocent people to say anything stupid.
Ok, now that's funny...I don't care who you are.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #81
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Oh man where to start with this. First, you don't have to say anything about the comments for it to be a call out. Second, when you post something like "Wonder what those same morons are saying today?", that my friend is thumping your chest and calling them out. You posted that in the thread that this one is talking about not 20 minutes after you started this thread. Third, I haven't lost credibility on the mighty Orangemane board. Maybe with you, but I think I'll sleep pretty good at night even knowing that.
I can pretty much guarantee he was called "a moron" for not thinking the same way as the " morons" referenced in that quote.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #82
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post
I'm sorry, have we won anything with Manning yet?
Just 15 straight regular season games, the AFC West division title....but no title.

however if winning it all is your logic then Broncos have had 2 good seasons and 51 miserable ones
Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #83
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Hey, it was a fun thread.
What happened, from my perspective, is this.

For some period of time, there had been an increasing number of personal attacks and an increasing degree of hostility among a number of posters on the board.

Jhns was one of the main instigators, but he certainly wasn't alone. Part of it was due to the rift in opinion about Tebow. That was a huge factor. But it really went further back than that - really to the point when McDaniels replaced Shanahan.

We'd let things slide a long, long time.

The Manning thread brought all this stuff to the fore once again.

My initial feeling was to impose as minimal amount of control as possible, first by politely telling people to knock it off. I was ignored, partially because some people did not realize I was a moderator. Others probably missed my initial warning because the thread was so long and moving so fast.

I then decided to impose the minimum sanction possible - "thread bans." Instead of banning people outright, I told them to get out of the thread. This was a mistake, for several reasons. It didn't work. Again, some people didn't realize I was a moderator. Others didn't think I was serious. Others couldn't comprehend the notion of a "thread ban," having never encountered such a beast in their entire time on the internet. I should never have taken that intermediate step. Instead, I should have just issued lesser bans right from the start - one day to one week each, I imagine, would have been sufficient.

Once I started banning people, some posters saw it as me taking sides in the underlying disputes, which I really didn't give a darn about. So we had some deliberate defiance and protests that also drew bans, and I kept escalating the times involved, which just poured more flames on the fire.

TJ did NOT step in. On the contrary, after thinking things over for a bit, and considering feedback from other posters in PMs and the like, I suggested to him that he might want to reduce or lift some of the bans - which he did in a number of cases.

What I learned from that experience was to never use thread bans again.

My apologies to those I offended, except for the ones who deserved it, whoever they were, which I can't even remember now.

Last edited by Old Dude; 10-01-2013 at 10:05 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #84
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I know; it is a call out thread. Why the need to pretend it isn't?
call it what you want to call it, I'm not pretending anything when I made the thread it was not my intention for it to be a "call out" thread more like eat some sh*t thread

would it make ppl feel better if I deleted the usernames out of the quotes?

hahhahahahaha
Old 10-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #85
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
because it is a forum.. discuss... doesn't mean your opinion matters.. just discuss.. jesus it is not hard to understand
Dude, his name is not jesus. That's Tebow.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #86
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
call it what you want to call it, I'm not pretending anything when I made the thread it was not my intention for it to be a "call out" thread more like eat some sh*t thread

hahhahahahaha
Actually, that might have been a better tactic...
Old 10-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #87
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Get a friggen clue. I haven't lost anything. You can't refute anything I have said. In your fantasy land I suppose the 2 kick returns had no impact on us being in that game "to start with".

What Manning is doing this season is great. But it is meaningless unless they win the big one. So your pathetic call out thread is premature, at best.
so using your own logic, Elway had 2 meaningful seasons and 14 meaningless seasons...got it!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #88
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
What happened, from my perspective, is this.
For some period of time, there had been an increasing number of personal attacks and an increasing degree of hostility among a number of posters on the board.
^ that is the problem w/ this & most forums, ppl get butt hurt when someone doesn't agree with them... most don't have anything intelligent to say so they resort to personal attacks well because they have nothing else... happens in all my threads ... I'm use to it but it is sad but true

Last edited by i4jelway7; 10-01-2013 at 10:26 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #89
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Oh no not a short joke, boo hoo I'm short, a man in a boy's body.. poor, pathetic me, what a loser I am ... hahahhaha ... just didn't want to "bump" this thread so it is edited for your viewing pleasure... damn 12 year olds & their interwebs, probably would of got away with it too if it wasn't for that damn mettling MplsBronco
you're taller than Tom Cruise.....
Old 10-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #90
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I was CERTAIN he was going to Arizona or Tennessee.
I didn't realize you were such a Teboner and you said a bunch of irrational nonsense about signing Manning. I got a chuckle out of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
-Cute post but its true.

- He plays a very different style of QB
- the style has proven very effective

If he can improve in each area of his game like most young QBs do, he's certainly capable of chaning the way the game is played.

-Each one of those teams has dramatically superior supporting casts on offense, defense AND special teams...

-And Im ****ing FINE with Manning (dont think hes coming here, but fine with it).

My problem is were still not doing jack or dick to improve a talent bereft football that, quite frankly, sucks dick at nearly every roster spot.

-I would say developing a complete roster with depth and talent and developing your own football players is what it takes to achieve greatness in this league.

Not 36 year olds with neck issues and a **** roster of retreads that wouldnt start elsewhere.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 10-01-2013 at 10:24 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #91
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Old 10-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #92
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
So far, the playoff experience with Tebow vs the experience with Manning is 1000x better.
*Jumps off building*
Old 10-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #93
bombay
Ring of Famer

It was obvious he would connect with Elway.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #94
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:

hahhahahahaha
Wait, you don't consider an "eat some **** thread" a call out? ummm...ok

BTW, I have no issue with being called out; if I did, I wouldn't post on this, or any, forum. I also don't imagine for a minute that I'm right all the time.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #95
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Quote:
Wait, you don't consider an "eat some **** thread" a call out? ummm...ok

BTW, I have no issue with being called out; if I did, I wouldn't post on this, or any, forum. I also don't imagine for a minute that I'm right all the time.
semantics.. you say call out, I say eat sh*t, whatever gets you thru the day

I had no problem with your posts I was just replying to the "get over yourself" part..

couldn't figure that out

btw is that even possible?

Last edited by i4jelway7; 10-01-2013 at 10:47 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #96
bombay
Ring of Famer

If Elway wasn't jealous and Allen wasn't deliberately sabotaging him, tebow would have been a hall of famer.

I guess the tebowners will have to watch his current team/
Old 10-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #97
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
semantics.. you say call out, I say eat sh**t, whatever gets you thru the day
Wow, I can't think of where to begin here. I think I'll just let your post speak for itself.

Hint: That isn't semantics.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #98
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I didn't realize you were such a Teboner and you said a bunch of irrational nonsense about signing Manning. I got a chuckle out of these.
I STILL love Tebow. I'm just sick of arguing about it.

And all of that was true when it was posted. We've made enormous strides to our supporting cast since, most notably with Jack Del Rio... we weren't so hot with that **** bag Dennis Allen calling the shots.

Arizona had a better defense, Fitzgerald to throw to, weather, and Peyton straight up Whisenhunt that he wanted to play there when he got off the plane.

Tennessee had Chris Johnson (pre falling flat on his face), a defense similar to ours, an owner offering Peyton an ownership stake, and a shot at the Colts 2x a year.

Pretty obvious what San Fran was bringing to the table.

So, okay, bump that one where I reiterate I was fine with signing Manning because he's Manning. I have a hundred other posts calling him the GOAT before he was a Bronco and when we were courting him.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #99
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Quote:
Wow, I can't think of where to begin here. I think I'll just let your post speak for itself.

Hint: That isn't semantics.
I'm no Einstein but

Semantics- the meanings of words and phrases in a particular context
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/semantics

Not sure how this doesn't apply, guess I'm just stupid.. maybe I have a comprehension problem.. but whatever man!!! Thread title changed just for you

Last edited by i4jelway7; 10-01-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #100
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Love this thread!

Was really hard to not want PFM when you already knew that Teebs was a POS QB who be out of the league in 5 years. Someone can quote me on that cause I posted it several times.
Closed Thread