The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > The Horses Butt
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 05:06 AM   #1
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

Thread Killer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Call out thread- remember when you said this:

I love to go back & read old threads to refresh my memory on what some OM ppl thought of the potential for a Manning signing... Remember when you said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
Not gonna happen, wouldnt want it to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I'll bet anyone a year long OM ban that Peyton does not end up in Denver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
There is no way that Manning is going to be signed to a reasonable contract conductive with the enormous risk connected to his neck injury and his age. There is going to be some desperate team that loses out on the RGIII sweepstakes and throws a ton of money at him. Denver's not going to be that team. Bring in an inexpensive veteran QB or two and maybe draft a late round project. Let Tebow go into camp and start in 2012. If he sucks, you draft his replacement in 2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
38 year-old broke neck QB. Pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
I don't see Peyton wanting to play for Fox and McCoy. If the Broncos wanted Peyton they should have went after Jim Caldwell for OC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonFletcher73 View Post
I don't think Peyton respects John Elway enough to get killed behind our offensive line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'm not down with forking over $20 million, killing off most of our FA options and building around an offense that we'd have to abandon in 2 years just for a spot in the playoffs. We already had that.
And I don't see Manning being the answer to overcoming the Patriots, at least not for the Broncos, so I don't like our chances of taking it any further.
Quote:
Can't believe we have people here who actually believe this is possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
I'm for it if Tebow hangs around.
Seeing as that won't happen I'm off the train. Bringing in a 36 year old with SERIOUS health issues and dumping your possible future is one of the dumbest things I could think off. What happens when Manning goes down week 1...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
This move is a complete failure unless they win the Superbowl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
If Manning were worth a damn the Colts would have kept him. They're committed to rebuilding without him. We should be too.
Quote:
It is a short term fix that financially straps the club when it comes to addressing the multiple areas of need we have. If we were one player away from being a sb team I would think differently but we're not and Manning is old and brittle. Franklin might just get him killed blocking the way he did last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
can't believe we have clowns on here that think signing Manning would be a good thing for a team that only recently accepted the fact that they needed to rebuild via the draft to fill positional holes all over the roster and to add much needed depth.
Quote:
we're not talking about 30 year old Manning in his prime without injury.
we're talking about 36 year old Manning, who wants a ton of money, who missed all of last season, had multiple neck surgeries, and still can't even throw the ball with any velocity.
if we were talking about the 30 year version, i wouldn't say a word. but we're not. we're talking about the 36 year old version that is damaged goods. that's why i'm trying to convince you it's a bad idea. since you can't be convinced, i will stop. if Elway figures out a way to do this, it will come at a very high cost and will not end well. mark my words. i'll pull up this thread in 3 or 4 year's time and rub your nose in it, just like i would a puppy who pooped on the living room carpet.
Quote:
according to Dave Logan, rumors are that Manning and his agent are looking for a 3-year deal, $45M of GUARANTEED money, with NO injury clause.
does anyone believe for a moment that Bowlen could or would do that deal? seriously? anybody??
Quote:
Elway really doesn't have much tact or guile, does he? it's been one misstep after another from him since he got the job. maybe Bowlen ought to look up Tommy Maddox and see if he'd be interested in being groomed for a FO job...
Quote:
That neck is going to be a $20 million gamble for somebody. I rather it not be us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
I laugh at the people thinking Manning is in the bag. You guys know lick about contenders/pretenders. The only way he comes here is if we outbid the rest teams...by a lot. Say what you want about MIA...they maybe one of the most dysfunctional FO in the league...but there team is a QB and a WR away from contending.
Through all the talk...it now looks like WAS is not a strong option as previously thought. SEA and ARI look like another strong option. Depending on the amount of money we throw at him I would say we would be his 4 or 5th option.
Quote:
Maybe, maybe not.
Either way, John doesn't have the bank to write $20 million checks. I'm not even sure Bowlen does. And to do so with no performance metrics or even a proper workout?
I can only hope our FO isn't that dumb. They do know Peyton just signed a fat new guaranteed-money contract right before bailing on last season... don't they?
Burn me once...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
You got it wrong dude.. IF Elway pulls the trigger on manning I will laugh my ass off for years. He will become the Michael Jordan of NFL executives..
Manning won't last a week behind the Broncos line. The run game and defense will disappear without Tebow and you will see this team for what it really is.
Tebow will go to another team with a real coach and will show how great he really use and how horribly under utilized he was in Denver...
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
True, I would be surprised to see Manning sign with the Broncos unless it was just for the money. They are not a Super Bowl team even if had a healthy Manning of 4 years ago much less now. They would also have to trade Tebow since that move would signal no confidence in him and maybe have to anyway if just trying to pursue Manning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I'll go ahead and call this one for everybody -- the Broncos don't end up with Manning, and we end concluding in hindsight that this whole thing was botched from a PR standpoint.

Last edited by i4jelway7; 10-01-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Dude, it's not like I didn't want him. I just didn't think it was likely. So I was wrong. Going to guess it wasn't the first time I was wrong and probably won't be the last.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I was CERTAIN he was going to Arizona or Tennessee.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #4
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

Thread Killer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I thought he was & would be coming to Denver, but then the night before we signed him Shannon Sharpe tweeted that he heard the deal was done with Tennessee & I was heartbroken, then he signed w/ the Broncos

Last edited by i4jelway7; 10-01-2013 at 06:25 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #5
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Nice work on digging out that many posts!

Miss I's post is pretty harmless, but the ones I LOVE are when people got all uppity thinking Manning was a greedy schmuck, looking for a massive payday!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #6
schaaf
Aint nothin but a G Thang

Abe's giving em the biznez

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I had a feeling the entire time he was gonna end up in Denver. I thought he would appreciate the more stable organization. But if. Would have laid money down at first it would have been Arizona.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #7
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I certainly thought at the time that it was too big a risk to sign Manning and (oh god feels dirty now) I was totally onboard with the Tebow train after that Pitt game. Even after signing Manning, I thought it would be good for Teebs to learn under the Elway/Manning operation. oh well.

Also, it seemed TEN had the inside track towards the end.

Being wrong never felt so good.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #8
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

The KO5k and BroncoBeavis guys werent actually Bronco fans, just Tebow cult members who pretended to be
Old 10-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #9
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Great thread!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #10
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Oh the joys of being a fan and nothing more of a team. As if the call outs and I told you so's make you any smarter with the ongoings of the NFL and it's players.

This is about as bad as the "I told you coverage sacks would increase" thread.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #11
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I didn't think he'd come here. I thought he'd want to play somewhere indoors or warmer.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #12
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

I didn't think we could land him. Oh the horror of me thinking that. I must not be a true fan. The shame............the shame.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #13
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

Thread Killer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Oh the joys of being a fan and nothing more of a team. As if the call outs and I told you so's make you any smarter with the ongoings of the NFL and it's players.

This is about as bad as the "I told you coverage sacks would increase" thread.

well I've posted some dumb stuff myself... like not wanting to draft Von Miller... (well maybe that wasn't so dumb now considering his status in the drug program)

btw who is this Gort dude? and did Dedhed get his 1 year ban?

Last edited by i4jelway7; 10-01-2013 at 07:29 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #14
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Last year..playoff loss is one of the horrible loses in broncos history.
so..what's the point of bumping this thread now.
As far as i am concerned, i will remember the playoff loss whenever i remember manning.

I just hope the team plays well and win SB 48 for the fans.
At that time..it's reasonable to bump these type of threads.
Until that time, it looks silly.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #15
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

Thread Killer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Last year..playoff loss is one of the horrible loses in broncos history.
so..what's the point of bumping this thread now.
As far as i am concerned, i will remember the playoff loss whenever i remember manning.
this is a new thread not a bumped one... Silly thread? maybe (aren't they all?) that is your opinion that I don't agree with & quite frankly the historic run & the way Manning is playing... it is worthy of some reflection

Last edited by i4jelway7; 10-01-2013 at 07:19 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #16
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I was CERTAIN he was going to Arizona or Tennessee.
Honestly I thought he was going to SF for sure. In my mind there was no way he was coming to Denver, but when I heard I was like holy **** - we've got Peyton Fing Manning as our QB.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #17
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
well the purpose was not to "call out" anyone.
But that is exactly what you're doing whether you intended to or not.

Quote:
I've posted some dumb stuff myself... like not wanting to draft Von Miller... (well maybe that wasn't so dumb now considering his status in the drug program)

Hey I didn't think we could get Manning, and in the very beginning, I really didn't want Denver to go after him. I wanted Tebow to get a full year to prove himself. There was no guarantee that we could even get Manning nor was there one were he would be 100% after everything. Was I glad when we did get Manning? Well yes. Am I glad now? Double hell yeah. Does all of that make me a stupid fan because I didn't say I wanted Manning from the very beginning? Well no. It just makes me a fan.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #18
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I was hoping this would be some if cutthemdown's post from preseason about how awful a team we were going to be this year.

Has he posted since opening week?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #19
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

Who cares about whether someone thought we could land him or not or whether he could perform once here. Once we got him my take was and still is that the pressure is on to win a SB. Last time I checked, last year was a pretty miserable failure in that regard. Now, I wasn't expecting a SB victory the first year but once you end up with the number #1 seed you better make a deep run. My complaint with Manning has always been his playoff record.

The jury is still out. This season has been great and all so far but really, these gaudy stats are meaningless unless it leads to a SB win. So far, the playoff experience with Tebow vs the experience with Manning is 1000x better.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #20
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

Thread Killer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
But that is exactly what you're doing whether you intended to or not.
wrong all I did was re-post comments that have already been posted, not once did I comment on their comments and really IMO if you didn't want Manning you deserve to be called out, so if the shoe fits..

Last edited by i4jelway7; 10-01-2013 at 08:05 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #21
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Old 10-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #22
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I was too busy banning innocent people to say anything stupid.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #23
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
guess you are right about that, so I will say IMO if you didn't want Manning you deserve to be called out, so if the shoe fits..
I'm sorry, have we won anything with Manning yet?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #24
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

Thread Killer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post
I'm sorry, have we won anything with Manning yet?
chk the last 14 regular season games... I know what your gonna say we haven't won a playoff game with him... true but you don't get to the playoffs w/o regular season wins & guess what 31 teams don't win the super bowl every year

Last edited by i4jelway7; 10-01-2013 at 07:34 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #25
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
chk the last 14 regular season games...
Don't mean jack ****. You must be like 12 years old.
Closed Thread