The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > The Horses Butt
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2013, 05:06 AM   #1
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Default Call out thread- remember when you said this:

I love to go back & read old threads to refresh my memory on what some OM ppl thought of the potential for a Manning signing... Remember when you said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
Not gonna happen, wouldnt want it to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I'll bet anyone a year long OM ban that Peyton does not end up in Denver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
There is no way that Manning is going to be signed to a reasonable contract conductive with the enormous risk connected to his neck injury and his age. There is going to be some desperate team that loses out on the RGIII sweepstakes and throws a ton of money at him. Denver's not going to be that team. Bring in an inexpensive veteran QB or two and maybe draft a late round project. Let Tebow go into camp and start in 2012. If he sucks, you draft his replacement in 2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
38 year-old broke neck QB. Pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
I don't see Peyton wanting to play for Fox and McCoy. If the Broncos wanted Peyton they should have went after Jim Caldwell for OC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonFletcher73 View Post
I don't think Peyton respects John Elway enough to get killed behind our offensive line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'm not down with forking over $20 million, killing off most of our FA options and building around an offense that we'd have to abandon in 2 years just for a spot in the playoffs. We already had that.
And I don't see Manning being the answer to overcoming the Patriots, at least not for the Broncos, so I don't like our chances of taking it any further.
Quote:
Can't believe we have people here who actually believe this is possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
I'm for it if Tebow hangs around.
Seeing as that won't happen I'm off the train. Bringing in a 36 year old with SERIOUS health issues and dumping your possible future is one of the dumbest things I could think off. What happens when Manning goes down week 1...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
This move is a complete failure unless they win the Superbowl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
If Manning were worth a damn the Colts would have kept him. They're committed to rebuilding without him. We should be too.
Quote:
It is a short term fix that financially straps the club when it comes to addressing the multiple areas of need we have. If we were one player away from being a sb team I would think differently but we're not and Manning is old and brittle. Franklin might just get him killed blocking the way he did last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
can't believe we have clowns on here that think signing Manning would be a good thing for a team that only recently accepted the fact that they needed to rebuild via the draft to fill positional holes all over the roster and to add much needed depth.
Quote:
we're not talking about 30 year old Manning in his prime without injury.
we're talking about 36 year old Manning, who wants a ton of money, who missed all of last season, had multiple neck surgeries, and still can't even throw the ball with any velocity.
if we were talking about the 30 year version, i wouldn't say a word. but we're not. we're talking about the 36 year old version that is damaged goods. that's why i'm trying to convince you it's a bad idea. since you can't be convinced, i will stop. if Elway figures out a way to do this, it will come at a very high cost and will not end well. mark my words. i'll pull up this thread in 3 or 4 year's time and rub your nose in it, just like i would a puppy who pooped on the living room carpet.
Quote:
according to Dave Logan, rumors are that Manning and his agent are looking for a 3-year deal, $45M of GUARANTEED money, with NO injury clause.
does anyone believe for a moment that Bowlen could or would do that deal? seriously? anybody??
Quote:
Elway really doesn't have much tact or guile, does he? it's been one misstep after another from him since he got the job. maybe Bowlen ought to look up Tommy Maddox and see if he'd be interested in being groomed for a FO job...
Quote:
That neck is going to be a $20 million gamble for somebody. I rather it not be us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
I laugh at the people thinking Manning is in the bag. You guys know lick about contenders/pretenders. The only way he comes here is if we outbid the rest teams...by a lot. Say what you want about MIA...they maybe one of the most dysfunctional FO in the league...but there team is a QB and a WR away from contending.
Through all the talk...it now looks like WAS is not a strong option as previously thought. SEA and ARI look like another strong option. Depending on the amount of money we throw at him I would say we would be his 4 or 5th option.
Quote:
Maybe, maybe not.
Either way, John doesn't have the bank to write $20 million checks. I'm not even sure Bowlen does. And to do so with no performance metrics or even a proper workout?
I can only hope our FO isn't that dumb. They do know Peyton just signed a fat new guaranteed-money contract right before bailing on last season... don't they?
Burn me once...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
You got it wrong dude.. IF Elway pulls the trigger on manning I will laugh my ass off for years. He will become the Michael Jordan of NFL executives..
Manning won't last a week behind the Broncos line. The run game and defense will disappear without Tebow and you will see this team for what it really is.
Tebow will go to another team with a real coach and will show how great he really use and how horribly under utilized he was in Denver...
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
True, I would be surprised to see Manning sign with the Broncos unless it was just for the money. They are not a Super Bowl team even if had a healthy Manning of 4 years ago much less now. They would also have to trade Tebow since that move would signal no confidence in him and maybe have to anyway if just trying to pursue Manning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I'll go ahead and call this one for everybody -- the Broncos don't end up with Manning, and we end concluding in hindsight that this whole thing was botched from a PR standpoint.

Last edited by i4jelway7; 10-01-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Sponsored Links