The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #26
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Pew is the only poll out there within margin of error.

Now we'll get to hear all about how the polls are wrong, as if the punch in the face last November wasn't enough.

Keep it coming, TJ
THe only poll I care about is the one in 2014.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #27
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
THe only poll I care about is the one in 2014.
Ah, yes. That saying was quite popular prior to Election Day too.

Then why bring it up?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #28
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
So there's a new strategy making the rounds - we'll see soon how real it is. But basically it's this: rather than yielding to Reid and Obama's desire to shut down the government over a delay, the Republicans in the House may start to pass individual budget measures for essential things, and leave things that aren't deemed essential to just simply go without funding - perhaps even permanently.

In the process, Obamacare simply doesn't get funded, and the Republicans start efforts to advance their own plan which has been in development over the last several months.

Apparently the establishment Republicans like Peter King are howling over this, but Boehner is faced with either doing this, sitting on the bill he just proposed, or hitting the nuclear button and moving against the base and siding with the Democrats.
You're kidding right?

ACA was essentially cobbled together in 2009 with help and direction on both sides of the aisle. It was enacted in March, 2010... there have been 3 years to get it together on this. Apparently that was not enough of a delay... Many on the right have been screaming from day 1 about "death panels" and telling young people to not get health insurance. Its silly.

It is the law and there aren't enough votes to overturn it. Putting the blame on the party that wants the law that is already in effect to continue is bizarre to me. Claiming the ACA is crap isn't bizarre. But this is not the way to play the game and most people know that. Polls reflect this, Republicans know this. This is stupid. It is essentially the same as quitting in the middle of a basketball game and walking home with the ball.

Everyone should take their lumps now accept what is, allow the game/government to go on, then come up with a better plan to try and replace the ACA. Garner the votes. Establish a better plan. Put it on the table.

Everyone sucks. Everyone loses.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #29
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post

Everyone sucks. Everyone loses.
The American people win if they aren't forced to purchase insurance from Obama and Reid.

To all my fellow patriots: HOLD THE LINE!!
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #30
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

The b**** is Back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

(BREAKING NEWS: House Republicans decided they would not attempt to pass any more bills late Monday to fund the government, setting in motion the first shutdown of federal agencies since 1996, according to two senior GOP advisers. The shutdown will begin early Tuesday. This story will be updated.)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...523_story.html
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #31
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
The American people win if they aren't forced to purchase insurance from Obama and Reid.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #32
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
ACA was essentially cobbled together in 2009 with help and direction on both sides of the aisle.
Just to be clear - not a single Republican voted for it on either side of the aisle - which is why we are where we are today. If Republicans had been invested into this bill, then it wouldn't even be an issue. This is what happens when you use any means necessary to get legislation passed - you get any means necessary politics to counter it.

This is just a matter of political physics.

And for the record, at this point, I don't think the Republicans are going to release funding on it. I think that if this thing gets funded it will happen after the 2014 election. I think they'll peicemeal the funding grants, and everything will become a debate - the way it should be.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #33
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:

You do that, Braveheart. You stop sick people from buying private health insurance.
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #34
pricejj
jungle

Let it be stated, that all we wish for is liberty.

And this, you shall not take.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #35
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Let it be stated, that all we wish for is liberty.

And this, you shall not take.
What's your opinion on seatbelt laws?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #36
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheelz View Post
You do that, Braveheart. You stop sick people from buying private health insurance.
Sick people can begin to purchase subsidized private insurance tomorrow morning, regardless of whether you force certain American's to purchase insurance or not.

Is this something you deny?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #37
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Sick people can begin to purchase subsidized private insurance tomorrow morning, regardless of whether you force certain American's to purchase insurance or not.

Is this something you deny?
Nope, you want to defund the ACA. I know they can buy insurance regardless of a shutdown.

To think that the individual mandate is a serious deprivation of your liberties when you could just ignore it and pay the fine is just silly. Seriously, you're being silly.

Want to repeal the law? Win the election.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #38
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:

You're absolutely right. If I don't want to wear a seatbelt, I shouldn't have to, and if I don't I have to pay a fine.

SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT UNTIL WE CAN REPEAL THEM!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #39
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

For over ten years I listened to Right Wingers extolling the virtues of mandates. Finally, THEIR Heritage Foundation health care program gets passed and what do they do? Try to shut down the government to stop the mandates. Why? Because a bunch of libertarian radicals and tea baggers now jerk the chains that control their party. The only thing that makes sense is all the reporters tweeting that the smell of alcohol in the building is rampant. That explains much of what is happening. A radical minority can bring down our government without firing a shot and the majority can do nothing about it. That's some "libertarianism" for you: "Don't like our ideas? Tough ****. We're going to shove them down your throat whether you like it or not... in the name of liberty."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #40
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Nope, you want to defund the ACA. I know they can buy insurance regardless of a shutdown.

To think that the individual mandate is a serious deprivation of your liberties when you could just ignore it and pay the fine is just silly. Seriously, you're being silly.

Want to repeal the law? Win the election.
The Revolutionary War was started over a MUCH smaller fine. Would you call those brave men and women...silly?

We did win the election, and that's why we control the House.

You can pay your fine, I politely refuse.

Do you think your law eliminates death? Indeed, it does not. In fact, the only thing it succeeds in doing is attempting to destroy liberty. And this, you shall not take.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #41
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The Revolutionary War was started over a MUCH smaller fine. Would you call those brave men and women...silly?

Do you think your law eliminates death? Indeed, it does not. In fact, the only thing it succeeds in doing is attempting to destroy liberty. And this, you shall not take.
Bend over and get ready, buddy. You're going to lose, and it's going to be Jared Crick all over again up in here.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #42
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
There is no Democrat mandate to purchase bronze-plated seatbelts.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #43
houghtam
Ring of Famer

So Price, buddy...

Are you seriously saying that when...not IF, but when the individual mandate goes into effect, you're not going to purchase insurance and not going to pay the tax required by law?

Or do you already have insurance and you're just a big puss blowing a lot of smoke?

Old 09-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #44
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Bend over and get ready, buddy.

What you do in your life does not affect me in any way, and it never will.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #45
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:

You don't have the senate or white house, that's 2/3rds that you didn't win.

Did you seriously compare this to the revolutionary war? With a straight face? Like, the war that established our independence? No taxation without representation? Quartering soldiers in homes? That war?

Prevent death? What in the holy spaghetti monster are you talking about? Do you think seatbelt laws destroy liberty? If you're in a car accident and rack up a 100k hospital bill you can't pay and don't have insurance who do you think ends up footing the bill? Taxpayers. That's why there's a fine. Your decision affects more than just yourself. Stop being silly and stop using hyperbole.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #46
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
You do that, Braveheart. You stop forcing healthy young people to buy private health insurance they don't want or need.
FYP
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #47
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
You don't have the senate or white house, that's 2/3rds that you didn't win.
We won the 1/3 that controls spending. Congratulations, you won the 2/3 that hasn't done anything lately.

Quote:
Did you seriously compare this to the revolutionary war? With a straight face? Like, the war that established our independence? No taxation without representation? Quartering soldiers in homes? That war?
You called me silly, and you called your tax insignificant. I told you that the Revolutionary War was started over a smaller tax. What you do with that information is up to you.

Quote:
Prevent death? What in the holy spaghetti monster are you talking about? Do you think seatbelt laws destroy liberty?
Once again, there is not an individual mandate for me to purchase a bronze-plated seat belt. If you want to pass one, go ahead.

You truly think your law saves money? In fact, that has been disproven.

Quote:
If you're in a car accident and rack up a 100k hospital bill you can't pay and don't have insurance who do you think ends up footing the bill? Taxpayers. That's why there's a fine. Your decision affects more than just yourself. Stop being silly and stop using hyperbole.
I have close to $100k in assets, that I can liquify if necessary. Don't worry, you won't be paying for me for anything. However, I reserve the right to purchase health insurance if I so choose. In fact, I could purchase catastrophic accident insurance for 9 cents per paycheck if I want, many employers offer similar plans.

Last edited by pricejj; 09-30-2013 at 09:08 PM..
Old 09-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #48
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

The b**** is Back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

well it's done now. Federal Government is closed for business.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #49
pricejj
jungle

I've been paying for Medicare to the US Government my entire adult life. If I ever require a $100k hospital life in my life (which is highly unlikely). I already have Medicare insurance in case I get a disability and cannot work.

I've also been paying for Medicaid my entire adult life to the State of Colorado. Surely, my Medicaid insurance would cover me in case I am disabled and cannot work.

Yes, I have been paying my taxes for insurance already. Everybody who has a job has to pay them.

Now you want to me to purchase a 3rd form of insurance, and pay more taxes for your massively overpriced healthcare? I don't think so.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #50
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Suck up? We're trying to displace it and turn it into a party that can house libertarians. It's working great so far.
So sad you're so naive. You're being used worse than a two-bit whore.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote