The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD
Default Old OM soul - new name...

Haven't been here for a while.

Stopped posting shortly after the passing of one of our favorite late night drinkers.

But every new season breeds new bravado and bets and hope.

KC and Den both 3-0.

Honestly, this is how things should be. When we both had our times in our prime this is the type of season that just naturally evolved.

Sure, we both hate the Raiders but only in the way we hate the 22 year old kid with a "please give" sign that refuses to work. It's sad, wrong, and you feel sick by it but you also just walk by and not really give a $#it.

They're the Raiders. There's a reason they are what they are.

Us?

We're different. Better.

When we suck WE STILL CARE.

We still hate. I know, deep down, the greatest fear in the hearts of Denver fans is a team with a great defense and a home crowd that actually gives a $3it to be loud enough to drown out the helmet calls.

We also fear the seasoned QB able to strike at any point on the field and manage a drive at the end of the game to eat all clock and put in 7.

It may just be the Chiefs homer in me but our defense is back. Our crowd is back.

Your HOF QB is back with a lethal TE and very average running game.

It just seems DESTINED TO BE a playoff game...
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

It'll be hard for KC to play us in a playoff game when Baltimore/Miami and Indy make the wildcard...
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
It'll be hard for KC to play us in a playoff game when Baltimore/Miami and Indy make the wildcard...
Balt won't be there...
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
Regardless of the hate for KC there is no way I don't see them winning 10 games min. KC's schedule is even softer than Denvers.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Welcome Rausch! I encourage everyone to treat Rausch with respect. He's not a blathering idiot like the Chief trolls on here and he means well.

Honestly the schedule is pretty easy for the Chiefs. Reid has stopped the team from beating themselves, which honestly will get any NFL team to .500 regardless of talent. I am excited to see if you guys can turn on that late December magic. There were always some bitterly cold and difficult games in December. There was a period that Arrowhead was the most difficult place to play in the NFL in December.

Unfortunately while Alex Smith won't lose you any games, I don't think he can bring it when the chips are down. You'll need Charles and your defense to do that.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Chiefs fans are funny.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post
Haven't been here for a while.

Stopped posting shortly after the passing of one of our favorite late night drinkers.

But every new season breeds new bravado and bets and hope.

KC and Den both 3-0.

Honestly, this is how things should be. When we both had our times in our prime this is the type of season that just naturally evolved.

Sure, we both hate the Raiders but only in the way we hate the 22 year old kid with a "please give" sign that refuses to work. It's sad, wrong, and you feel sick by it but you also just walk by and not really give a $#it.

They're the Raiders. There's a reason they are what they are.

Us?

We're different. Better.

When we suck WE STILL CARE.

We still hate. I know, deep down, the greatest fear in the hearts of Denver fans is a team with a great defense and a home crowd that actually gives a $3it to be loud enough to drown out the helmet calls.

We also fear the seasoned QB able to strike at any point on the field and manage a drive at the end of the game to eat all clock and put in 7.

It may just be the Chiefs homer in me but our defense is back. Our crowd is back.

Your HOF QB is back with a lethal TE and very average running game.

It just seems DESTINED TO BE a playoff game...
Until the 1st blow out at home when there is a mad rush of Camero's heading for the exits before the end of the 3rd quarter.

If you guys make it to the Divisional game then maybe we will have an easy walk to the AFC Championship game. After all the team with the best record gets to play the team with the worst schedule. That is if you continue to dink and dunk it to another 6 wins.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Welcome Rausch! I encourage everyone to treat Rausch with respect. He's not a blathering idiot like the Chief trolls on here and he means well.

Honestly the schedule is pretty easy for the Chiefs. Reid has stopped the team from beating themselves, which honestly will get any NFL team to .500 regardless of talent. I am excited to see if you guys can turn on that late December magic. There were always some bitterly cold and difficult games in December. There was a period that Arrowhead was the most difficult place to play in the NFL in December.

Unfortunately while Alex Smith won't lose you any games, I don't think he can bring it when the chips are down. You'll need Charles and your defense to do that.

IMO, Charles and the D is not enough to carry Alex Smith. Didn't work in SF and wont work in KC. KC will be run of the mill until they get a better QB . Making the playoffs one year and then going several years before making it again
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #9
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:

I know, deep down, the greatest fear in the hearts of Denver fans is a team with a great defense and a home crowd that actually gives a $3it to be loud enough to drown out the helmet calls.

Absolutely correct, but we don't play Seattle until the Super Bowl and it will be on a neutral field.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Chiefs fans are funny.
Apparently, they are also very creative. Adding 2.0 to the same name, I'm sure, took a lot of thought...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I find it hard to believe Chief fans cared. Narrowhead looked awfully empty the last few years.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #12
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

We still hate. I know, deep down, the greatest fear in the hearts of Denver fans is a team with a great defense and a home crowd that actually gives a $3it to be loud enough to drown out the helmet calls...
Has Peyton played in an away stadium that was loud before?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #13
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Has Peyton played in an away stadium that was loud before?
Yes a playoff game where he beat the chiefs I think Kc was a top 2 seed
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #14
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Well, what kind of idiot is he, anyway?

Just kidding! Rausch is a good guy from the old days.
broncogary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #15
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Congratulations on beating the Giants, Rausch.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote