The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default Facebook

Wow, whatís going on with Facebook? I bought lightly on the opening IPO and lost my shorts but when it dropped to 18 dollars I bought a crap-load and it's now over 50. I had requested an auto-sell at 50 but pulled it last week. Iím not sure how much longer to ride this out?

Also thinking about jumping hard on Twitter but will probably stay away from the IPO. I donít see how Twitter will generate income but Facebook didnít make sense either ÖÖÖ. Go figure, itís a strange world we live in.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

I don't do ********* !
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
I don't do ********* !

When did 'facts' get censored?
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Wow, whatís going on with Facebook? I bought lightly on the opening IPO and lost my shorts but when it dropped to 18 dollars I bought a crap-load and it's now over 50. I had requested an auto-sell at 50 but pulled it last week. Iím not sure how much longer to ride this out?

Also thinking about jumping hard on Twitter but will probably stay away from the IPO. I donít see how Twitter will generate income but Facebook didnít make sense either ÖÖÖ. Go figure, itís a strange world we live in.
Let me ask you this. How many investments in life have you said "woulda coulda shoulda".

Shoulda sold before the clinton .com bubble burst, shoulda sold that rental before the real estate bubble popped in 2008

Shoulda bought gold when it was $300 on ounce etc etc...

Go with your gut pony but I'm big fan of not trying to time the highs and lows and locking in some profits never hurts! Even if FB goes up after you take profits you can buy back in on a dip, move those funds to diversify into something else etc etc

Oh as far as FB itself. It's revolutionizing the way people communicate. It's potential is limitless....

I'm working on a similar idea and relating it to real estate. The traditional methods to buy and sell real estate are stressful and inefficient. Look for my IPO in a couple years.

Last edited by Meck77; 09-27-2013 at 10:45 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Let me ask you this. How many investments in life have you said "woulda coulda shoulda".

Shoulda sold before the clinton .com bubble burst, shoulda sold that rental before the real estate bubble popped in 2008

Go with your gut pony but I'm big fan of not trying to time the highs and lows and locking in some profits never hurts! Even if FB goes up after you take profits you can buy back in on a dip, move those funds to diversify into something else etc etc

Oh as far as FB itself. It's revolutionizing the way people communicate. It's potential is limitless....
I'm working on a similar idea and relating it to real estate. The traditional methods to buy and sell real estate are stressful and inefficient. Look for my IPO in a couple years.
That's why I'm fascinated with Twitter, it is also revolutionizing the way people communicate instantaneously. On the other side I don't see how Twitter will generate income unless they merge with another technology that produces income.

I should be able to get in on the IPO but I will be limited. I don't think it will come in over valued like Facebook. Twitter will probably be another one of those "woulda coulda shoulda" stocks.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post

When did 'facts' get censored?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Twitter closed at $44.90 a share, 73% above its I.P.O. price of $26. Another "woulda coulda shoulda" for me.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Twitter closed at $44.90 a share, 73% above its I.P.O. price of $26. Another "woulda coulda shoulda" for me.
A lot of new multi-millionaires over night.

I still think it might drop under 40 in a couple of weeks and if it does I will go in large.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Nah, only the underwriters and company insiders could actually get it on that. The real open price (i.e. when you or I could have bought it) was $45
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:

unless you are looking to kill real estate agents.. Don't need some useless idiot to drive me around in their Lexus
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I love how ho matter the topic, meck77 is just around the corner with an IPO related to that topic.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #12
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
I love how ho matter the topic, meck77 is just around the corner with an IPO related to that topic.
Bullet proof and idiot proof, no doubt!

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:43 AM   #13
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Bullet proof and idiot proof, no doubt!

And how surprising your only contribution to the topic is to take shots at posters. But that is the liberal norm around here, but oh, I know, as you guys claim, you just want honest debate and facts. The evidence of that is so clear in all of these threads
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #14
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
And how surprising your only contribution to the topic is to take shots at posters. But that is the liberal norm around here, but oh, I know, as you guys claim, you just want honest debate and facts. The evidence of that is so clear in all of these threads
The conservative posters on this board have long since been bereft of any logic or honesty. They aren't worth much more than one liners.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

My dad always said when you have something better to do with the money, you sell. Or obviously if you sense a fall.....Like if you own tesla stock lol.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It is wierd how Twitter can generate revenue but when you have that many peoples information, what they say, what they do, it's worth a lot in the age of digital information storage.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #17
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
unless you are looking to kill real estate agents.. Don't need some useless idiot to drive me around in their Lexus
Agreed.

Not kill them. Make them efficient to where they are actually writing contracts, negotiating, and closing the deal. In other words getting paid for the services they actually perform thus savy everybody money and saving the agents time. It's a win win.

The days of having to drive someone around are just about over. Most people find their own homes anyway yet still pay 3% to the agent. Pointless.

We're changing the way buyers AND sellers find one another. Agents will still be needed to put the pieces together unless both parties are experienced with buying/selling. Unlikely.

Trying to figure out how to fix the "idiot lenders" but there have been over 200 pieces of legislation from our Idiot government to regulate them the last few years so most have no clue what they are doing. Just joking with the idiot lender crack. There are some good ones left in the industry.

Last edited by Meck77; 11-08-2013 at 06:59 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #18
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
The days of having to drive someone around are just about over.
I think first time buyer still falls for this and think the agent is their friend and is looking out for their best interest. The second time buyer realizes the agent works for the seller and will do what ever it takes to unload the listed property.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #19
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Interesting. It seems to me it would be difficult to make RE tranactions efficient given there are so many moving parts in the equation- I am certainly intrigued.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #20
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post

My question: How does Twitter make money? Marketing?
Old 11-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #21
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
My question: How does Twitter make money? Marketing?
A few days before the IPO.

Twitter IPO More Expensive Than Facebook Without Profits

ďA tech IPO like Twitter with no profit is an emotional event, not a fundamental event.
You either believe or you donít,Ē said Max Wolff, chief economist and strategist at ZT Wealth.
ďAbove $26, I think this thing starts to look a little dicey.Ē

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...t-profits.html
Old 11-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
A few days before the IPO.

Twitter IPO More Expensive Than Facebook Without Profits

ďA tech IPO like Twitter with no profit is an emotional event, not a fundamental event.
You either believe or you donít,Ē said Max Wolff, chief economist and strategist at ZT Wealth.
ďAbove $26, I think this thing starts to look a little dicey.Ē

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...t-profits.html
they've also been running for a while, how much debt do they have.

I know very little about Stocks, but this feels like 1998 when people were throwing money at comapines that were hot, but had tons of debt and no money coming in...
Old 11-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #23
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

This says it all...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Mail Attachment.jpeg (38.7 KB, 87 views)
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #24
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
they've also been running for a while, how much debt do they have.

I know very little about Stocks, but this feels like 1998 when people were throwing money at comapines that were hot, but had tons of debt and no money coming in...
It has all the hallmarks of a 'bubble' stock, or it could be another Amazon.

I don't know enough about Twitter's earnings & profit potential to consider 'investing'......using the term loosely....so I'll stay clear.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #25
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It has all the hallmarks of a 'bubble' stock, or it could be another Amazon.

I don't know enough about Twitter's earnings & profit potential to consider 'investing'......using the term loosely....so I'll stay clear.
Putting money in companies like facebook, twitter, etc. is not an investment. It's gambling.