The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #101
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I remember last year Aldon making a statement to the Bay Area fans. Said something about changing his ways letting down his teammates and maturing. Didnt happen. Those fans have the right to write him off.

I'd have more respect for Von had he not told the fans and teammates that he "did nothing wrong". That statement was a reason he deleted his twitter account. Yet weeks later he put it back up(twitter account). I would've liked to see him keep that thing deleted.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #102
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 'Dre View Post
And they party with Charlie Sheen.
give me an 8 ball and some tigers blood. You are not worthy.
Action is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #103
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
True. I don't even think we've really covered that angle much at all. I wonder if any of the guys sorta feel betrayed a little bit about how he lied to them to cover it up. If he even did that. We don't really know what he told them behind closed doors. He could have told them the truth and then as players do they stay tongue tied about it. Then again he could have lied to them. That's a pretty big deal. I would be curious to know if that occurred or not. Not just the players but the coaches. What did he tell his own coaches. He's probably lost the trust of quite a few people there in the FO as well as players.
If I were a teammate of Von's, I'd be bent that he's jeopardized perhaps the only shot I'll ever get at playing in a Super Bowl.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #104
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I remember last year Aldon making a statement to the Bay Area fans. Said something about changing his ways letting down his teammates and maturing. Didnt happen. Those fans have the right to write him off.
The point is, they haven't written him off at all... Go visit the forums and tell me the energy you get. You can also read the media outlets too. Nothing close to the **** DP puts out.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #105
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
The point is, they haven't written him off at all... Go visit the forums and tell me the energy you get. You can also read the media outlets too. Nothing close to the **** DP puts out.
I'm in the Bay Area. On Friday the radio hosts(Niners radio)of 3 shows I listened to wanted him suspended at least 4-6 games. They said no way should he played today's game. They don't think too highly of him out here. Damon Bruce wants him gone. Bruce is about as real as you can get out here.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #106
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I wonder how many other guys successfully bride the collectors. I mean, how much money could those guys possibly make? If you're Von it's worth giving the guy five or ten grand, which would basically be impossible for him to turn down.
Good point. It is said a lot of the law enforcement corruption in Mexico is because officer are paid poorly, and thus vulnerable to being bribed.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #107
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
I'm in the Bay Area. On Friday the radio hosts(Niners radio)of 3 shows I listened to wanted him suspended at least 4-6 games. They said no way should he played today's game. They don't think too highly of him out here. Damon Bruce wants him gone. Bruce is about as real as you can get out here.
I have friends in the Bay Area. Radio hosts across all cities throw the most extreme **** at the wall, that's how they get listeners.

Wanting him suspended 4-6 games is very light comparison to Von based on what he's committed. What Aldon has done literally deserves suspension from the team. If it were up to the team, I highly doubt Von would be suspended...if so, way less than 6 games.

I wouldn't expect anyone too think highly of him, or Von...
Old 09-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #108
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
If I were a teammate of Von's, I'd be bent that he's jeopardized perhaps the only shot I'll ever get at playing in a Super Bowl.
Your team is not super bowl ready if you can't last the 1st 6 games of the season without a defensive player.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #109
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I have friends in the Bay Area. Radio hosts across all cities throw the most extreme **** at the wall, that's how they get listeners.

Wanting him suspended 4-6 games is very light comparison to Von based on what he's committed. What Aldon has done literally deserves suspension from the team. If it were up to the team, I highly doubt Von would be suspended...if so, way less than 6 games.

I wouldn't expect anyone too think highly of him, or Von...
Damon Bruce is pretty real. Radnich and Krueger are pretty good too. Not SF homers even though on giants niners flagship. Interestingly no one out here is talking much about Aldon right now. They are crying about letting alex smith go for Kaep. A lot of "I told you so" call in's by fans right now.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #110
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Your team is not super bowl ready if you can't last the 1st 6 games of the season without a defensive player.
Hey, just ONE loss can be the difference between being a division champion, and a wild card.

That's the difference between a bye week followed by a home game, and NOT having a week off and perhaps playing on the road.

I think it's a bigger deal than you're acknowledging.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #111
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Dude,
You make excuses at every turn.

"Hey Von. We aren't a Super Bowl team this year so no biggie on your game suspension for using drugs and then cheating. We are soooo cool with it."

If Von took a **** and stuck it on a plate in front of you, would that **** stink?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #112
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Dude,
You make excuses at every turn.

"Hey Von. We aren't a Super Bowl team this year so no biggie on your game suspension for using drugs and then cheating. We are soooo cool with it."

If Von took a **** and stuck it on a plate in front of you, would that **** stink?
What? How is that ridiculous quote in any sort of context of my POV?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #113
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Hey, just ONE loss can be the difference between being a division champion, and a wild card.

That's the difference between a bye week followed by a home game, and NOT having a week off and perhaps playing on the road.

I think it's a bigger deal than you're acknowledging.
When was the last time a team won the SB that had a bye week to start the playoffs?

It might be a bigger deal than I'm acknowledging, but it's definitely not as a big of a deal as, we won't win the super bowl without a starter for the first 6 games.

Hence why I said, you aren't super bowl caliber if you can't survive 6 games with a defensive starter.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #114
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Damon Bruce is pretty real. Radnich and Krueger are pretty good too. Not SF homers even though on giants niners flagship. Interestingly no one out here is talking much about Aldon right now. They are crying about letting alex smith go for Kaep. A lot of "I told you so" call in's by fans right now.
I honestly don't listen to the radio, but when I do hear **** and from what I know about the business...they definitely throw extreme **** at the wall for viewers.

Let me know when they do start talking about Aldon though.

That's funny about Alex Smith. Alex Smith is ****ing horrible.

If Alex Smith didn't have good coaching, he's about on the level of Mark Sanchez.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #115
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
What? How is that ridiculous quote in any sort of context of my POV?
Instead of answering about his Super Bowl chance, you should reply something to the order of "While he might hurt Denver's chances on some games while he is suspended, I believe one or two losses won't make a difference to our Super Bowl run."

Your POV to 99% of the people sounds like a typical spokesman for a politician. EXCUSES, EXCUSES and more EXCUSES.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #116
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Von will be there to make up for these games. I do see the Dline is pretty bad at pressuring QBs without Von. They were held in check against a giants horrible Oline.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #117
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Instead of answering about his Super Bowl chance, you should reply something to the order of "While he might hurt Denver's chances on some games while he is suspended, I believe one or two losses won't make a difference to our Super Bowl run."

Your POV to 99% of the people sounds like a typical spokesman for a politician. EXCUSES, EXCUSES and more EXCUSES.
Excuses of what? Do I sound like I'm excusing Von of anything?

It's not about one or two losses... what I said was, teams battle adversity...all teams...whether it's injury or suspension or losing players for whatever reason... and if you can't handle a defensive player missing for 6 games, you're definitely not an elite team.

It has nothing to do with making Von's situation ok.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #118
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
I'm going to go ahead and say Von is lucky to have only gotten 6 games if this was the case. Seriously, Elway and Manning must have called in some favors on that ruling.
Maybe his parents moving in was part of the 'deal'. His Mom can now ground him and he's lost Xbox privileges.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #119
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Broncos will have to tell Miller if you want to keep bring a Bronco we need provisions in your next contract that protect the team from a suspension. Now Aldon Smith in tons of trouble....what is it with these athletes? How do they become such great ones drinking and partying so much? You would figure something like that would keep you from being a stud.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #120
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'd like to see the Broncos tack on an extra 2 games to Von's suspension. Send a message that letting down the NFL and the rules you agreed to will cost you. But that also when you lie to the fans, let your teammates down, there is an extra penalty to be served. It would send a message to the players on the team that the Broncos won't tolerate anything but 100% committed to winning Superbowls.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:49 AM   #121
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

Are the majority of you people completely unaware, completely oblivious, and completely ignorant to the realities of professional athletes?
Oh yeah, how did we forget Manning is also a pot smoking, test cheating, driving without a license douchebag.

So my bad.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:22 AM   #122
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We all know he's a scumbag, a great player but scumbag none the less....

He got dat Molly

rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #123
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I always find these discussions being so damn black and white. You either have to hate him or you kiss his ass. Why? Because the truth here is always somewhere in the middle and reality unfortunately gets in the way. The facts of the matter are certainly very different and comparing these two cases of Von miller and Aldon Smith are only because they are 2 of the elite pass rushers in the NFL, and not their cases or circumstances....

My biggest problem here is anyone who says cheating, and lying are admirable character traits and something everyone should be Ok with because everyone is doing it. It is the same thing about Marijuana smoking being legal somewhere, but in fact it is still against the NFL CBA and drug testing policy. You sign a contract and get the privilege to play a game and make an insane amount of money you ought to be able to live by the rules. Period.

The problem is people do get away with things and once they do, they adapt a mentality that rules are for suckers and not me. The problem is you cheat enough, the law of averages catches up with you and you get caught. I dealt with people with this attitude for years in counseling and the reality of it is, they have no character whatsoever and will say anything about anyone to get off the hook and they then continue to cheat and lie and steal because it is all they know.

Now, People can and do change all the time. However, who do they have to harm in the process and do they even care? In this case, both of these guys are in way over their heads in completely different ways.

Smith is an alcohol and/or drug addicted player who has rights under the CBA because he is recognized as an addict before being a felon if he gets convicted of DUI. That is what the CBA says and if you actually read about SF position on why the let him play it is because the NFL has the "exclusive rights" to handle all addicts in the CBA according to the process negotiated by the NFLPA. They got in trouble with the league for handling a player with a DUI internally last year and obviously have been scolded for it behind closed doors.

Miller is classified as being in the substance abuse program already, and what he did is very different than Smith. He knew he could be busted for a test and tried to manipulate the system and then lied to the whole world about what he did. To me, that is every bit as dangerous as to what Aldon Smith got caught doing. It shows a pattern of behavior that is much more conscious and calculating than getting drunk and making a stupid decision while impaired. It means he is way more than likely to have ALSO driven while impaired and also been able to bribe, manipulate, or gotten out of being caught doing so....

So, while I see how people like comparing their situations they are remarkably different. And, while everyone is saying at least Von only had Weed in his system, that is what VON SAID he had. There was no test and therefore you are believing a guy who lied, manipulated, and cheated the test itself on what was really in his system? Really? Come on people, you are still going to believe a guy who lied outright to try and get off in the first place that all he had in his system was MJ?

In short, these are not apples to apples comparisons. They are 2 guys on different parts of the I got caught spectrum. One is finally admitting an addiction and seeking help. The other still claims he did nothing wrong after getting caught red handed.... I am not writing off either one, but I simply do not trust either one until they can earn it. Neither are awful human beings either, they are just majorly screwed up in how they have handled their lives up to this point. Either or both could redeem themselves if they can jettison the self centered, destructive lives they have chosen up until now. I am just not putting money on either of them to change anytime soon until I see real change in their lives and that may take a couple of years......
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #124
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I very concerned with what Von said leading up to the suspension and his current inability to accept ownership after more of the facts have become public. It's a pretty serious mutarity issue that he doesn't have much time to solve.

Hopefully someone close to him can help him out, I don't know. But if he truly cannot understand the criticism and feels people are just "piling on", it's gonna be a short NFL career.

This is going to be a watershed moment for him. He's either going to come out of this and grow up or not.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #125
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Back to Rev's point......are we 100% SURE that Von wasn't trying to conceal PED usage?

We know the following....

1. He tested positive for MJ and amphetamine his rookie year.
2. He tried to cheat a urine test this time.

But what was he hiding? We are all assuming that it was MJ again......but since he didn't test positive for anything (cause they tried to swap piss) how do we know what HE WOULD HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR??

Like most, I really hope he wasn't using PEDs, ala Merriman.

I guess we'll know soon enough....if he starts having a huge decline in his play.....
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote