The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #26
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Sounds an awful (emphasize awful) lot like Beavis.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #27
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
If there were no money involved, I’d call this a misguided bid for relevance. As it stands, the effort to defund Obamacare is a lucrative business. Which is why it continues to go forward, even as the odds for success dip to the quantum level. For the lawmakers and groups spearheading this movement, Tea Party voters aren’t dedicated citizens as much as they are gullible customers; ripe targets for their brand commercialized outrage.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...st+-+Latest%29
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #28
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Some annoyed Republicans are accusing shutdown-pushers like Ted Cruz of “not dealing in reality,” but Cruz is decidedly reality-based. He’s just selling unreality to his constituents — not just Texas voters, but the entire nationwide network of pissed-off and increasingly delusional conservatives who fund the great right-wing money carousel. He becomes a star, and they get to feel like they’re an integral part of an existential fight for America’s future.
http://www.salon.com/2013/09/17/for_..._for_business/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #29
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I worked in the field for quite a while. In the scenario you propose, a bankruptcy attorney works it out. So, either way, attorneys.
New paradigm now though. You wait on a list. And maybe die on it. No attorneys allowed.

Unless you have the $$$ to hop the system. But then you're right back at Square 1. Money buys care.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #30
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Sounds an awful (emphasize awful) lot like Beavis.

Hey, great work, Columbo. I knew they kept you around for something.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #31
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #32
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:

BEAVIS YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #33
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hammurabi had an ethos. As did Classical Liberalism.

What does that mean? Not much, really.

Roh, all you have to tell me is that it's ok for Bill Gates to get better health care than you do. That it would be wrong to try to force his doctor to see you too. And I think we could come to an agreement.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #34
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII View Post
Hammurabi had an ethos. As did Classical Liberalism.

What does that mean? Not much, really.

Roh, all you have to tell me is that it's ok for Bill Gates to get better health care than you do. That it would be wrong to try to force his doctor to see you too. And I think we could come to an agreement.
That's not the point. The question is, in modern society is health care a right or a commodity?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #35
Meck77

Tearing things down sounds like a good idea. We've been propping up bad business with all the bailouts and QE for far too long. How many years do you keep doing the same thing over and over. By definition that is insanity. What's wrong with living within our means or the current debt ceiling?
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #36
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That's not the point. The question is, in modern society is health care a right or a commodity?
That's a gross oversimplification. Healthcare is not an all or nothing proposition. Some people could afford to spend $100 million dollars for an extra year of life. Society cannot afford that on your behalf, however.

So the question becomes what's better... dollars making decisions? Or a bureaucracy making decisions, with enough dollars still being able to override the bureaucracy.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #37
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
What's wrong with living within our means or the current debt ceiling?
For as smart as you like to sound, you apparently cannot comprehend very basic ideas.

Once the money gets spent, as it already has been, you can't THEN go "oops we have a budget and our bills are bigger than the budget, soooo **** THE BILLS!"

How is this so hard to grasp for someone who was purportedly a business owner at the age of 10?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #38
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
For as smart as you like to sound, you apparently cannot comprehend very basic ideas.

Once the money gets spent, as it already has been, you can't THEN go "oops we have a budget and our bills are bigger than the budget, soooo **** THE BILLS!"

How is this so hard to grasp for someone who was purportedly a business owner at the age of 10?
Nah man, when I had some rough times I told my mortgage lender I was going to not raise my debt limit and instead stop paying my mortgage. They were like 'that's cool man, you're doing the right thing and not spending more money!'

True Story
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #39
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Nah man, when I had some rough times I told my mortgage lender I was going to not raise my debt limit and instead stop paying my mortgage. They were like 'that's cool man, you're doing the right thing and not spending more money!'

True Story
I wonder if the same logic applies to his rental properties.

"Sorry, we spent too much on groceries and other necessities this month, rent just isn't in the cards. But hey! We voted as a family to not pay your rent, soooooo... Democracy!"