The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 02:00 AM   #76
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

And one was a semi-auto shotgun. Haha
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #77
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Always makes me angry when character shields extend to total absurdity. Multiple people wielding rifles completely miss two people standing out in the open at maybe 50 yards? I expect a lot better from a show like BB.

:facepalm:
The scene isn't even finished. It might be worthwhile to wait for the entire scene to play out. If Hank and Gomez get through the end of it unscathed, yeah, maybe you got something to b**** about.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #78
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Watching the replay of last week Fedaykin has a point how the hell do you miss with that many guns that close
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #79
Agamemnon

My response to tonight's episode: HOLY ****ING ****!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #80
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Brutal. Every event that you knew was inevitable but dreaded seeing unfold happened tonight. And then some. I think they are setting up for a measure of redemption for Walt (via him returning home as seen in the flash-forward clips, going in to rescue Jesse from the Nazis, guns blazing, on a suicide mission).
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #81
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Brutal. Every event that you knew was inevitable but dreaded seeing unfold happened tonight. And then some. I think they are setting up for a measure of redemption for Walt (via him returning home as seen in the flash-forward clips, going in to rescue Jesse from the Nazis, guns blazing, on a suicide mission).
There's no redemption for Walt. The whole series is about a man's gradual descent into darkness.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #82
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
There's no redemption for Walt. The whole series is about a man's gradual descent into darkness.
At least they are keeping it not totally black and white with him throwing himself on his own sword for his family still.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #83
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Watching the replay of last week Fedaykin has a point how the hell do you miss with that many guns that close
Like I said, the scene wasn't finished. The writers of Breaking Bad know what they are doing. Maybe some shows, even decent ones, you can't say that about the writers (Lost, Dexter). The BB writers though are in a different caliber. They know what they need to do to give Hank, the first main character who has been with the series since the pilot to die, a proper death scene. The realistic thing would have been for Hank and Gomez to be blown to bits instantaneously sure. Instead, Hank and Gomez are still dead, but Hank got an appropriately eviscerating death scene.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #84
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

I don't know about redemption, but I'm still rooting for Walt, at least against Jack and his NAZIs.

It was tough to watch Hank's final moments but he went out like the man he was.

I'm ready for Jesse to die though. He's done little else but cry this whole last season, and that doesn't look to end soon, given his circumstances. Walt manipulated him, but Walt also loved him. He betrayed that. Hope he blows up the meth lab and takes Todd with him. He's a dead man anyway.

Do they use cgi to make them look so young in the opener? I'd swear that scene looked like it was shot 5 years ago.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #85
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I agree. He can't redeem what he's done and doesn't deserve to go out a hero, but I do think he will save Jesse and either die doing so or kill himself with the ricin afterward. I just wonder how they handle it, what kind of note the leave things on.

By the very end of last night Walt (especially in the phone call to Skylar where he knew the cops were listening) did seem to finally be accepting full blame for everything that happened. He has always tried to scapegoat others, but I think he gets now that it is all on him. It wouldn't make up for what he has done, but it would correct one mistake and result in some dead Nazis.

And, god, how can anyone hate Jesse? He's a traumatized, abused victim who never gets a break. I think they give him a hopeful ending, but who knows.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #86
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
...especially in the phone call to Skylar where he knew the cops were listening...
Did you get the impression Skyler knew what he was doing? I couldn't decide.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #87
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomutt View Post
I'm ready for Jesse to die though. He's done little else but cry this whole last season, and that doesn't look to end soon, given his circumstances. Walt manipulated him, but Walt also loved him. He betrayed that.
I think if you think bigger picture the way Jesse is acting is understandable. The tragedy is it didn't have to be this way, but Jesse had no way of knowing that Walt was "on his side" up until the "betrayal".
Old 09-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #88
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Jesse's no abused victim. He's a grown man who cries about what he's done and pouts over being manipulated. Also, he's a murdering, junkie, drug dealing, arsonist who is complicit with the disposal of a 12 year old boy's body. He's torn up over it, I get it, but at the end of the day he's willing to be talked out of giving that boy's parents closure. The reason he confesses to Hank is to hurt Walt, not come clean because it's the right thing to do. If so he would have confessed after pitching his money.

Never gets a break? He had a break, a chance at a new life with money in his pocket. I understand his anger at Brock being poisoned, but how does threatening Skyler, Walt Jr. and Holly's security avenge Brock? He's just as guilty of collateral damage as Walt.

Walt was right, he's a coward. I've rooted for Jesse right up to about the point Walt got arrested. Spitting in a handcuffed man's face, any man's face, is a cowardly move. Walt may be the worse villian, but he's no coward.

If the show had more than 2 episodes left, I'd want Jesse to stick around because he is a fascinating character (Aaron Paul is a tremendous actor). But my sympathy for him has run out.

Still, going to be sad once the show is over.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:44 AM   #89
Bronco Yoda

Totally unbelievable that Walt didn't even attempt to lie to skyar about Hank.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #90
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Totally unbelievable that Walt didn't even attempt to lie to skyar about Hank.
Walt knows Skylar has him figured out. He can't even lie to her properly anymore (the one person he can't lie to). Remember the gun in the coke machine scene? The show gets more believable if you pay attention.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #91
Bronco Yoda

The point isn't whether or not skyler has him figured out. The point is that Walt can't help himself but lie. Perfect example is the coke machine you yourself referenced. He may not be good at it anymore but he's still damn sure going to try. And he's still keeping things from her like jesse & the fact he's making deals to still cook.

He's been nothing but calculative and a master of manipulation and lies the entire show leading up to him so desperately wanting to just flee with his family. And at this pinnacle point he has nothing.

Surely the 'calculative' Walt would have some sort of story worked up as to why they were going to up and flee before he hit the door.

Surely the 'quick witted' Walt would have adjusted the story on the fly (like he's shown to do all storyy arch long) to fit Skylar suddenly knowing about him being arrested by hank. Even if the story was fumbled and unbelievable.

And lastly the 'Heisenberg' persona which finally came through at the end wouldn't have just grabbed the baby and ran but would have attempted some sick and twisted lie/threat/manipulation before running with the baby.

Then afterwords Walt still shows he's still calculative, manipulative and a master of lies on the phone and returning the baby.

It just didn't fit.

It would have been much more believable if he had an outlandish story, then fumbled another lie on top of it... where skyler would then not believe him and call him out on it.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #92
Bronco Yoda

Ozymandias

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #93
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
The point isn't whether or not skyler has him figured out. The point is that Walt can't help himself but lie. Perfect example is the coke machine you yourself referenced. He may not be good at it anymore but he's still damn sure going to try. And he's still keeping things from her like jesse & the fact he's making deals to still cook.

He's been nothing but calculative and a master of manipulation and lies the entire show leading up to him so desperately wanting to just flee with his family. And at this pinnacle point he has nothing.

Surely the 'calculative' Walt would have some sort of story worked up as to why they were going to up and flee before he hit the door.

Surely the 'quick witted' Walt would have adjusted the story on the fly (like he's shown to do all storyy arch long) to fit Skylar suddenly knowing about him being arrested by hank. Even if the story was fumbled and unbelievable.

And lastly the 'Heisenberg' persona which finally came through at the end wouldn't have just grabbed the baby and ran but would have attempted some sick and twisted lie/threat/manipulation before running with the baby.

Then afterwords Walt still shows he's still calculative, manipulative and a master of lies on the phone and returning the baby.

It just didn't fit.

It would have been much more believable if he had an outlandish story, then fumbled another lie on top of it... where skyler would then not believe him and call him out on it.
While I don't think Walt was capable of lying to Skylar about something as devastating as Hank's death, he actually did make a fleeting attempt... when he said "I negotiated". Skylar wasn't buying any of it. Also, he wouldn't have had a chance to prepare a story... he had no idea Skylar would know anything about Hank arresting Walt until Skylar and Flynn showed up at home.

One of the things the show is addressing is the mythologizing of "Heisenberg", both by Walt himself and his collaborators and enemies. Take Jesse calling Walt "The Devil". He believed Walt was setting a trap for Jesse with the meet at the plaza. In fact, Walt was being sincere about wanting to talk to Jesse. The Heisenberg persona has been faltering every since Hank discovered the truth about it. Think of all the mistakes Walt has made. For all the criminal mastermind that Heisenberg as been, at it's core is still Walter White, a flawed man in his tidy whiteys who has been dealing with his own bad decision making from the start of the series. The Ozymandias poem really drives home that theme. This great King and all the bluster with which he mythologizes himself is ultimately doomed to decay, because this great King was never what he said he was.

Not that Heisenberg is done. I suspect he'll rise again to deal with Uncle Jack, Todd and the Nazis. But everything Heisenberg was created for is already lost.

Last edited by Bronco X; 09-18-2013 at 05:08 PM..
Old 09-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #94
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Here's a good BB/Broncos crossover:

Quote:
With apologies to the creators of "Breaking Bad," Manning isn't in the football business or the money business. He's in the empire business. Manning is the Heisenberg of the MVP Watch, ruthless and driven in pursuit of a 100 percent-pure sky-blue game plan. Uniquely mentally equipped and sufficiently armed to win this award, he'd take out his own brother to get where he and the Broncos need to go. He's got seven huge barrels of excess touchdown passes buried in a secluded spot miles from downtown Denver. He is the danger. He is the one who knocks.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...os-mvp-watch-3

Oh, and note to mods: Breaking Bad is never "off topic"!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #95
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

Oh, and note to mods: Breaking Bad is never "off topic"!
it will be in two weeks
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #96
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

So where did he leave the baby
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #97
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
it will be in two weeks
Touche!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #98
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
So where did he leave the baby
At the fire station? Did you miss the scene or are you joking?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #99
Cmac821
Harden by loss

Can't wait for next year

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
At the fire station? Did you miss the scene or are you joking?
yeah isn't that like the baby moses law or something silly where you can give kids up for adoption at hospitals or fire stations anonymously? But I don't understand why Walt would do this, can't skyler just reclaim her?
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #100
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac821 View Post
yeah isn't that like the baby moses law or something silly where you can give kids up for adoption at hospitals or fire stations anonymously? But I don't understand why Walt would do this, can't skyler just reclaim her?
Walt let Skyler off the hook with that over the top phone call. He knew the cops were listening, broke the phone, dropped holy off at the firestation and left town.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote