The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #3001
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Reid and Dorsey have done a good job so far with a team that had a lot of holes on it.

Ron Parker and Tim McGrath were picked up off the street this week and they both made huge plays in the game.

I think Poe is the real deal too. Cowboys focused on stopping the outside and Poe burned them twice for a 2 sacks and also deflected a pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #3002
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Defense is legit. Offense definitely could improve as Smith get chemistry with receivers. Should be a solid team rest of the way, IMO. Wouldn't mind there being some higher stakes going into the KC-DEN games this year.
Their pass rush should be good. Secondary is still very vulnerable tho. Flowers will get beat down by physical wide receivers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #3003
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Flowers will get beat down by physical wide receivers.
and Tim Tebow
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #3004
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Reid and Smith will keep the Chiefs just good enough to be outside of drafting an elite QB but just bad enough to do nothing in the post season.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #3005
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,973

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Reid and Dorsey have done a good job so far with a team that had a lot of holes on it.

Ron Parker and Tim McGrath were picked up off the street this week and they both made huge plays in the game.

I think Poe is the real deal too. Cowboys focused on stopping the outside and Poe burned them twice for a 2 sacks and also deflected a pass.
But they had 5 Pro bowlers!

Poe looks good, you were bound to hit on a DL after picking one all those years.

Dallas took the run away until the last 4 minutes, they repeatedly beat secondary coverage all day yet the bad turnovers killed them on the road.

kFc might win 8 games this year but not if Charles disappears like he did today.

Field position was the other factor that helped kFc out today.

I knew Smith had a noodle arm but I am amazed at just how many short passes he threw today. I only remember 2 passes down field and yet Dallas seemed content to give them the dink and dunk.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #3006
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,107

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Reid and Smith will keep the Chiefs just good enough to be outside of drafting an elite QB but just bad enough to do nothing in the post season.
so pretty much par for the course since 1983.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #3007
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,568
Default

Chiefs look good so far but I still don't believe in Alex Smith.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #3008
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
But they had 5 Pro bowlers!

Poe looks good, you were bound to hit on a DL after picking one all those years.

Dallas took the run away until the last 4 minutes, they repeatedly beat secondary coverage all day yet the bad turnovers killed them on the road.

kFc might win 8 games this year but not if Charles disappears like he did today.

Field position was the other factor that helped kFc out today.

I knew Smith had a noodle arm but I am amazed at just how many short passes he threw today. I only remember 2 passes down field and yet Dallas seemed content to give them the dink and dunk.
How did he disappear? He had a TD early in the game and over 100 all purpose yards.

Yes Alex Smith is doing a ton of dinking and dunking, but if I'm not mistaken it got him a botched punt return away from a SB.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #3009
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I still think the Chiefs suck. The Cowboys and Jags suck more though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #3010
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
How did he disappear? He had a TD early in the game and over 100 all purpose yards.

Yes Alex Smith is doing a ton of dinking and dunking, but if I'm not mistaken it got him a botched punt return away from a SB.
Are you comparing the niners talent with the chiefs talent?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #3011
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I still think the Chiefs suck. The Cowboys and Jags suck more though.
Pretty much.

Their defense is decent, but their offense is suspect.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #3012
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Alex Smith's average per pass surged from 5 yards per attempt last week to just over 6 yards per attempt today. Can you say Super Bowl?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #3013
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Pretty much.

Their defense is decent, but their offense is suspect.
I'll buy into their defense when I see them shutdown an offense that isn't constantly shooting itself in the foot all game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #3014
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'll buy into their defense when I see them shutdown an offense that isn't constantly shooting itself in the foot all game.
Romo on those last 2 drives was about as bad as you can get. He's horrible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #3015
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Romo on those last 2 drives was about as bad as you can get. He's horrible.
He and Cam Newton are anti-clutch. That's all there is to it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #3016
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

We're coming for you.

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #3017
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'll buy into their defense when I see them shutdown an offense that isn't constantly shooting itself in the foot all game.
I hope you have a good center, because Dontari Poe is an animal. Four sacks in two games, and cannot be blocked in the running game.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #3018
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
We're coming for you.

Is he going to eat me?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #3019
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I hope you have a good center, because Dontari Poe is an animal. Four sacks in two games, and cannot be blocked in the running game.
Not. Worried.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #3020
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I hope you have a good center, because Dontari Poe is an animal. Four sacks in two games, and cannot be blocked in the running game.
Poor Bob, do you seriously think you have a prayer against the Broncos right now? After beating a putrid team and a mediocre team? Seriously? Get a clue dude...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #3021
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,973

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
How did he disappear? He had a TD early in the game and over 100 all purpose yards.

Yes Alex Smith is doing a ton of dinking and dunking, but if I'm not mistaken it got him a botched punt return away from a SB.
Charles is on pace for just over 1k rushing this year. He totally disappeared for most of todays game, when they did rush him he was losing yardage. Something did click with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter but the lack of any sustained drives kept the Cowboys in it. In reality this is a game the Cowboys should have won on the road. A bad play call on 3rd goal, a dropped pass by Bryant on 3rd and long and the turning the ball over gave kFc a chance to win.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #3022
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
We're coming for you.

Fat men should never wear red
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #3023
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

The Chiefs are not going to win this division, but the games against Denver will be close.

Our defense is legit.

The team will go as far as Alex takes them. Which, against Manning....probably isn't that far.

These aren't the Pioli Chiefs anymore, and certainly not the Carl Chiefs.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #3024
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
The Chiefs are not going to win this division, but the games against Denver will be close.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #3025
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Charles is on pace for just over 1k rushing this year. He totally disappeared for most of todays game, when they did rush him he was losing yardage. Something did click with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter but the lack of any sustained drives kept the Cowboys in it. In reality this is a game the Cowboys should have won on the road. A bad play call on 3rd goal, a dropped pass by Bryant on 3rd and long and the turning the ball over gave kFc a chance to win.
The thing that clicked late was that they were getting him out in space on the edge instead of up the middle like we had been doing all day long.

Jamaal is on pace to double his receiving yards.

He's in a different system now. This year he's on pace for about 1,600 all purpose yards and 10+ TD's. He's just getting yards in the passing game as opposed to simply rushing yards like last year.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Denver Broncos