The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #2976
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Reid made it clear that he thought this was a "win now team". By win now, he elaborated that he believes this team has a chance be in the race to make the playoffs this year. Do you think any rookie QB this year could have lead this team to that? I honestly don't.
No, but I don't think Alex Smith can either...

win now... ... whewwww... ... almost done... ... Ahhh... okay.

Yeeesh. That was a good one.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #2977
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Reid made it clear that he thought this was a "win now team". By win now, he elaborated that he believes this team has a chance be in the race to make the playoffs this year. Do you think any rookie QB this year could have lead this team to that? I honestly don't.
I think it's very questionable at this time that any rookie QB would be a better value pick than Smith. EJ Manuel looks good, but there was no way we were taking him first overall.
Very few coaches are going to say otherwise. It is a "win now" league, and you can't have a coach that is doubting whether it is possible for the team to have success. Again, think it is obvious Smith improves KC's chances of winning this year, more so then any Rookie QB. Just not sure how high that ceiling is, and if a bunch of 9-10 win seasons would be deemed as success or not by the KC fanbase. And even that, is hardly a given

Their first 9 games definitely create the possibility of them having a hot start, and staying in the playoff race... but their schedule after the bye will not be easy. Will depend on what other teams do, just as much as what KC does.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #2978
Randall Flagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
I don't think anyone would argue against that point. It's just him being the best known commodity available, was more a reflection of a weak QB free agency class, more so then it does about him being a true franchise QB. Someone in the draft class probably ends up having a better career then Alex Smith, although who that is, really is anyone's guess.

Guess I can't really bash it that much, considering if Manning had signed with SF, there's a decent chance Denver turns to Alex Smith... although they aren't giving up two 2nd round picks in the process.

Still, in today's NFL, you pretty much have to have someone that can carry the team at times, and Smith likely isn't that.

Serious question, if KC goes to the playoffs, the next few years but KC still can't win in the postseason, is it seen as a good move? At what point is it more beneficial to take a risk in the draft, then have the known commodity?
Absolutely not. My Brother lives in KC. He was a big fan of Schottemheimer but got sick to death of Schottenheimer pissing down his leg in the play offs. Most of the folks there agree. 10-6, 11-5 hell, 13-3 are nothing more than a waste of time if you can't move past the first round of the playoffs.

The last GM (Pioli) was a complete and utter idiot. Good riddance. I mean, seriously. When the fan base begins flying banners over the stadium demanding his firing - what can you say??

John Dorsey ""seems" to have it together. Reid has brought stability (and apparently a little pride) to this team after many years of nonsense.

Shoot, I'm just glad to see another team in the AFCW bring a little respectability back to this pitiful conference. It's about high time.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #2979
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
Yeah, you're probably right. Makes it more curious when Houston won Defensive Player of the Week a couple of hours ago, doesn't it?
He got that because of his 3 sacks, not for his play vs the run vs the worst team in football.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #2980
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
Absolutely not. My Brother lives in KC. He was a big fan of Schottemheimer but got sick to death of Schottenheimer pissing down his leg in the play offs. Most of the folks there agree. 10-6, 11-5 hell, 13-3 are nothing more than a waste of time if you can't move past the first round of the playoffs.
I agree that having a team that bottoms out in the postseason is a waste of time. I live in KC as well, and seems like some fans are mixed. Some almost miss the Marty years.

We all know he didn't win in the playoffs much, but in his 10 years, they did have 3 playoff wins. He has all of KC's playoff wins since Super Bowl IV. He had a trip to the AFC Championship Game. In the 12 following seasons, KC has had only 3 trips to the postseason, and 0 playoff wins. Think it's pretty obvious that he was by far the best coach the Chiefs have had, since Hank Stram.

So really, the bar is set very low for KC. Even a repeat of his last 6 years in Philly, would likely be seen as success, at least by most fans

Far as Dorsey and Reid go, it seems they are doing a good job, but many fans felt the same about Pioli and Haley early in their tenure, and they had a 10 win season and a divisional title to their credit. I think we need to see how KC responds their next 3 games before we really have much of an idea
Old 09-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #2981
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
I agree that having a team that bottoms out in the postseason is a waste of time. I live in KC as well, and seems like some fans are mixed. Some almost miss the Marty years.

We all know he didn't win in the playoffs much, but in his 10 years, they did have 3 playoff wins. He has all of KC's playoff wins since Super Bowl IV. He had a trip to the AFC Championship Game. In the 12 following seasons, KC has had only 3 trips to the postseason, and 0 playoff wins. Think it's pretty obvious that he was by far the best coach the Chiefs have had, since Hank Stram.

So really, the bar is set very low for KC. Even a repeat of his last 6 years in Philly, would likely be seen as success, at least by most fans

Far as Dorsey and Reid go, it seems they are doing a good job, but many fans felt the same about Pioli and Haley early in their tenure, and they had a 10 win season and a divisional title to their credit. I think we need to see how KC responds their next 3 games before we really have much of an idea
The best coach signing for kFc this year was Dave Toub. They will have big punt and kick returns because of his success as a ST coach. This will give there noodle armed QB a short field to work with and they will be able to score points as long as Charles can play. If they loose Charles it will be like the Jags game when he had to come out, no drives and no points.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #2982
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
He got that because of his 3 sacks, not for his play vs the run vs the worst team in football.
The guy is a stud against the run. He's ****ing 270 pounds of beast **** monster mode.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #2983
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
The guy is a stud against the run. He's ****ing 270 pounds of beast **** monster mode.
For a crap team playing another crap team. Congrats?
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #2984
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
For a crap team playing another crap team. Congrats?
I don't even know if the Jags qualify as a crap team. In fact, I'm not sure they qualify as a team. I feel like the Chiefs might have had a tougher game against a lingerie league team to be honest.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #2985
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
God you're dumb
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #2986
BroncosfanGuy

who is the CB #24? that guy is getting beat like a rented mule today.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #2987
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

kFc has had a half full of SUCKAGE.

Charles is on pace to break off 16 yards vs Cowboys.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #2988
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Smith 12/23 for only 127 yards and 1 TD

kFc only 50% win percentage at AnalHead!
Old 09-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #2989
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Smith 12/23 for only 127 yards and 1 TD

kFc only 50% win percentage at AnalHead!
that's like 5 YPA, which would be a pretty good stat if it were the running game.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #2990
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Alex Smith has 49 yards rushing at the half. Maybe they traded for him because of his legs rather than his noodle arm?
Old 09-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #2991
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

3:38 of the 3rd and Bowe with the drop
Old 09-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #2992
Drunken.Broncoholic

And yet..... They are winning.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #2993
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
And yet..... They are winning.
Bowe drops one, then catches one.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #2994
Rolandftw

They don't suck; but probably aren't elite either.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #2995
Drunken.Broncoholic

Romo sucks.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #2996
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Defense is legit. Offense definitely could improve as Smith get chemistry with receivers. Should be a solid team rest of the way, IMO. Wouldn't mind there being some higher stakes going into the KC-DEN games this year.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #2997
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Chiefs look better than last year. I'll give them that. But I dunno how great they really look
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #2998
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
they suck
Old 09-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #2999
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Defense is legit. Offense definitely could improve as Smith get chemistry with receivers. Should be a solid team rest of the way, IMO. Wouldn't mind there being some higher stakes going into the KC-DEN games this year.
Their pass rush D is good but their secondary was beat all day, that Drop by Bryant after he had Flowers beat badly cost them the game.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #3000
bombay
Ring of Famer

Chiefs look like an 8-10 win team. They have a real coach and a real QB for the first time in years.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote