The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #26
Action

Added Redskins...another team that should be a better overall team due to the fact that they don't have to spend premium money at QB.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #27
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You want to know why the Seattle defense is so good, look at where they spend their money.

Also props the Broncos for finding probably 40 million dollars worth of receiving talent and having most of it on rookie contracts.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #28
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Maybe that's part of it. But Peyton's salary is about 50% higher than Eli's. And the team's spend numbers are different, but not that different.
'Part' of it? That's the entire thing. A higher number in the QB slot for New York does not mean that they are spending more on QB, only that a greater percentage of their total cap is devoted to that position.

See how New York's total cap number is lower than Denver's? Think about it.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #29
Agamemnon

OMG the Raiders are such a joke.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #30
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
'Part' of it? That's the entire thing. A higher number in the QB slot for New York does not mean that they are spending more on QB, only that a greater percentage of their total cap is devoted to that position.

See how New York's total cap number is lower than Denver's? Think about it.
Maybe I'm reading these charts wrong but I'm pretty sure that is covered under 'space'. Everyone has the same cap. Most likely it has to do with how the respective contracts are structured more than anything.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #31
Shananahan

I'm talking about the giant 'TOTAL CAP SPEND' number to the bottom right of each chart.

This is the most basic of the maths, people.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #32
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

QB includes more than just the starter - they have Painter, who is not on a rookie contract and we have Osweiler on his rookie contract for 2nd QBs, and they have a 4th round rookie, we have Dysert for 3rd QBs. Also, I think this includes prorated portion of bonus paid to Eli (I don't remember the details of Peyton's contract offhand, but I thought it was basically salary every year and not much on the signing bonus)

Quick breakdown of the math:

Us 13.35% of 132M is $17.6M
Them 17.75% of 122M is $21.6M
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #33
Bacchus

Yeah a lot of these teams have QBs on rookie salaries. It will be interesting when they have to pay these people. There will be a huge bump in salary cap either this year or next so that will help them.