The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #26
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You came to Archbishop Hansen's defense when I criticized him in exactly the same way you criticized Roh back then...
That's your take, meathead.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #27
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Science makes all sorts of errors when it is constructing hypotheses and moving toward establishing facts. So what?
Only dogmatists like Beavis persist in their beliefs when the facts change.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #28
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Only dogmatists like Beavis persist in their beliefs when the facts change.
Says the guy clinging to his decades-old hockey stick models whilst the temperature remains relatively flat.

It's funny because I could even understand, based on evidence, going from alarmed to skeptical over the last decade. But to go from skeptical (of the doomsdaying anyway) to supportive of it over that time is beyond comprehension.

Until one sees that virtually all of Wagsy's views must've gone through some kind of intellectual meatgrinder between 2004 and 2008.

Was it the Hope and the Change that did it? Or was it something else?
Old 09-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #29
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Has everybody seen this one?

As the oceans warm up -- and they have -- fish are moving to cooler places. The newest study on the impact of climate change on global fisheries by University of British Columbia researchers documented fish moving toward the poles and to deeper waters.
In a study the journal Nature published today, the researchers used temperature preferences of fish and other marine species as a sort of "thermometer" to assess effects of climate change on the world's oceans between 1970 and 2006, according to the announcement.

http://www.oregonlive.com/environmen...oler_wate.html

http://media.oregonlive.com/environm...ture.study.pdf

Oh. Did I mention that for billions of people, that disappearing seafood is their only source of protein? Move along. Nothing to see here.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #30
houghtam
Ring of Famer

I'd just like to know...what are your qualifications on the subject, Beavis, other than what Google can provide?

I know W*GS' qualifications, and they are substantial.

What are yours?

(Another dodge and deflect in 3...2...1...)
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #31
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Says the guy clinging to his decades-old hockey stick models whilst the temperature remains relatively flat.
NTSA. I've explained to you and the other denier dopes the reasons why comments like the above are ignorant of the science, but you keep making them and proving that you're an idiot on the subject.

WTF is wrong with your brain?

Quote:
It's funny because I could even understand, based on evidence, going from alarmed to skeptical over the last decade. But to go from skeptical (of the doomsdaying anyway) to supportive of it over that time is beyond comprehension.
I've never been a doomster or claimed our extinction was imminent or that the world was about to end. You're making up strawman bull****, again.

Likewise, if only one decade of one measure of anthropogenic climate change makes one change one's mind entirely, well, then such a person must be you, to be so stupid.

Quote:
Until one sees that virtually all of Wagsy's views must've gone through some kind of intellectual meatgrinder between 2004 and 2008.
My opinions change when the facts change. What do your opinions do?
Old 09-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #32
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
NTSA. I've explained to you and the other denier dopes the reasons why comments like the above are ignorant of the science, but you keep making them and proving that you're an idiot on the subject.

WTF is wrong with your brain?

I've never been a doomster or claimed our extinction was imminent or that the world was about to end. You're making up strawman bull****, again.

Likewise, if only one decade of one measure of anthropogenic climate change makes one change one's mind entirely, well, then such a person must be you, to be so stupid.

My opinions change when the facts change. What do your opinions do?
It's not a strawman, Wagsy. You're actively defending James "Venus Syndrome" Hansen in regards to exactly the kinds of things you say you don't agree with.

Once we come to some agreement on the hackery of Hansen et al, I think any of our other disagreements are fairly reconcilable.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #33
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It's not a strawman, Wagsy. You're actively defending James "Venus Syndrome" Hansen in regards to exactly the kinds of things you say you don't agree with.
What's your obsession with Hansen? Do you think that if you take a few of his comments out of context and attempt to show that they're wrong, then there's no such thing as AGW?

Quote:
Once we come to some agreement on the hackery of Hansen et al, I think any of our other disagreements are fairly reconcilable.
Hansen isn't a hack. You're in no position to judge him.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #34
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Hansen isn't a hack. You're in no position to judge him.
I am when he starts to dabble in politics and/or economics.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #35
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I am when he starts to dabble in politics and/or economics.
Once again, scientists should just STFU outside of their science, right? As citizens, they lose their 1st Amendment rights.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #36
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Once again, scientists should just STFU outside of their science, right? As citizens, they lose their 1st Amendment rights.
So non-scientists should just STFU about topics of science. But when climate scientists pontificate on economics and politics, we should bow in deference?

That seems.... inconsistent.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #37
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So non-scientists should just STFU about topics of science. But when climate scientists pontificate on economics and politics, we should bow in deference?
If you want to discuss science, bring it. So far, I've seen nothing but parrotage of denier blogosphere BS.

Should Hansen STFU about anything other than science? Or, do his political views somehow make his science suspect? Please, go on...

PS - You do realize that you're hopelessly out of your league on this subject with me...
Old 09-14-2013, 10:28 PM   #38
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
If you want to discuss science, bring it. So far, I've seen nothing but parrotage of denier blogosphere BS.

Should Hansen STFU about anything other than science? Or, do his political views somehow make his science suspect? Please, go on...

PS - You do realize that you're hopelessly out of your league on this subject with me...
Wagsy, do you think Oil Company execs should be arrested and tried for high crimes against Gaia?
Old 09-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #39
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wagsy, do you think Oil Company execs should be arrested and tried for high crimes against Gaia?
PIKEW!

Deflection.

I see your truuuuuuuue cooooloooooors...
Old 09-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #40
houghtam
Ring of Famer

What's your educational background, poooosaaaaaaay?
Old 09-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #41
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Old 09-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #42
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Beavis' quiver is out of arrows.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #43
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I'd just like to know...what are your qualifications on the subject, Beavis, other than what Google can provide?

I know W*GS' qualifications, and they are substantial.

What are yours?

(Another dodge and deflect in 3...2...1...)
Oh yeah, you really know his true qualifications. "An anonymous guy posted he's an expert, so it has to be true." Good stuff. Because he posts what you want to believe, it must be true and easy to go along with an "expert" who, by the way, posts in a politics forum that is from a Broncos website, where his Broncos posts are rare if even exist and from a guy who pulled a 180 since 2009. Yes, it is so believable
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #44
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Oh yeah, you really know his true qualifications. "An anonymous guy posted he's an expert, so it has to be true." Good stuff. Because he posts what you want to believe, it must be true and easy to go along with an "expert" who, by the way, posts in a politics forum that is from a Broncos website, where his Broncos posts are rare if even exist and from a guy who pulled a 180 since 2009. Yes, it is so believable
I love seeing you make an ass of yourself.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #45
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Not even getting into Hough making an argument that would demand his silence in 95% of the threads he pontificates in ad infinitum.

But you're right. Nothing is better than the appeal to authority fallacy extended all the way to the anonymous.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #46
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Not even getting into Hough making an argument that would demand his silence in 95% of the threads he pontificates in ad infinitum.

But you're right. Nothing is better than the appeal to authority fallacy extended all the way to the anonymous.

PIKEW!
Old 09-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #47
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Beavis is Howard the Duck.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #48
nyuk nyuk