The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #26
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Good. They probably don't even need to hire them, just announce it....
Completely agree, and it would be awesome if the whole thing was just a bluff. I had a horrible experience at Mile High back in '08 with a girl who is a big Chiefs fan. She cheered and clapped for about fifteen minutes until a guy two rows behind her began to loudly mimic and harass her. When I told him to shut up he claimed that I was just as bad as she was for bringing her to the game, and proceeded to throw peanut shells at the two of us for the rest of the game. Eventually she started crying during the fourth quarter, which he again loudly made fun of. Dude was hammered, but that's the closest I've ever come to fighting a stranger in public and just thinking about it makes me angry all over again.

I'm all about this announcement, provided they don't cramp the people just having fun with rival fans.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #27
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
It's what they're doing. Trying to provoke people.
That's kind of an assumption based on your own opinions, yes?

Using that logic you could argue that armed guards at banks are challenging people to rob them and Secret Service members exist as a dare to assassinate the President.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #28
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Completely agree, and it would be awesome if the whole thing was just a bluff. I had a horrible experience at Mile High back in '08 with a girl who is a big Chiefs fan. She cheered and clapped for about fifteen minutes until a guy two rows behind her began to loudly mimic and harass her. When I told him to shut up he claimed that I was just as bad as she was for bringing her to the game, and proceeded to throw peanut shells at the two of us for the rest of the game. Eventually she started crying during the fourth quarter, which he again loudly made fun of. Dude was hammered, but that's the closest I've ever come to fighting a stranger in public and just thinking about it makes me angry all over again.

I'm all about this announcement, provided they don't cramp the people just having fun with rival fans.
That sounds like that guy was a dick. Especially throwing garbage. I would have probably said something. That said, there is etiquette for opposing team fans. The ones who are being really loud and extra supportive are going to piss their neighbors off. I used to go to BYU games at Air Force and CSU and we tried to be a bit more reserved.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #29
Shananahan

There's a way to give and take between fans of rival teams, though, and it shouldn't ever have to get ugly. The dude in my post was coming at her with malice; he was more into ruining her time than the game itself. Those kind of fans can get arrested all day long for all I care.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #30
Drunken.Broncoholic

This happens all the time in Bay Area. Cops dress in niner gear at Oakland and vise versa. They also dress in dodger gear at ATT park
Old 09-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #31
Armchair Bronco

This is much ado about nothing. The radio guys in Seattle have been trying to turn this into a scandal, but I think Mike & Mike on ESPN got it right.

The Hawks are just trying to send a message that a$$hole fans who get drunk before the game and who then publicly threaten 49'ers fans will not be tolerated. There's no "entrapment" here, either.

How is this any different from a cop hiding behind a billboard waiting for a speeder? It's no different IMO. "Normal" fans who want to give a good-natured ribbing to 49'er fans can still do this -- just as most cops will ignore you if you're going less than 10 MPH over the speed limit on the Interstate. But if you cross that line and are going 100 MPH, then expect to get a ticket.

What *IS* ironic is that last year, there were a number of altercations between Hawks fans and 49'er fans, and guess what? The perpetrators were mostly off-duty police officers who had been drinking all day!

I really think the intent was to get fans to "self censor" their own behavior. If so, mission accomplished!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #32
Drunken.Broncoholic

I don't think the Nortes will be traveling to Seattle. They only infest home games.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #33
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Isn't that entrapment and illegal?
No. Entrapment is if you actively request someone to do something illegal. Having a cop pose as a prostitute or drug dealer is also not illegal.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #34
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

This needs to become a regular thing everywhere IMO.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #35
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Back when Seattle started it's 12th man thing a couple years ago I thought it was cool. They have not had an easy time of it up there though they were in a SB what some 5-7 years ago?

So when the fans would get into it and cheer and have fun it was ok.

Sadly now they are taking the thugish attitude of the team on the field into the stands and becoming douches.

You want to cheer real loud and help amp up your team, great! You start pushing other people around and being obnoxious about it get a life.
I went to a Dallas game in 2008 and it was not good a couple of drunks were constantly harassing my 15 year-old step daughter. I said I was not going back to texas stadium again.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #36
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I went to a Dallas game in 2008 and it was not good a couple of drunks were constantly harassing my 15 year-old step daughter. I said I was not going back to texas stadium again.
You should have put them in their place....like Gundy does!

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #37
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Dare I say the real culprit to this problem? Cut the alcohol off and you cut off 98% of the bs. But we know that ain't happening.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #38
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Good. They need to make more undercover arrests of fans who assault other fans. There is nothing worse than a fat ****ing drunk who thinks that he's part of a Seahawk gang, or a Raider gang, or an Eagle gang and thinks that the ticket gives him the right to dump beer on an opposing fan or scream obscenities at a middle aged woman.

That being said, some traveling fanbases (Steelers, Cowboys, Bears and Raiders come to mind) have a tendency to really agitate the home crowd. If you're a visitor in a stadium, you better know your place.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #39
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
There's a way to give and take between fans of rival teams, though, and it shouldn't ever have to get ugly. The dude in my post was coming at her with malice; he was more into ruining her time than the game itself. Those kind of fans can get arrested all day long for all I care.
I would do this to a red wings fan.... There are certain jerseys that just shouldnt be tolerated at certain games.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #40
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Meh, probably more of a scheme for cops to get free entry to the stadium.

I mean, as long as you can act like a civilized adult, there shouldn't be a problem.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #41
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
I would do this to a red wings fan.... There are certain jerseys that just shouldnt be tolerated at certain games.
You realize that there is an actual living breathing human being inside that jersey and that your argument is that same as "gang colors"?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #42
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Isn't that entrapment and illegal?
No.

Entrapment

The act of government agents or officials that induces a person to commit a crime he or she is not previously disposed to commit.

Entrapment is a defense to criminal charges when it is established that the agent or official originated the idea of the crime and induced the accused to engage in it. If the crime was promoted by a private person who has no connection to the government, it is not entrapment. A person induced by a friend to sell drugs has no legal excuse when police are informed that the person has agreed to make the sale.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:52 AM   #43
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
This needs to become a regular thing everywhere IMO.
How would you tell the difference at Charger games? More visiting team fans than Charger jerseys.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #44
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

They really should just adopt the European model of creating special sections of seats for opposing fans, at least in those stadiums where violence can be a real issue (I'm looking at you, Philly and Buffalo). Put a few extra security in those areas and the problem is solved.

Don't want to sit in those areas? Deal with what comes your way (short of physical violence of course).
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #45
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

so who has the balls to do this in Oakland?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #46
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
They really should just adopt the European model of creating special sections of seats for opposing fans, at least in those stadiums where violence can be a real issue (I'm looking at you, Philly and Buffalo). Put a few extra security in those areas and the problem is solved.

Don't want to sit in those areas? Deal with what comes your way (short of physical violence of course).
That really affects the ticket holder's ability to sell their tickets though. Guys often make back the entire cost of their season tickets on the Steelers game alone.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #47
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
You realize that there is an actual living breathing human being inside that jersey and that your argument is that same as "gang colors"?
Sure. But I also dont feel bad for people who play in the middle of a busy road and get hit by a car. Are you telling me that if you went a Raider game in Oakland, AND you wore your full gear, you are not expecting to get your ass handed to you?

They can come to the game but wearing paraphernalia deserves constant ridicule by any and all that see it. I wouldnt do anything physically but I would harass and harass and harass to ensure that their experience in OUR HOUSE wasnt enjoyable.... And take the risk that they dont get the last laugh by winning.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #48
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That really affects the ticket holder's ability to sell their tickets though. Guys often make back the entire cost of their season tickets on the Steelers game alone.
Good. Another added benefit in my eyes.

In reality, Steelers fans are so obnoxious they wouldn't care where they sit. They'd still buy in the general home team's fan areas. They just want to wave their towels and get on camera anyway.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #49
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

I'm glad the Seahawks are finally doing something, two incidents from previous years come to mind:
s
Seahawks fans throwing snowballs at the Jets players as they left the field - which was totally ignored by the team and NFL (try throwing anything at players in NY or NE ... You get a lifetime ban!)
And Seahawk fans making huge signs to insult opposing team players as they leave the field, like when the 0-13 Lions played there. I can't find the pic at the moment though, but I'm sure it's on NFL.com

It's all unnecessary bull**** that should have been addressed way before it got to the point it is at now.
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #50
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Good. Another added benefit in my eyes.

In reality, Steelers fans are so obnoxious they wouldn't care where they sit. They'd still buy in the general home team's fan areas. They just want to wave their towels and get on camera anyway.
Lately they've lost when we play them here. So I love it. We bilk their fans out of 2 grand and beat their team on national TV - all from the comfort of our living room.