The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
Johnykbr

Default Denver, take note on how not to treat your fans

Seattle will dress undercover cops in 49er jerseys to get unruly Seattle fans.

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/09/...teams-uniform/
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Good. They probably don't even need to hire them, just announce it....
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Back when Seattle started it's 12th man thing a couple years ago I thought it was cool. They have not had an easy time of it up there though they were in a SB what some 5-7 years ago?

So when the fans would get into it and cheer and have fun it was ok.

Sadly now they are taking the thugish attitude of the team on the field into the stands and becoming douches.

You want to cheer real loud and help amp up your team, great! You start pushing other people around and being obnoxious about it get a life.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Johnykbr

I guess I don't necessarily see why they need to have undercover cops to entrap their own fans. If someone is in a 49ers jersey and is just sitting there quietly and a Seahawks fan throws a beer at him or keeps swearing, the Yellow Jackets will get them just as quick.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Isn't that entrapment and illegal?
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

I believe the theory is like conceal carry....assault at your own risk. If you have no idea if that's an SF fan or a cop Seattle thugs might resist assaulting them...because it becomes not only assault, but assault on a police officer.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
No because you have the choice to assault them or not assault them.....just like "bait car".
Old 09-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I believe the theory is like conceal carry....assault at your own risk. If you have no idea if that's an SF fan or a cop Seattle thugs might resist assaulting them...because it becomes not only assault, but assault on a police officer.
But if we had good policing then there shouldn't be any assaulting going on and people wouldn't need to pack heat to feel safe.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #9
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

It's most certainly not entrapment, unless you think that fans can't control themselves when they see an opposing jersey. Hey, all you have to do is not attack a person just for wearing a different color shirt than you and you get to go home after the game!
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
But if we had good policing then there shouldn't be any assaulting going on and people wouldn't need to pack heat to feel safe.
Well until I'm assigned my own cop to protect me, I'll just go with what works for me.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #11
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
No because you have the choice to assault them or not assault them.....just like "bait car".
Right, but if the undercover officer tries to provoke them (verbally...I am not talking about a jersey here) then it is. Now whether that's illegal in Seattle or not is unknown to me, but.....
Old 09-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #12
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I rarely (in my section) see anyone rooting for opposing teams get messed with unless they are just being a-holes about it to other fans. Must be rougher there.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #13
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
this is privately run by the seahawks organization, would it still be entrapment?
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #14
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
this is privately run by the seahawks organization, would it still be entrapment?
Not in the legal sense, but then it's something else entirely. It's a private business trying to provoke people. There could be arguments for some nice civil cases.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #15
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

The only issue I have with this is if the cops act like a-holes to try and provoke someone. There are plenty of good cops and there are plenty of bad cops. Bad cops might cross the line into actually touching other people to get a physical reaction they can make an arrest on. The good thing is that there would hopefully be plenty of cell phones around that could record such breaches of the public trust.

Hopefully the cops in 49ers attire can put up with a little jive in their ears during the game. They'll clearly have greater authority than the average 49er fan to end trash talk, even if unwarranted.

That being said, talking trash to opposing fans is just plain fun. Taking it past that is bad news for everyone and diminishes the quality of the game for everyone around you.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

My Brother and I got beer thrown on us at duh bear game loss in Chi-town back in 2007. We deserved it, no yellow shirts came to throw anyone out and we didn't complain about it. We had winter coats on and it was raining anyway. It might have got out of hand if Hester didn't win that game for them.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I rarely (in my section) see anyone rooting for opposing teams get messed with unless they are just being a-holes about it to other fans. Must be rougher there.
From what I've witnessed, we are way too nice to opposing fans. Many of them come in acting like buttheads and I see a lot of people put up with it here in Denver. But, we are in Denver after all, and we love the Broncos, so clearly we are A+ citizens.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
The only issue I have with this is if the cops act like a-holes to try and provoke someone. There are plenty of good cops and there are plenty of bad cops. Bad cops might cross the line into actually touching other people to get a physical reaction they can make an arrest on. The good thing is that there would hopefully be plenty of cell phones around that could record such breaches of the public trust.

Hopefully the cops in 49ers attire can put up with a little jive in their ears during the game. They'll clearly have greater authority than the average 49er fan to end trash talk, even if unwarranted.

That being said, talking trash to opposing fans is just plain fun. Taking it past that is bad news for everyone and diminishes the quality of the game for everyone around you.
Unless they have some sort of quota for arrests I am thinking these undercover cops will just be happy to get paid to watch an NFL game and if something happens then fine. It would take some nut job cop from a show like The Wire to start arresting people left and right.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #19
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
From what I've witnessed, we are way too nice to opposing fans. Many of them come in acting like buttheads and I see a lot of people put up with it here in Denver.
That's the best part.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #20
Shananahan

Quote:
Right, but if the undercover officer tries to provoke them (verbally...I am not talking about a jersey here) then it is. Now whether that's illegal in Seattle or not is unknown to me, but.....
Quote:
Not in the legal sense, but then it's something else entirely. It's a private business trying to provoke people. There could be arguments for some nice civil cases.
Where in that article did you read the word 'provoke'?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #21
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Man If you pay 400 bucks for 2 tickets to a game you should be able to enjoy it. Luckily I'm a big man so people think twice before screwing with me but I did witness two dudes picking on a man and his son. It was in Seattle too.
I was about ready to stand up and get involved when a seattle fan stood up and ripped into them .

I think it's a great Idea and I also hope it catches on.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #22
errand
Ring of Famer

So not only do cops get reduced rent at apt. complexes and free donuts and coffee they're also gonna get paid to watch Seahawks games for free......
Old 09-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #23
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Where in that article did you read the word 'provoke'?
It's what they're doing. Trying to provoke people.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #24
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
The Seattle Seahawks reserve the right to throw anyone out for any reason. It's not a criminal thing so entrapment doesn't really apply.

Really though the cop probably wants to just watch the football game. I doubt too many are going to pick a fight just to be able to force someone to watch an online video course and have to walk them to the parking lot. I bet there are fewer than a handful of real ones and the rest of this is a fear motivated thing.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Man If you pay 400 bucks for 2 tickets to a game you should be able to enjoy it. Luckily I'm a big man so people think twice before screwing with me but I did witness two dudes picking on a man and his son. It was in Seattle too.
I was about ready to stand up and get involved when a seattle fan stood up and ripped into them .

I think it's a great Idea and I also hope it catches on.
Had to do something like that with an EMO kid back in 08 giving some old lady some crap at Mile High