The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #76
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Why does he have a suspended or revoked license in the first place? They usually don't do that unless you have really eef'ed up several times.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #77
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

As others have said, as an isolated incident this isn't that bad but you'd be very naive to not be seriously worried about this guy by now.

It just seems like he's an unbelievably stupid man. Tragically, he's too stupid to realise just how stupid he is so he's too stupid to make efforts to control his stupidity.

He's certainly not the mortal lock he was for a massive contract in Denver that he seemed just a few months back. I'd have said he'll get it at the end of the 2014 season for sure just a few months back. Now? I could see us really making him prove he has his **** together before committing to him. We have an option for a 5th year on his rookie deal, we could even franchise him a couple of times... conceivably we could put off committing to a long term deal until the summer of 2016... we should know by then if he's ever gonna get his **** together.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #78
Powderaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
DOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNT CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE
Old 09-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #79
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
His father was in the car with him when he was stopped...let dad drive! I mean, unless he is physically incapable, which I have no idea, but just an idea.
That's the real red flag, even with his Dad as chaperone he forgets his drivers license ... he probably doesn't even know where it is .. and speeds on top of it. Though it shouldn't be necessary .. why did dear 'ole Dad not tell his idiot son to SLOW DOWN you moron, the whole world is just waiting for you to **** up again!

Not a good sign for Von even though the infraction is minor, he obviously is a clueless kid.

He is gonna have to break the all time sack record in only 10 games and lead us to a SB win before he starts to regain any of the lost luster that has flamed out so quickly for this guy!
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #80
Powderaddict

Dude is obviously lacking in the decision making department.

I wonder though how many players though get tons of tickets we never hear about, and if we are just hearing about Von because he has a giant neon target on his back that says "look at me! I'm being stupid!".

The "crimes" themselves don't concern me as much as his poor decision making does.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #81
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

A second infraction for driving on a suspended license? Most Coloradans not named Von Miller would have been in the back of the patrol car on their way to jail. Obviously, these cops were Broncos fans. How would the league have looked at another arrest?

The guy is walking the tightrope, looking down at a year's suspension, and he's doing pirouettes of stupidity.

If he's really doing this to get traded, then take him up on it. Get a ****load in return before he's really damaged property.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #82
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Awww, you guys are so cute! Rabble rabble rabble! Carry on.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #83
lolcopter

Von is a ****ing idiot
Old 09-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #84
Tim

I love von
Old 09-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #85
lolcopter

I do too, but that doesn't change his borderline retarded decision making as of late
Old 09-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #86
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
A second infraction for driving on a suspended license? Most Coloradans not named Von Miller would have been in the back of the patrol car on their way to jail. Obviously, these cops were Broncos fans. How would the league have looked at another arrest?
Unless you're in a rural jurisdiction, most officers won't arrest on a simple suspended license if they can avoid it. It's a waste of their time. They'll generally give someone a summons if there's another licensed driver in the car or someone is nearby that can come pick the driver up.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #87
Drunken.Broncoholic

If he cannot stop violating basic traffic laws how is he going to obey the rules of level 3 substance abuse? It's not a matter of if he gets a year long suspension it's a matter of when. It's to the point where I would not be upset if he leaves.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #88
B-Large

Would YOU make him the highest paid linebacker in the NFL, knowing what your know about his behavior to date?
Old 09-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #89
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
usually when you do things like get pulled over with a suspended license you are in fact judged. by a judge. in court.

hard life von must have, what with the fans hoping he won't get ****ing arrested every day.
Oh he got arrested with this incident? That's new.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #90
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
That's the real red flag, even with his Dad as chaperone he forgets his drivers license ... he probably doesn't even know where it is .. and speeds on top of it. Though it shouldn't be necessary .. why did dear 'ole Dad not tell his idiot son to SLOW DOWN you moron, the whole world is just waiting for you to **** up again!

Not a good sign for Von even though the infraction is minor, he obviously is a clueless kid.

He is gonna have to break the all time sack record in only 10 games and lead us to a SB win before he starts to regain any of the lost luster that has flamed out so quickly for this guy!
Forgets his license? He doesn't have one. It says "suspended or revoked". That means its not a situation where he left it at home. He simply doesn't have one.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #91
yerner
Ring of Famer

I'm still a fan. But you do have to wonder about this guys ego and feeling of invincibility. He certainly hasn't been made aware of the real possibility that this success he's had can really go away just as fast as it came. And when the take back the money he's made it's going to be tragic for his family.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #92
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

All this because of driving with a suspended license and speeding?
I mean, he's not beating women, not cutting his arm up "slipping on a McDonald's wrapper", it's speeding, not making way for an emergency vehicle. He probably got his license suspended due to the warrant for not appearing in court for the first violation, but this is minor stuff. If he's out getting DUI's, etc, thats one thing to me. But this, meh.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #93
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
You don't get it so ill spell it out...

It could be jay walking on 16th street while carrying his dad, that's not the point. The concern is he is already in trouble but continues to put himself in situations that anyone else would stop and say "hmm not a good idea, I better not".
Everyone gets it. It's obvious and not rocket science. What is to some of you, is perspective.

Is it stupid that he's driving with a suspended license? Yeah.

But, he got pulled over while driving with his dad and was given a ticket. Not arrested.

Those are really the only details that are relevant. Regardless if he had his license or not, he would have still gotten a ticket. That's the point.

When you look at the bigger picture, it's really not a big deal and players across the league and athletes get into this type of **** all the time...it's just Von miller's status and his recent run in with the law causing this to be reported as a story.

Remember Julius Thomas story coming out about his failure to appear in court?

Yeah, you would have never heard of that if the Von Miller situation never happened.

Perspective people. Like I said, if some of you were judged like this on a daily basis, you'd probably struggle to survive.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #94
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
All this because of driving with a suspended license and speeding?
I mean, he's not beating women, not cutting his arm up "slipping on a McDonald's wrapper", it's speeding, not making way for an emergency vehicle. He probably got his license suspended due to the warrant for not appearing in court for the first violation, but this is minor stuff. If he's out getting DUI's, etc, thats one thing to me. But this, meh.
Not trying to be an ass here whatsoever, but if him continuing to make poor decisions is "meh" to you...wow. It's not what he did here, it's that he's too stupid to lay low even in the most minor of situations.

It's like lying. If you are willing to tell minor "white lies" then you won't hesitate to lie about something pretty big.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #95
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I think it's been well established that Von seems to have a fun personality and is a good kid at heart, but he's not the brightest star in the sky. Might be time to hire a Dez nanny.
This deserves its own thread.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #96
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

If my multi-million dollar career was on the line (not to mention, advertising bucks), I'd hire a driver for thirty five grand a year and write it off as an expense.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #97
Action

What funny is how many of you are making so many assumptions on the situation without knowing the full details...

None of us know the full details as to why he did it.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #98
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Not trying to be an ass here whatsoever, but if him continuing to make poor decisions is "meh" to you...wow. It's not what he did here, it's that he's too stupid to lay low even in the most minor of situations.

It's like lying. If you are willing to tell minor "white lies" then you won't hesitate to lie about something pretty big.
Everybody freakin speeds though. Geez. It's speeding, something that is pretty rare to get given how much we spend driving each day.
I doubt he thinks "Hey, I got away with speeding so I'm going to go drive drunk"
I guess people just are assuming if he's driving with a suspended license while speeding, that means he's going to go drunk driving, or get some crack, go get some prostitutes, beat up women, etc.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #99
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
What funny is how many of you are making so many assumptions on the situation without knowing the full details...

You're right, perhaps this was some sort of political statement or something.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #100
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post

I'm going to guess he wasn't taking his dad to the emergency room or that it wasn't an emergency situation where he was forced to drive.