The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #226
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Well, that's not where you wanna be, Champ...
Look at Champ with the Rahim Moore coverage!!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #227
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Look at Champ with the Rahim Moore coverage!!
When we heard Champ would be working with Rahim Moore this offseason, this isn't what we had in mind...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #228
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
When we heard Champ would be working with Rahim Moore this offseason, this isn't what we had in mind...
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #229
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That screen cap is a perfect picture of what makes Demaryius and Peyton so dangerous:

1. The throw comes approximately 2 seconds after the snap and Bailey has press coverage.
2. Champ lets Demaryius take the sideline so it can let him work inside-out.
3. High-pointing a ball is PARAMOUNT to a secondary, but because of Demaryius' size, Bailey has to "choke-up" on the coverage when he sees the throw and try to high point the ball a little early.
4. The end result is being hilariously out of position and a walk-in TD for Demaryius.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #230
huh??
Back in the 5280!

...pretty good at lurking.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

DT stayed after practice to get in additional catches in. Practiced some "stretch and reach" stuff.
huh?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #231
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That screen cap is a perfect picture of what makes Demaryius and Peyton so dangerous:

1. The throw comes approximately 2 seconds after the snap and Bailey has press coverage.
2. Champ lets Demaryius take the sideline so it can let him work inside-out.
3. High-pointing a ball is PARAMOUNT to a secondary, but because of Demaryius' size, Bailey has to "choke-up" on the coverage when he sees the throw and try to high point the ball a little early.
4. The end result is being hilariously out of position and a walk-in TD for Demaryius.
That is one aspect of why Thomas and Manning work so well, the other is of course Thomas' size and power with the ball. Manning knows all he has to do is get Thomas the ball with space to move and it could be going for 6 regardless where on the field the catch is made.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #232
TonyR
Franchise Poster

DT with the 3rd best regular season by a WR since 2008 according to these PFF metrics (which could be garbage but don't shoot the messenger):

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ide-receivers/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #233
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Demaryius Thomas becoming a 'Juggernaut' for Broncos

Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports 9:29 p.m. EDT July 28, 2013

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Peyton Manning lofted a pass down the left side of the Denver Broncos practice field Sunday and barely had to watch it as landed in Demaryius Thomas' hands.

Thomas had split two defensive backs and, though a whistle blew, didn't slow, sprinting 30 more yards to the end zone. As he turned around to make his way back to the huddle, he turned to a group of observers and smiled.

"They didn't make that tackle," Thomas said.

It was the type of play that Thomas made over and over in private workouts this spring with an elite group of NFL wide receivers, including Calvin Johnson and A.J. Green.

"I want to be one of those guys that isn't forgotten once I'm done. That's my main thing," Thomas told USA TODAY Sports.

Wide receivers, perhaps more than players at other positions, make their mark through statistics. Yet Thomas is preparing for the possibility that his individual numbers might go down in 2013 from the 94 catches and 1,434 yards and 10 touchdowns he recorded last season.

This is Thomas' new challenge in Denver, balancing the desire to become one of the game's elite wide receivers while sharing an offensive huddle with other big-name talents in Wes Welker and Eric Decker

But Thomas is the true No.1 receiver, the one with the best combination of size (6-3 and 229 pounds), power to throw a vicious stiff-arm and speed to outrun just about any NFL defensive back.

Gase coached quarterbacks for Detroit in 2007 when the Lions used the No.2 draft pick on Johnson. He whole-heartedly approves of his new star pupil spending his offseason training with Johnson. As Thomas develops as a route-runner (he had a limited base to work with when he arrived from Georgia Tech) Gase hopes other parts of Johnson's game are rubbing off on Thomas.

"The one thing from my experience around Calvin was just how he had the confidence to just go and get the ball," Gase said. "That's the one thing I'm sure (Thomas) is trying to work on, stretching the field and just being able to attack the ball. It's not an easy thing to do. You've got a guy draped on you and you're trying to catch while running full-speed. It's one thing you've got to develop and fight through some of the frustrations so that can happen."

Thomas was a redshirt freshman at Georgia Tech in 2006 when Johnson was in his final collegiate season. Thomas was the tag-along kid brother who watched everything Johnson did, and then tried to do the same.

"I'm trying to be better than him, and I'm trying to get where he's at, because I feel like he's the best in the game," Thomas said.

Seven years later, it hasn't changed all that much, though Thomas has certainly begun to close the gap between him and his mentor.

"Him, A.J. (Green), the guys we work out, those guys are trying to come get me, trying to be the top in the league, as they should," Johnson said last week about Thomas.

While working out in Atlanta and Los Angeles, where he caught passes from New York Jets' quarterback Mark Sanchez and went through cardio sessions on the beach, Thomas dropped nearly nine pounds and weighed in at 226 pounds when he arrived for training camp. He's hoping to play at 222 pounds this season, and said he already feels faster.

His teammates notice a difference.

"When he goes out here to work, you would think he had never made a catch in his life, or he's a free agent or something," said teammate Andre Caldwell. "He's a big guy, but has the speed of a little guy, and when he gets the ball, we call him 'Juggernaut' (based on the X-Men character) because he can't be tackled."

for the rest: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...oncos/2594359/

From 06-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Love it when fellow Bronco fans have nothing better to do than to insult me.

On topic. Demaryius is on the cusp of having an epic season, Manning has never had a receiver the caliber of Thomas. Look for him to shatter all previous receiving records and be placed in the patheon of alltime Bronco greats.

Book it!

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #234
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

https://vine.co/v/hJ6pb229wd5

Old 09-06-2013, 02:05 AM   #235
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

He is unreal, that speed and size is just not right - nobody that big should move like that.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #236
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
He is unreal, that speed and size is just not right - nobody that big should move like that.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #237
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
what...she...said.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #238
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Demaryius Thomas has physical ability for Broncos that others dream of

"When I was 238 pounds, I ran a 4.38," said the 6-foot-3 Thomas of his time in the 40-yard dash, a clocking most cornerbacks would be thrilled to run.

"His size and strength and speed allow you to do certain things with him that other players just can't do," Manning said.

"Once I got in the NFL, I was having a conversation with Brian Dawkins and he was telling me, 'You've got to take care of your body,' " Thomas said. "You've got to stay on it, you've got to get massages, you've got to get in the cold tub. You've got to do all of that. And the main thing he said is you've got to watch what you eat."

All of that has led to this: Thomas is in the best shape of his career. He is taking care of a body that is his biggest advantage.

"And I can run, and also when I run my routes, most big guys can't stop," Thomas said. "I've been working on it so much that now I'm able to stop, shift my weight and drop my weight, and that's one of the main things. Then, when I get the ball in my hands, I feel like I'm explosive. I try to make things happen, and most of the time I do."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...os-that-others
Old 09-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #239
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

That's called not even having to know how to set up your blocks. With speed like that, just get the F out of the way........hahaha
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #240
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
That's called not even having to know how to set up your blocks. With speed like that, just get the F out of the way........hahaha

He just walks away from all the defenders....lol

Old 09-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #241
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Thank you Josh McDaniels...

(Ducks)
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #242
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Thank you Josh McDaniels...

(Ducks)

Really?

Old 09-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #243
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
His speed when he gets going still surprises me, he a fast mofo.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #244
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Is there anybody who still doesn't think this guy is a top 5 WR in the league? Seriously, what doesn't the man do that the best guys do? He catches 1 handers, his foot work is most impressive on the sidelines and endzone. His hands suck in footballs like black holes suck in matter. He makes hard catches look easy. He's huge. He's blazing fast. He blocks well. He runs routes well. He breaks tackles well. He herks and jerks and makes em miss. He's unselfish. He's a team guy. He doesn't have off the field issues.

So to those here who've said that Dez is going to be better, forget that BS. He's doing the same things Megatron is doing right now. He's doing the same things Fitz was doing 5 years ago. If you don't think DT is a top 5 WR you're an idiot.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:43 AM   #245
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
So to those here who've said that Dez is going to be better, forget that BS. He's doing the same things Megatron is doing right now. He's doing the same things Fitz was doing 5 years ago. If you don't think DT is a top 5 WR you're an idiot.
Dez might be top 5 also.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #246
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Yeah...But McDaniel's was able to not only get us DT, He was also able to get us Tebow
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #247
Tim

Quote:
[/URL]

After watching that 10 times Matt Elam showed why he shouldn't have been a 1st rounder.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #248
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Nvm
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #249
Bacchus

Quote:

Look at this play, look where Beadles is at. He is the fastest guard on the team and this is what he gives Denver.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #250
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Yeah...But McDaniel's was able to not only get us DT, He was also able to get us Tebow
and Richard Quinn and Alphonso Smith and the list goes on. He got lucky on a couple of picks out of the boatload he received for Cutler and Marshall. Good for him, I hope he dies.