The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #126
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Didn't have a chance to post how pleased I was with Mike MacIntyre's debut with the Buffs. I think Connor Wood is the real deal. So are Paul Richardson and DD Goodson. Nelson Spruce was a nice surprise. So is the freshman kicker. On D, Addison Gilliam had an amazing game at OLB for a freshman. All in all an impressive kick off game for a totally new team with a new coaching staff. Obviously, they have as many holes as a swiss cheese and will get face washed by any of the top 25 teams, but it was a much better debut than I expected.
It was a nice game. Too bad they're going to get trucked by the purple bears this weekend.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #127
Agamemnon

Quote:
Didn't have a chance to post how pleased I was with Mike MacIntyre's debut with the Buffs. I think Connor Wood is the real deal. So are Paul Richardson and DD Goodson. Nelson Spruce was a nice surprise. So is the freshman kicker. On D, Addison Gilliam had an amazing game at OLB for a freshman. All in all an impressive kick off game for a totally new team with a new coaching staff. Obviously, they have as many holes as a swiss cheese and will get face washed by any of the top 25 teams, but it was a much better debut than I expected.
I'm still in shock that the Buffaloes actually whooped another Division I team. That's a pretty awesome start for a coach that just took over what I honestly thought was the worst team in the country last year.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #128
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Req is probably still cleaning up his splooge after watching Jameis Winston's college debut: 25/27 for 356 yards and 4 TDs with 0 INTs....throw in 25 yards and a TD rushing.

Awesome first game....dude plays close to that on a weekly basis and Florida State is going to be tough to beat.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #129
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
It was a nice game. Too bad they're going to get trucked by the purple bears this weekend.
Since I don't even know who they are I'll have to hold my tongue on that one.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #130
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

SoCals picks week 2

(2) Oregon 34 Virginia 14- Virginia is ok at home and had a nice win over BYU but Mike London doesn't have the horses to keep up here.
(3) Ohio State 52 San Diego St. 10- OSU had more issues than expected against Buffalo. This will be easier.
(4) Clemson 56 South Carolina St. 7- Rape.
(5) Stanford 31 San Jose St. 10- a little less scoring than people might think.
(11) Georgia 27 (6) South Carolina 17- Georgia won't lose t home to go 0-2. Gurley and Murray are too good for that.
(7) Texas A&M 52 Sam Houston St. 20- Johnny DBag could have more unsportsmanlike penalties than Sam Houston St. Has TDs although they did score a ton vs. a Division like III team last week.
(8) Louisville 51 E. Kentucky 16- Louisville continues its march to the Orange Bowl by going undefeated against garbage teams.
(9) LSU 37 UAB 7- LSU offense was better than I thought last week.
(13) Oklahoma State 42 UTSA 10- Larry Coker in for a rude awakening.
(17) Michigan 24 (14) Notre Dame 14- After a fast start ND was kinda punchless on offense against Temple. Michigan should win this game if they can get into the mid 20s.
(15) Texas 35 BYU 17- Sorry Khan. If you can't beat UVA you won't beat Texas, hot Mormon women notwithstanding.
(16) Oklahoma 31 West Virginia 17- WVU really unimpressive last week.
(19) Northwestern 24 Syracuse 22- Syracuse is a good team but have had a tough schedule the first two weeks.
(21) Wisconsin 49, Tenn. Tech 3- Wisconsins schedule so far is softer than Louisvilles...damn.
(22) Nebraska 45, Southern Miss 17- DBs team won't be as ****ty as they looked last week on defense.
(23) Baylor 44, Buffalo 23- Seastrunk won't win the Heisman but he is fun to watch. Have always been an Art Briles fan since he was coaching at Houston.
(24, AP) TCU 41, SE Louisiana 7- impressed with TCU in their loss to LSU last week.
(25) USC 24, Wash. St.23- I wouldn't be surprised if SC lost. They looked like hot garbage in a 30-13 win against lowly Hawaii and WSU played well at Auburn. This will be an all out war in SCs home opener. They look like a 5-6 loss team again. If this was in Pullman, I'd confidently go with Washington St. It's SCs home opener, so it could go either way.

And now for the big game

(12) Florida at (24, Coaches Poll) Miami (Fla.)

After watching one week of football, I think Miami is in 1999. In other words, we are becoming more talented and explosive offensively but not consistent quite yet and on defense we are going from awful to decent, rather than decent to really good. there are alot of parallels with 99 on this club. There is a ton of talent on offense, but we left 18 points on the field last week on offense with 2 dropped TDs and a 4th down stuff on the goal line. I said before the season we would be 10-2 or 9-3. I'm gonna stick with 9-3 and this is one of the 3. Miami's offensive line will probably have 3 draftees this year but the sum is less than the individual pieces. They had some SY issues with FAU that they shouldn't have had. UFs defensive line might be the best in college. Dominique Easley is going to give Shane McDermott a hell of a time. They get Morrison and Purifoy back as well. Miami needs to throw more to Coley and Waters as well as alot of TE usage. Duke Johnson is the best player on the field for either team but UF will load the box to stop him. We gotta make them pay. It is a tough defense to move the ball on..esp with those 2 guys back for them.

Fortunately, UFs offense is really mediocre. They can't throw at all, except maybe to Trey Burton out of the backfield. Miami's defense is significantly better than last year. I expect them to hold UF in check. Key is whether our offense turns it over and puts the D in a bad spot, which I expect to happen at least once. We need to stop the run on first down and get off the field on 3rd down. UF held it for 40 mins vs Toledo. That cannot happen here if we want to win. They get Matt Jones back so their run game will be better, but their OL is in shambles. Miami will win if they don't commit any turnovers and stay on the field close to or at 30 minutes and hold the run in check. All 3 are needed. Getting Deon Bush back will help. It will be a low scoring game. I just think UF is a little deeper, especially on defense. If they force Morris into some dumb throws we will be behind the 8 ball. This will be like the Penn St. Game in 1999,.....very competitive and entertaining, but ultimately we will end up a little bit short as we are 1-2 years of more good classes away from being at the top of the mountain again.

Jort wearing mullet sportin incest practicin rednecks 24, America's Finest 17

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 09-04-2013 at 10:41 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #131
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Since I don't even know who they are I'll have to hold my tongue on that one.
It's the purple bears of Central Arkansas. Responsible for such memorable football moments as:

- Scottie Pippen once came to a game
- Uhm....this.

I actually went to college there. I'm going to up to Boulder this weekend decked out in purple. It's going to be amazing.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #132
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
America's Finest 17

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #133
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

FIU started it.

Go adjust your jorts, 24.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #134
Agamemnon

Quote:
It's the purple bears of Central Arkansas. Responsible for such memorable football moments as:

- Uhm....this.

I actually went to college there. I'm going to up to Boulder this weekend decked out in purple. It's going to be amazing.
That field...
Old 09-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #135
Agamemnon

Quote:
FIU started it.

Who gives a **** who started it? Both teams totally crossed the line you dumbass. Take your fan blinders off.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:38 AM   #136
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

- Uhm....this.

Since that's your alma mater I won't make any comments about that field.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #137
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
FIU started it.

America's finest throwing their helmets around and stomping on opposing players knees.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #138
Blighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Who gives a **** who started it? Both teams totally crossed the line you dumbass. Take your fan blinders off.
When players start stamping on or kicking each other then I'm not sure anyone can claim innocence.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #139
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

It doesn't matter....that was years ago....it wouldn't happen under Golden, only Uncle Fester.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #140
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

USC gets complete control of the Coliseum.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...oming/related/

Finally, one of the grand dames of national sports history in America will be restored.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #141
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
SoCals picks week 2
(8) Louisville 51 E. Kentucky 16- Louisville continues its march to the Orange Bowl by going undefeated against garbage teams.
I think it's amazing Louisville can potentially build another BCS bowl game, Bridgewater can make a Heisman run (though not get it) and set himself up for a top 5-10 draft position by not playing a single ranked opponent this year. They REALLY need to revisit that auto BCS bid for the Big East.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #142
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

So far we are playing well, but that blocked punt hurts and the run D is problematic. I'm still not confident but so far they are playing hard.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #143
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Come on offense....D is showing alot of heart but they are going to tire....more points,

Old 09-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #144
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Defense is playing with a ton of heart but as expected UF is playing ball control and we are getting tired because they've been on the field for 70 percent of the half.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #145
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Miami 14 Florida 6

halftime.

D forced another turnover. This reminds me of Floridas game against Texas A and M last year when A and M was ahead but UF held the ball and wore them down in the second half. Right now our defense is getting EXHAUSTED. They have been out there 22 of the 30 minutes. They still forced 3 turnovers.

We need to score on that first possession after a 6 minute drive to force them to pass and not run as much.

I'm very proud of the heart we are showing so far, especially on defense, but we are getting worn down. Offense needs to go on a long drive and score points. A TD would be huge....otherwise they will beat us because those 3-4 yard runs will become 10 yards when the D is tired.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #146
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I think it's amazing Louisville can potentially build another BCS bowl game, Bridgewater can make a Heisman run (though not get it) and set himself up for a top 5-10 draft position by not playing a single ranked opponent this year. They REALLY need to revisit that auto BCS bid for the Big East.
Bridgewater is probably the #2 pick behind Clowney.

Also, what the heck is with the two cheap shots in the Florida-Miami game?

The first one by Burton on the Miami player was ridiculous, and thought it was kinda piss poor that Muschamp had him back out there for the next play. Could have severely injured the Miami player.

The other one by the Miami WR on the Florida defender, not as bad, but still. No reason for that.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #147
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

22 to 8 in time of possession is not good. We need a long scoring drive now or else we will get run over in the 2nd half.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #148
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Gators D looking good to start the second half. Can't believe with all the miscues that we're only down 8.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #149
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

We're in trouble.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #150
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Driskel needs to audible when he sees Miami stack up against the run.