The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #26
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
He was always going to take some time to develop.

He did some good things. Led 2 TD drives.

Which is about how many TDs KC scored in its first 4 games.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #27
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Rex is looking at Beck and Leinart? I'd love for John Beck to get another shot. Even if it is for Rex Ryan's swan song.
I want Leinhart to get a shot. He has improved a lot since his run ins with Arizona. He needs to rebrand himself, which since he is out of the limelight, has probably done so. I have seen him in preseason games in the last few years and he is much better.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #28
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
Rex Ryan has got to be the dumbest coach in the NFL.

There is literally nothing positive that can come from putting Sanchez in when he did.

Was he hoping for him to suck too, so he'd have an excuse to start Smith anyway? Or for him to play well against 4th stringers? What would that have proved?

Just plain dumb.
Only because Josh McDaniels is no longer coaching.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #29
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I want Leinhart to get a shot. He has improved a lot since his run ins with Arizona. He needs to rebrand himself, which since he is out of the limelight, has probably done so. I have seen him in preseason games in the last few years and he is much better.
He can "rebrand" himself all he wants but he's still not a NFL starting caliber QB.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #30
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
He can "rebrand" himself all he wants but he's still not a NFL starting caliber QB.
WHo says he needs to be except in NY if Sanchez is hurt for the beginning of the season. BTW, he can't be much worse.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #31
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Almost a Tebow-Orton situation - Sanchez is useless so if I were a Jets fan I'd much rather see Smith play - granted he's been awful but at least there is potential for him to be decent in the future - commiting to Sanchize is a commitment to failure
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #32
Bacchus

I am counting on Ivory to stay healthy this year. I'm going to draft him in FF and hope the Jets do the ground and pound this year.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #33
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

The Jets are going to give the Raiders, Jags and Cards a run for their money in the race for number one.

Draft pick.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #34
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
The Jets are going to give the Raiders, Jags and Cards a run for their money in the race for number one.

Draft pick.
It's only preseason, but it does seem like there is going to be a wider distance between the good and even average teams and the terrible ones. The Cards, Bills, Jags, Raiders and Jets look like they are going to be historically terrible.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #35
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
Almost a Tebow-Orton situation - Sanchez is useless so if I were a Jets fan I'd much rather see Smith play - granted he's been awful but at least there is potential for him to be decent in the future - commiting to Sanchize is a commitment to failure
Orton and Sanchez are very similar -- each spins it very well, and grasps the offense well. They look polished in practice and at times in games. But each is lacking that extra something that makes one an effective competitor -- rising the occasion, digging down and coming up with a clutch, winning play. Orton and Sanchez will break your heart almost every time.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #36
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Orton and Sanchez are very similar -- each spins it very well, and grasps the offense well. They look polished in practice and at times in games. But each is lacking that extra something that makes one an effective competitor -- rising the occasion, digging down and coming up with a clutch, winning play. Orton and Sanchez will break your heart almost every time.
It is the speed they struggle with. Sanchez especially struggles when there is pressure on him quickly - he needs to be able to go through his reads at his own pace, under pressure he panics and just looks bad.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #37
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Smith is still better Sanchez. He's a young and raw talent who you can mold. Sanchez is known to be pure crap.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #38
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Mark Sanchez is injured, Geno Smith sucks big hairy donkey balls and Rex Ryan will get what he deserves at some point during the season - I am expecting around week 11.
I think it will be much earlier than that. Especially if he continues to act like a fool with the media.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #39
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think it will be much earlier than that. Especially if he continues to act like a fool with the media.
After that clip of him the other day, he's been worn down and beaten. Someone will pick him up to coach defense next year, which is where he belongs right now.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #40
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I wish that Pioli and Romeo were still in kFc, I would have loved seeing them trying to develop Geno!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #41
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Smith is still better Sanchez. He's a young and raw talent who you can mold. Sanchez is known to be pure crap.
He needs to sit. Sanchez would've been that guy to take a beating, then slowly bring Smith along. The new GM is a moron wanting to play him when he's not ready.

The Luck/Wilson/RG3 instant success is rare. Gabbert and the lists goes on and on where QB's should have sat and watch.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #42
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I am counting on Ivory to stay healthy this year. I'm going to draft him in FF and hope the Jets do the ground and pound this year.
You would be better off drafting CJ Anderson
Old 08-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #43
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
He needs to sit. Sanchez would've been that guy to take a beating, then slowly bring Smith along. The new GM is a moron wanting to play him when he's not ready.

The Luck/Wilson/RG3 instant success is rare. Gabbert and the lists goes on and on where QB's should have sat and watch.
I don't think the new GM is hoping for Luck/Wilson/RG3 success.
He had to keep Rex for a year. Starting off with a guy you want is almost always what a new GM does if the incumbent starting QB isn't a franchise guy.

If he gets his guy and can bring him along while also getting rid of a coach he doesn't really want then it's a win win for him.
If Rex helps develop him and elevate the team then it's even better. Because then he can say he wanted Rex all along and that he just needed to make sure they were on the same page.

No GM wants to have Sanchez as their QB, especially not on his contract.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #44
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I wish that Pioli and Romeo were still in kFc, I would have loved seeing them trying to develop Geno!
Pioli would have never picked Geno. He didn't like picking any QB in the first round, ever.

He would have taken Luke Joeckel.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote