The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #51
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So, in other words, he did what every Broncos fan watching the game did...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #52
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

So how does Joe Flacco have this insight? This has to be Dumerville or Stokely and my guess is Dumerville.

Also, Flacco sure does seem to have this John Rocker / Kenny Powers vibe as of late. He probably should just shut up.
Wes Mantooth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #53
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
So how does Joe Flacco have this insight? This has to be Dumerville or Stokely and my guess is Dumerville.

Also, Flacco sure does seem to have this John Rocker / Kenny Powers vibe as of late. He probably should just shut up.
Has to be Doom. Stokes and Peyton are close friends.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #54
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
F Joe Flacco. He's about to be very acquainted with the green field of Mile High...
I don't think so, we couldn't get to him with Von and Doom, I just hope Moore backs up about 10 yards deeper than he did last time we played them.

Flacco may be able to chuck it deep but he doesn't have Boldin or Pita to bail him out when he needs a big 3rd down pick up.

I just hope we can score 45 on their D.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #55
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I don't think so, we couldn't get to him with Von and Doom, I just hope Moore backs up about 10 yards deeper than he did last time we played them.

Flacco may be able to chuck it deep but he doesn't have Boldin or Pita to bail him out when he needs a big 3rd down pick up.

No one could with a line that is never called for holding.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #56
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

Not likely. I've said before, I think their D will be better than last year.

Healthy Ngata, healthy Suggs, Webb is back, and oh yeah, they took Doom from us.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #57
Agamemnon

I still think it's funny that Joe Flacco's mediocrity nearly caused the ravens to miss the playoffs last year, but because he got hot for a few games in the playoffs (and had some guys performing miracles for him every game let's be honest) now he's a great QB.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #58
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Not likely. I've said before, I think their D will be better than last year.

Healthy Ngata, healthy Suggs, Webb is back, and oh yeah, they took Doom from us.

Their defense is not going to be better without Ray Lewis. What are you smoking?
Old 08-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #59
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post

Their defense is not going to be better without Ray Lewis. What are you smoking?
And Ed Reeeeeeed.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #60
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
That's just cause he's used to being the one who would F up during games.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #61
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

There was a very telling moment from last year's Carolina game. NFL films caught an exchange on the sidelines between Omar Bolden and Manning, where Bolden was teasing him about his awkward slide. Peyton took it in stride.

Bolden is basically the 53rd man on the roster. If people walked "on eggshells" around Peyton, the 53rd guy on the roster NEVER says that to him.

Flacco is a dooshbag.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #62
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBluTurf View Post
The idea the the NFL has credibility with fans is as absurd as the conspiracy theory your arguing against.
You guys are all idiots if you really believe the NFL rigged it for the Ravens to win. Even if they did rig for storylines, which they don't, why the F would they pick the Ravens storyline? Its not even interesting.

Wouldn't Manning hurting his neck, only to take a new team to a super bowl be a much better story?
Old 08-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #63
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I don't agree with you.
If you watch those games, you will clearly see that the ref's are favoring Ravens.
I agree that we also made mistakes(coaches as well as players).
But, it's tough to win when you are playing against refs.
It was very poorly officiated, but did the league tell Rahim Moore to **** up too?

Its absurd.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #64
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I agree with him that their D might be better. Definitely younger and faster. They added Chris Canty and Marcus Spears to their DL; at LB they added Doom, Daryl Smith, and drafted Arthur Brown; at S they got Michael Huff and drafted Matt Elam; and Suggs, Lardarius Webb and Ngata will all be healthy unlike last year. Everybody talks about them losing Ray Lewis and Ed Reed but they were both old and in decline. Dismiss this defense at your peril.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #65
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It was very poorly officiated, but did the league tell Rahim Moore to **** up too?

Its absurd.
Nope, but they did allow Ravens receivers to spear Champ Bailey in the chest to create separation, and screen Decker allowing a pick-6.

Following the game, the league defended the calls the refs made. Only give was that it was "tough" game to call.

your assumption that the refs cannot / did not sway the game is the only absurdity.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #66
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Someone remind Joe Flaccid that average quarterbacks get streaky and lucky and that doesn't make them any different from their prior average-ness.

Dude's becoming a total cum absorbent waffle stomper
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #67
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Manning live interview at 2:20 mountain time on espn.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #68
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Nope, but they did allow Ravens receivers to spear Champ Bailey in the chest to create separation, and screen Decker allowing a pick-6.

Following the game, the league defended the calls the refs made. Only give was that it was "tough" game to call.

your assumption that the refs cannot / did not sway the game is the only absurdity.
Im not saying the refs COULDNT sway a game. I'm saying it wasnt some grand NFL conspiracy behind it. The calls didn't go our way. But i sincerely doubt its because the NFL was hellbent on the Ravens winning the superbowl
Old 08-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #69
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:

Are you serious? Ray Lewis who is a shell of his former self and nearly 40 years old?

Ngata is 100% Suggs is 100%.....remember that Suggs was DPOY the last time he was 100%. Throw in Webb and Doom.

Their defense will be better.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #70
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
I agree with him that their D might be better. Definitely younger and faster. They added Chris Canty and Marcus Spears to their DL; at LB they added Doom, Daryl Smith, and drafted Arthur Brown; at S they got Michael Huff and drafted Matt Elam; and Suggs, Lardarius Webb and Ngata will all be healthy unlike last year. Everybody talks about them losing Ray Lewis and Ed Reed but they were both old and in decline. Dismiss this defense at your peril.
Exactly.

Oh.....but wait.....their defense was only good because of 38 year old Ray Lewis.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #71
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Are you serious? Ray Lewis who is a shell of his former self and nearly 40 years old?

Ngata is 100% Suggs is 100%.....remember that Suggs was DPOY the last time he was 100%. Throw in Webb and Doom.

Their defense will be better.
Baltimore is going to have an interesting decision to make. If I'm not mistaken, they've only been playing Doom on passing downs. But considering Denver's offensive pace, they are either gonna have to play him every down or no downs. My guess is every, but perhaps that gives Denver an advantage when running to his side.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #72
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It's more of the leadership aspect to go along with all the new faces. It causes problems. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they are better this year if for no other reason than they were pretty mediocre last year. At the same time I don't see them being a dominant defense either.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #73
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

One thing is for sure we should be able to exploit Doom's weaknesses.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #74
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Im not saying the refs COULDNT sway a game. I'm saying it wasnt some grand NFL conspiracy behind it. The calls didn't go our way. But i sincerely doubt its because the NFL was hellbent on the Ravens winning the superbowl
The fact that they did win the Superbowl is proof. lol. All kidding aside, the calls were very one-sided in that game. There were at least 3-4 major plays in that game that really made it hard for us to compete.

One very disturbing fact that I still find annoying: The Ref crews are all star crews. That was their second week working together.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #75
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
agree.
IF there was a fix it was done in Vegas, Atlantic city, New York.
It would be interesting to find out what the total book was on that game.
driver is offline   Reply With Quote