The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #26
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

I am not a big fan of Flacco, but he makes a good point, one that Nalen had made in recent weeks.

Manning is football all the time and even in the locker room. Nalen points out that there has to be some downtime, especially in the locker room, otherwise guys are just to wound up.

I think both Flacco and Nalen make good points. Nalen has won two rings and is worth listening to.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #27
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Is there a more boring player that does more to not be boring than Joe Flacco? I've never seen someone so monumentally boring who tries, and has done more to be interesting than Joe Flacco and yet he fails miserably.

He's like those goth kids in school who in elementary school were boring and so during adolescence they made themselves look like Marilyn Manson vomited a vampire-Edward scissorhands hybrid. And they look really different, but really they are still incredibly boring people trying in all the wrong ways to not be boring.

That is Joe Flacco - whether he's whining about being noticed, winning super bowls or whining about other players - he's still boring.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #28
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post
I am not a big fan of Flacco, but he makes a good point, one that Nalen had made in recent weeks.

Manning is football all the time and even in the locker room. Nalen points out that there has to be some downtime, especially in the locker room, otherwise guys are just to wound up.

I think both Flacco and Nalen make good points. Nalen has won two rings and is worth listening to.
Yeah let's put that to bed right now. Manning is a hard ass when it comes to football and specifically when it comes to practice and doing what you're supposed to. He is also the biggest prankster on the team and regularly gets his teammates together for fun events that have nothing to do with football. So this idea that Manning is Dean Wormer is a bunch of crap.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #29
Bacchus

What player feels better about himself.

The player that gets yelled at by Manning when he messes up then gets praised and high fived by Manning when he does great.

Or the guy that messes up and Flacco says "its cool bro"
Old 08-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #30
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Joe Flacco should thank Ray Lewis..Once Lewis announced his retirement, NFL made sure that the Ravens win the SB.
SD game, our game are the prime examples how ref's can manipulate the game.
I hope we win SB this time and defeat ravens in this process.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #31
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Joe Flacco should thank Ray Lewis..Once Lewis announced his retirement, NFL made sure that the Ravens win the SB.
My favorite nonsensical conspiracy theory returns!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #32
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post

for once, you finally post something I can agree with.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #33
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
did you watch the game?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #34
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
I don't necessarily agree with teh conspiracy theory, but there were a lot of things that "just happened" to go the Ravens way in that playoff and super bowl run.

Art dies
Lewis announces his retirement (after being the star of the opening credits of Madden)
All the calls they got during the season (that conversion against the Chargers where they were about a foot short; they don't win that game, they don't make the playoffs)
The calls they got in that playoff game against us. Their line doesn't allow a single sack but they also don't get called for a single hold? Get the **** out.
The calls they got in the Super Bowl?

There's a lot of "wow, that's some home cookin'" in the Ravens season.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #35
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
I don't necessarily agree with teh conspiracy theory, but there were a lot of things that "just happened" to go the Ravens way in that playoff and super bowl run.

Art dies
Lewis announces his retirement (after being the star of the opening credits of Madden)
All the calls they got during the season (that conversion against the Chargers where they were about a foot short; they don't win that game, they don't make the playoffs)
The calls they got in that playoff game against us. Their line doesn't allow a single sack but they also don't get called for a single hold? Get the **** out.
The calls they got in the Super Bowl?

There's a lot of "wow, that's some home cookin'" in the Ravens season.
I agree, it was the perfect storm in that playoff game. NOTHING went out way and we still should have won.

I would like to point out though that even if they had lost that game against SD where Rice was short of the first down they still make the playoffs. They would have been 9-7.

You got me all riled up when you said that, I was gonna freak if that would have kept them out of the playoffs.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #36
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post
I don't know, he seems like a bit of a goofball off the field. Like, sure he's intense about training, film, etc. But he seems to know how to keep things loose in the locker room.

Flacco seems to view himself as the "cool" "chill" QB that guys like to play with because he's not a hardass. He's not like those other dads! But there's not a man in that Baltimore locker room that wouldn't ship his ass out in a second if they could play with Peyton, occasional mean words and all.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #37
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Dude completes a couple of lucky hail marrys and now thinks he can start giving HOF's advice
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #38
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Wow. Joe likes to talk huh?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #39
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
did you watch the game?
The game was poorly officiated but the nfl risking credibility to get a player, not even as popular as PM a ring is absurd. Beyond absurd.

The nfl is, by far, the most popular league in America. You think it needs stories to get viewership?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #40
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
The game was poorly officiated but the nfl risking credibility to get a player, not even as popular as PM a ring is absurd. Beyond absurd.

The nfl is, by far, the most popular league in America. You think it needs stories to get viewership?
It's not about viewership today. It's about viewership (and hero worship) for decades after the fact. The mouth-breathers in Baltimore will be talking about how great it was that Ray was able to go out on top and deliver for his dead boss until the end of time.

And you really think the NFL cares about "credibility"? How does a lack of credibility hurt the league in any way?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #41
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
I don't agree with you.
If you watch those games, you will clearly see that the ref's are favoring Ravens.
I agree that we also made mistakes(coaches as well as players).
But, it's tough to win when you are playing against refs.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #42
DENVERDUI55

Joe Flacco wishes he was half the player Manning is and was respected league wide like PM. Flacco will go back the Mark Sanchez soon enough.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #43
huh??
Back in the 5280!

...pretty good at lurking.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
Dude completes a couple of lucky hail marrys and now thinks he can start giving HOF's advice

I really can't find ANY way to respect that douche.
huh?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #44
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Manning may have his teammates walking on egg shells, but he's got the Broncos fans...

That's right b****es!
I like how the subtitles say "Music" when there is no lyrics!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #45
bombay
Ring of Famer

Joe's the best qb in the world. He told me. So he can say whatever he wants.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #46
BoiseBluTurf
Pro Bowler

Quote:

The idea the the NFL has credibility with fans is as absurd as the conspiracy theory your arguing against.
BoiseBluTurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #47
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:

So, were the Broncos 2 Superbowls just a preconceived narrative to let John Elway ride off into the sunset?

All this time I really thought those teams earned their Super Bowl rings, and there was a greedy corporation pulling puppet strings the whole time. Why do I even watch football? I'm moving to Belgium.

I guess the silver lining is the NFLs inherent last hoorah champion narrative means I will get to see the Broncos win another Super Bowl, because I'll be damned if they don't send the golden boy Peyton Manning off without another ring. On the other hand I will probably have to suffer another Patriots Super Bowl as well. I guess you take the good with the bad, right puppet master Rog?
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #48
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Is Manning really like that? In looking at footage of him, I can't say I've seen him dress guys down in that manner dan marino-style.
He does. Watch the Carolina game from last year. Manning threw a bubble screen to Matt Willis (I think it was a 2nd down play with two or three yards to go for a 1st down), and instead of going straight up the field Willis danced a little bit and was tackled for no gain... Manning immediately started dropping F bombs at him and motioned for him to get off the field.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #49
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
... Manning immediately started dropping F bombs at him and motioned for him to get off the field.
So, in other words, he did what every Broncos fan watching the game did...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #50
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So, in other words, he did what every Broncos fan watching the game did...
I know right? It's about time we had another QB that held people accountable. We get a defender like that, and it's game ****ing on.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote