The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default CJ Anderson says he's getting close?

I'm by no means an expert on twitter, and CJ's comments could literally be merely positive thoughts. But he says he's "getting close" when somebody asked him if he could play this Thursday against the Cardinals.

I thought this was a season ending injury, was I wrong?

I liked how he ran the ball. For such a larger and powerful back, he showed great vision and footwork. We could use this guy.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
SlyEli

it was reported as being anywhere from 2-6 weeks.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Woah! That'd be pretty sweet but lets temper our expectations of his talent level a bit. Lance Ball looked pretty good against backups last week too.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I'd sure rather have him than Lance.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
Shananahan

LANCE BALL HAS OUTPLAYED HIS UDFA STATUS SO LAY OFF ALREADY
Old 08-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #6
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I hope the Broncos can find a way to keep him. I know it was just one preseason game and he was playing against 2nd stringers and all that, but I think he showed enough to potentially keep him on the roster. I wouldn't want him to try and come back too soon. If he plays less than 100%, then how will the Broncos really know what he can do?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I am not really concerned with Ball's draft status.. all i know is that he isnt a very good rb and it would be nice if all of our rbs were capable of at least modest success when toting the rock. Lance has proved that he is not capable of that, CJ has a shot of being better. So for the record im rooting for CJ but with his injury i do think we may be stuck with Ball. Obviously, if Mcgahee were able to swallow his pride and come back in a limited role you could cut them both. Fumbles aside, Mcgahee is a powerful back. No need for hitting homeruns on the ground with Peyton, just get the chunks. Although with the Packers 2nd rb going down i bet they pick him up.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #8
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Nope. Most of Bronco nation can't stand Lance and his running straight into the pile for little gain. No vision. No elusiveness. No power. He does not deserve a position on our roster no matter where he was drafted. I love rooting for the UDFA and I'm pulling for CJ, Larentee and S Johnson this year and loved Nacho coming out of college as well. These are the UDFA's I root for because they have more talent than Lance.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #9
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Lol at the lane hate.

The guy has been a solid #3 and a special teams warrior.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I don't care if it was 2nd string players or not that CJ played against. The dude is 230 pounds and he made some impressive cat like movements out there. He showed really good vision, balance, power etc. It's not like we're talking about a guy who had huge lanes against a 2nd string defense and he was just running wild. He was, in many cases, taking a hand off and literally doing almost everything on this own as there were guys in his face right away. He was making plenty of his yards after contact.

With KM being known for getting injured every 4 or 5 games he plays, and Hillman not really being a lagit every down pounder, I really think it makes sense to keep this guy active and not to stash him on the IR. If they think they can move him to the practice squad, he's gone.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #11
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

If CJ is ready to play by the opener (?) and gets another look this week than Lance will be playing for his NFL life. I doubt he is ready though.

If CJ can't go then we should IR him. He needs more experience and Ball DOES play ST fairly well. On the other hand our ST have really been crap all PS so far. People say its the scrubs that have been playing but I am worried
that it goes deeper than that.

Sure, CJ was playing against second stringers. You forget that he was also playing behind our second and third string O line ( and a banged up one at that) and got positive yardage on virtually every carry. He drove the pile forward when hit. Inserting Lance Ball behind that same line, against the same scrub defense and he got stuffed. And then missed the open cutback lane when it was there to kill a drive.

Lance played fired up against St L last week because his backup job is on the line. He is a good 4th RB, but has NO upside. I'm sure the coaches see CJ as someone that is high upside. It's too bad he got that 2-6 week mcl when he did, just when they were going to move him up for more reps.

But then what injury has been good for the Broncos so far this year?

No matter what, the Broncos need to figure out how to keep Anderson. If that means he has to make the 53 man roster ( even to go IR) than so be it.

It is a problem. I am curious how they will get around it. We have a lot of holes that are going to have to be filled the first few weeks of the regular season.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #12
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Judging on what I've seen the past couple of games, we may need Lance Ball more as a special teamer than we need any of the other running backs.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #13
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
If CJ is ready to play by the opener (?) and gets another look this week than Lance will be playing for his NFL life. I doubt he is ready though.

If CJ can't go then we should IR him. He needs more experience and Ball DOES play ST fairly well. On the other hand our ST have really been crap all PS so far. People say its the scrubs that have been playing but I am worried

Sure, CJ was playing against second stringers. You forget that he was also playing behind our second and third string O line ( and a banged up one at that) and got positive yardage on virtually every carry. He drove the pile forward when hit. Inserting Lance Ball behind that same line, against the same scrub defense and he got stuffed. And then missed the open cutback lane when it was there to kill a drive.

Lance played fired up against St L last week because his backup job is on the line. He is a good 4th RB, but has NO upside. I'm sure the coaches see CJ as someone that is high upside. It's too bad he got that 2-6 week mcl when he did, just when they were going to move him up for more reps.

No matter what, the Broncos need to figure out how to keep Anderson. If that means he has to make the 53 man roster ( even to go IR) than so be it.

It is a problem. I am curious how they will get around it. We have a lot of holes that are going to have to be filled the first few weeks of the regular season.

Well I don't believe it will be the 6 weeks variety. He said he feels great and he's close. I'm thinking it's more like 3-4 weeks.

Special teams is alot about coaching and guys keeping their assignments and not getting out of position. To keep a player because he simply listens to that and does his job there, but sucks at his main position, is no reason to keep that person. I'm sure CJ could fill that role on ST's just fine.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #14
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxman View Post
Nope. Most of Bronco nation can't stand Lance and his running straight into the pile for little gain. No vision. No elusiveness. No power. He does not deserve a position on our roster no matter where he was drafted. I love rooting for the UDFA and I'm pulling for CJ, Larentee and S Johnson this year and loved Nacho coming out of college as well. These are the UDFA's I root for because they have more talent than Lance.
negged
Old 08-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #15
Drunken.Broncoholic

Lance Ball couldn't find a lane if he was in a bowling alley.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxman View Post
Nope. Most of Bronco RANGE can't stand Lance and his running straight into the pile for little gain. No vision. No elusiveness. No power. He does not deserve a position on our roster no matter where he was drafted. I love rooting for the UDFA and I'm pulling for CJ, Larentee and S Johnson this year and loved Nacho coming out of college as well. These are the UDFA's I root for because they have more talent than Lance.
FYP

I prefer Bronco Range as it is a take on the mountain's Front Range and it is different from Nation and Country.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Judging on what I've seen the past couple of games, we may need Lance Ball more as a special teamer than we need any of the other running backs.
Exactly.

Ball's value is on ST's.

I really like what I saw from CJ, I would like to see him get some snaps in the RS.

I wonder if the reason that they did not go out and get a RB as it was reported because he may be back prior to the season.

I do not think we need Hester on this team for anything at all. Cut his ass and keep CJ. Ball is more physical and I love the sound his pads make when the lays a hit on dudes.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #18
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post

There is a reason they did not IR him already. They like what they saw and they want him to play THIS year.

Really his vision, patience waiting for his hole to develop and the power he finished his runs with did remind me of the way TD ran the ball and in the ZBS it looks like he'd be a good one. And I don't care if it was a small sample size against 2 level talent you could see he has the look.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #19
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
FYP

I prefer Bronco PASTURE as it is a take on the mountain's Front Range and it is different from Nation and Country.
Maybe this
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #20
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
FYP

I prefer Bronco HABITAT as it is a take on the mountain's Front Range and it is different from Nation and Country.
Or this
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #21
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Broncos Pride
Old 08-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #22
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Lol at the lane hate.

The guy has been a solid #3 and a special teams warrior.
what's even funnier is these clowns talking about RB's running with "vision", and "balance", and "power" like they really know what the **** they're talking about and act like they're actual pro football scouts.

the kid showed some potential to make an NFL roster....but it probably won't be ours barring a surprise cut.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #23
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
what's even funnier is these clowns talking about RB's running with "vision", and "balance", and "power" like they really know what the **** they're talking about and act like they're actual pro football scouts.

the kid showed some potential to make an NFL roster....but it probably won't be ours barring a surprise cut.

Sorry to hear you don't have a Television. No room in the double wide refrigerator box?
Old 08-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #24
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

Yeah, because it takes a pro scout to see that Lance Ball couldn't find a lane to save his life but another guy sees it and finds it and gets through it. Oh and, um balance, yeah that's a real tricky one there. I'm not sure what school you went to but most people learn what that is at a very early age. And as it applies to football is no different. Somebody that doesn't easily lose his balance when there is contact. Not too difficult there buddy. OK, and now we go to power. Geez, another tuffy. Let's see, um maybe a RB that doesn't get knocked off his ass while pass blocking, doesn't go down easily as in first contact, you know, somebody who can break tackles.

Dude, you're the clown. To suggest we don't know what vision, power or balance is when it applies to a RB. Were you born yesterday or something?

Forgot more then you'll ever know - for real? Hahahahaha
Old 08-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #25
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Yeah, because it takes a pro scout to see that Lance Ball couldn't find a lane to save his life but another guy sees it and finds it and gets through it. Oh and, um balance, yeah that's a real tricky one there. I'm not sure what school you went to but most people learn what that is at a very early age. And as it applies to football is no different. Somebody that doesn't easily lose his balance when there is contact. Not too difficult there buddy. OK, and now we go to power. Geez, another tuffy. Let's see, um maybe a RB that doesn't get knocked off his ass while pass blocking, doesn't go down easily as in first contact, you know, somebody who can break tackles.

Dude, you're the clown. To suggest we don't know what vision, power or balance is when it applies to a RB. Were you born yesterday or something?

Forgot more then you'll ever know - for real? Hahahahaha
Welcome to the world of errand. His posts, some times they are good once and a while they are great but when they are bad they are real head scratchers.