The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #251
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Which one?
Both of them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #252
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
These stats mean nothing to me. Two totally deifferent offenses and Hillman got to play with Peyton ****ing Manning. Look who Greene got to line up behind. WTF ever with your receiving stats.. Sorry, but I would rather have a veteran back who'll hit the hole hard and not go down so easily. Think about it, how many Hillman type/ scat back RB's make? I gave Hillman one more shot when I heard he put on 15 lbs. And after 3 preseason games Ive seen enough. Nothing has changed. Guy is a dud. Like the dud firecrackers, you reach for another one as soon as you realize it.
And your money argument is a dud too. Its 1 Million extra that our cap and Pat could both easily afford. Like its your money, you dummy.
The stats don't mean anything to you because they don't support your argument, face it. The fact that Greene had Sanchez as a QB doesn't change the fact that he is already wearing down in only his 5th year in the league and has stone hands.

With that said, i'm going to simplify it for you. If you can't answer this simple question, please don't reply to this post because it will prove you are as clueless as your posts on this thread suggests. The question is: if Shonn Greene was still as good as you are saying, then why did the Jets make no real effort to re-sign him, and let him walk? It's not like they have a stable of quality backs on the roster, and no one would know Greene as well as they. Correct?

When you can answer that honestly and intelligently, get back to me. Otherwise, you are the dummy. Dumb***.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #253
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,031
Default

you know you have a ****ty running back when your thread about him turns into a vehement argument about shonn greene
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #254
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Hillman is kind of average at best. He really doesn't do anything well. I haven't seen any open field moves he puts on to get past a linebacker or safety, doesn't look shifty in the open field. He has good burst through a hole, but no power after first contact. You can't say he'll get better, either he has open field moves or he doesn't and he doesn't. He doesn't change direction fast and he's not gonna learn how to suddenly. He gets into the open field and pretty much just runs right into a couple of defenders. He's no Matt Forte and never will be.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #255
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Running backs almost ALWAYS sink or swim immediately.
He's shown that he goes down very easily after first contact and that he may have a fumbling problem.

career stats : 85 carries 330 yard 3.9 YPC 1 TD and 2 fumbles...combine that with his pre-season showing and he is what he is --MEDIOCRE and TURNOVER PRONE= him being an effective starting running back is a goddamn fairy tale. Go wish upon someone else....like Monte Ball........
honestly the dumbest argument i've seen here in awhile. so much bs. almost always sink or swim? we could literally list dozens of rbs that don't 'swim' immediately. dozens and dozens.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:22 AM   #256
ol#7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I really dont understand what Hillman has shown to garner so much love. The guy has done nothing but look absolutely pedestrian so far. Same posters hate Lance Ball, who if you switched jerseys I would be hard pressed to tell the difference with based on their running styles...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:32 AM   #257
FireFly
Ring of Famer
 
FireFly's Avatar
 
The window is open!

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,788
Default

What concerns me is that Fox strikes me as the type of guy who could stick with an under performing player just because he chose him in the first 2 or 3 rounds. If Hillman was a hold over or if a new coach had just come in to replace Fox there's no way Hillman is our number 1 at this point
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:37 AM   #258
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
I really dont understand what Hillman has shown to garner so much love. The guy has done nothing but look absolutely pedestrian so far. Same posters hate Lance Ball, who if you switched jerseys I would be hard pressed to tell the difference with based on their running styles...
I don't get what Hillman has done to garner so much hate and what CJ Anderson has done to be dubbed the next 2k back.

And if you think Lance Ball and Hillman have the same running styles, you really need to get your eyes checked or just quit watching football all together.

Or is it soccer?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:38 AM   #259
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
What concerns me is that Fox strikes me as the type of guy who could stick with an under performing player just because he chose him in the first 2 or 3 rounds. If Hillman was a hold over or if a new coach had just come in to replace Fox there's no way Hillman is our number 1 at this point
You strike me as the type that has no idea what you're talking about and just make up random thoughts.

John Fox does not single handedly draft players.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:43 AM   #260
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
The stats don't mean anything to you because they don't support your argument, face it. The fact that Greene had Sanchez as a QB doesn't change the fact that he is already wearing down in only his 5th year in the league and has stone hands.

With that said, i'm going to simplify it for you. If you can't answer this simple question, please don't reply to this post because it will prove you are as clueless as your posts on this thread suggests. The question is: if Shonn Greene was still as good as you are saying, then why did the Jets make no real effort to re-sign him, and let him walk? It's not like they have a stable of quality backs on the roster, and no one would know Greene as well as they. Correct?

When you can answer that honestly and intelligently, get back to me. Otherwise, you are the dummy. Dumb***.

Could have been a number of reasons, who knows. Maybe Greene had no interest playing for them.
I'm not saying Greene would be an all pro here. More like, our team would be better with him on the roster right now for the 1.6 he's making.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #261
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
honestly the dumbest argument i've seen here in awhile. so much bs. almost always sink or swim? we could literally list dozens of rbs that don't 'swim' immediately. dozens and dozens.
Honestly, you strike me as one of the most uninformed posters in this thread when it comes to football...

WHAT POSITION IS UNIVERSALLY THOUGHT OF AS THE EASIEST TO TRANSITION TO FROM COLLEGE TO THE PRO'S?
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #262
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,760
Default

lol the Ronster was the youngest player in the league last year and I believe is still the youngest player on our team

Heaven forbid a smaller 20 year old from the Mountain West not be ready to dominate right off the bat

He is better now than he was a year ago; how has his ceiling already been established?

This sounds like how everyone knew Moore was absolute trash after his rookie year, because players cant improve upon their rookie year
Br0nc0Buster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #263
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Honestly, you strike me as one of the most uninformed posters in this thread when it comes to football...
Using your metric (albeit Hillman's sample size is incredibly small)...

Tomlinson averaged fewer YPC than Hillman in their rookie years
so did Ricky Williams
so did Trent Richardson

I'm sure quite a few others have too, but I don't care to look it up
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #264
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Using your metric (albeit Hillman's sample size is incredibly small)...

Tomlinson averaged fewer YPC than Hillman in their rookie years
so did Ricky Williams
so did Trent Richardson

I'm sure quite a few others have too, but I don't care to look it up
was LT playing WITH a hall of fame QB and never seeing 8 in the box? I doubt it. You apologists are completely disingenuous and your efforts at equivalency are far fetched and devoid of rationality....Hillman is GARBAGE. Thankfully our staff is not going to try and fit a square peg into a round hole any longer and is working Ball with the 1st team...
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #265
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
was LT playing WITH a hall of fame QB and never seeing 8 in the box? I doubt it. You apologists are completely disingenuous and your efforts at equivalency are far fetched and devoid of rationality....Hillman is GARBAGE. Thankfully our staff is not going to try and fit a square peg into a round hole any longer and is working Ball with the 1st team...
You do know it's pre season right? Nobody has game planned or maybe a very basic game plan. There has not been a Manning advantage for RBs in preseason.

You are going to look so silly in a few weeks. We are fine at RB. More than fine. A;l three will have their role.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #266
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You do know it's pre season right? Nobody has game planned or maybe a very basic game plan. There has not been a Manning advantage for RBs in preseason.

You are going to look so silly in a few weeks. We are fine at RB. More than fine. A;l three will have their role.
...and he's fumbled TWICE in 22 carries and averaged a pedestrian 3.9 YPC. Guess who else thinks it's time to go in a different direction? OUR COACHING STAFF who gave Montee the majority of carries with the 1st team offense yesterday.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:03 AM   #267
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You do know it's pre season right? Nobody has game planned or maybe a very basic game plan. There has not been a Manning advantage for RBs in preseason.

You are going to look so silly in a few weeks. We are fine at RB. More than fine. A;l three will have their role.
How is saying that we need to start Ball and play Moreno as our 3rd down RB going to make me look foolish if that's precisely what happens? Hillman doesn't deserve a roster spot based upon his performance AND HE'D BETTER SHOW ON SPECIAL TEAMS...
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #268
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You do know it's pre season right? Nobody has game planned or maybe a very basic game plan. There has not been a Manning advantage for RBs in preseason.

You are going to look so silly in a few weeks. We are fine at RB. More than fine. A;l three will have their role.
HILLMAN PLAYED 14 GAMES IN THE REGULAR SEASON WITH MANNING AND HE WAS LARGELY, WAIT FOR IT, WAIT FOR IT...AVERAGE.

85 CARRIES ,3.9 YPC, 1 TOUCHDOWN AND TWO FUMBLES LAST YEAR...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...ronnie-hillman
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #269
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,340

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

I knew we should have drafted a white guy.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #270
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,323

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
And if you think Lance Ball and Hillman have the same running styles, you really need to get your eyes checked or just quit watching football all together
Good point. Hillman fumbles more.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #271
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
HILLMAN PLAYED 14 GAMES IN THE REGULAR SEASON WITH MANNING AND HE WAS LARGELY, WAIT FOR IT, WAIT FOR IT...AVERAGE.

85 CARRIES ,3.9 YPC, 1 TOUCHDOWN AND TWO FUMBLES LAST YEAR...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...ronnie-hillman
Whata say we check back in on this in October.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #272
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
was LT playing WITH a hall of fame QB and never seeing 8 in the box? I doubt it. You apologists are completely disingenuous and your efforts at equivalency are far fetched and devoid of rationality....Hillman is GARBAGE. Thankfully our staff is not going to try and fit a square peg into a round hole any longer and is working Ball with the 1st team...
You keep bringing up Manning. Who was the "starter" the season he won a SB? Rhodes. And he was terrible. Addai came in and split carries that year. RB by committee. Rhodes started yet addai produced the yards. You keep harping on whos going to be the "starter" for a team that splits carries among RBs. Making that term relatively useless. Manning had a suspect starting RB and won the superbowl.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 08-27-2013 at 08:14 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #273
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Hillman is kind of average at best. He really doesn't do anything well. I haven't seen any open field moves he puts on to get past a linebacker or safety, doesn't look shifty in the open field. He has good burst through a hole, but no power after first contact. You can't say he'll get better, either he has open field moves or he doesn't and he doesn't. He doesn't change direction fast and he's not gonna learn how to suddenly. He gets into the open field and pretty much just runs right into a couple of defenders. He's no Matt Forte and never will be.
I agree with that somewhat. He does show some elusiveness. Just not a ton of it. He definitely is more of a straight down hill runner. He doesn't really show much shiftiness and when he cuts he's very upright and it seems mechanical. Most of his big college plays were runs where he had a few good seems and he does what he does. Use his speed to hit the home run. IMO, that's what he is and that's how the Broncos should use him. He should not be the starter IMO. He should be that guy who comes in and gives you 15 touches. A few dump passes. A few sweeps, etc.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #274
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I agree with that somewhat. He does show some elusiveness. Just not a ton of it. He definitely is more of a straight down hill runner. He doesn't really show much shiftiness and when he cuts he's very upright and it seems mechanical. Most of his big college plays were runs where he had a few good seems and he does what he does. Use his speed to hit the home run. IMO, that's what he is and that's how the Broncos should use him. He should not be the starter IMO. He should be that guy who comes in and gives you 15 touches. A few dump passes. A few sweeps, etc.
Particularly after he was billed as the second coming of Barry Sanders in terms of speed and quickness. His straight line speed is probably very good (although we have yet to really see it on display) but he's basically a versatile back but not an NFL starting caliber back. He could be a Reggie Bush kind of guy though I have doubts about the same level of elusiveness as Bush.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #275
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

For those (i.e. txtebow) who are using yesterday's coaching decision to start Ball, and say "I told you so", think again. I don't know of any Hillman supporters that believed he was going to be a long term starter anyway. I know I didn't.

Hilman was drafted to be a complimentary back. As been said in many posts on this thread and others, he is "starting" in preseason because Ball hasn't been ready and they already know what they have in Knowshon.

Ball will be the starter soon enough. But in the meantime allow me to share another quote from Fox in the same PC that some of the haters conveniently forgot to mention:

"Look, Ronnie Hillman is going to play a lot of football. You can put that in the bank," Fox said after practice Monday. "There's no formula where that's not going to happen."
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 PM.


Denver Broncos