The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 56,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Bradley Decides He's Chelsea

As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition. I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility).
http://www.today.com/news/i-am-chels...ent-6C10974052

When I told my wife this morning that Bradley had decided to become a woman, she said, "Weren't they going to take care of that for him in prison?"

On a serious note, why is this guy/girl going to prison while the NSA grossly and blatantly violates the Constitution daily with complete impunity?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

He’s a lesbian trapped in a man’s body ……. I can see that.

If I was facing a 35 year prison sentence, I would also want to serve it in a women’s prison. If you’re going to get raped why not let it be by a bunch of women.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

When he attempted to appeal for a reduced sentence, he invoked gender identity disorder. Instead of asking for that to be treated, he's gone whole hog into it. I assume he wants the government to pay for his hormonal treatments.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
On a serious note, why is this guy/girl going to prison while the NSA grossly and blatantly violates the Constitution daily with complete impunity?
Little fish/big fish.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,361

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition. I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility).
http://www.today.com/news/i-am-chels...ent-6C10974052

When I told my wife this morning that Bradley had decided to become a woman, she said, "Weren't they going to take care of that for him in prison?"

On a serious note, why is this guy/girl going to prison while the NSA grossly and blatantly violates the Constitution daily with complete impunity?
I give you credit for asking the question at least. Shocking that more citizens do not.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Clearly the NSA is run directly by the White House and nobody else, ultimately. I'm sure they're not the only branch of "defense" run that way, either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
On a serious note, why is this guy/girl going to prison while the NSA grossly and blatantly violates the Constitution daily with complete impunity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Clearly the NSA is run directly by the White House and nobody else, ultimately. I'm sure they're not the only branch of "defense" run that way, either.
We have come a long way when we thought Watergate was as bad as it could possibly get as far as a political scandal goes. Obama and the NSA make Watergate look like a kindergarten prank........

The Nixon administration's attempted to cover-up of its involvement in the 1972 break-in at the Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C. It was revealed that President Nixon had a tape-recording system in his offices and he had recorded many conversations. Recordings from these tapes implicated the president, revealing he had attempted to cover up the questionable (and illegal) goings-on that had taken place after the break-in.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #8
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
He’s a lesbian trapped in a man’s body ……. I can see that.

If I was facing a 35 year prison sentence, I would also want to serve it in a women’s prison. If you’re going to get raped why not let it be by a bunch of women.
QFT. Love how he's/she's still fricking with the system. Now on both sides of the missionary position.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #9
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,428
Default

Quote:

On a serious note, why is this guy/girl going to prison while the NSA grossly and blatantly violates the Constitution daily with complete impunity?
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ersight-on-go/
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #10
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

So...

All whistleblowers are gay?

#amirite?
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #11
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
So...

All whistleblowers are gay?

#amirite?
2 for 2, this year
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #12
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Clearly the NSA is run directly by the White House and nobody else, ultimately. I'm sure they're not the only branch of "defense" run that way, either.
This little thing called the US Constitution, makes President of the United States the only Commander and Chief as well the Chief Executive. So yes all executive agencies and departments are "run" directly by the White House.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #13
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #14
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Especially the war is peace part.

We're fightin' over there, so we don't have to fight 'em over here.

We've always been at war with Eurasia, we've always been at peace with East Asia.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #15
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

There is really only one party, the ruling party.

"A ruling group is a ruling group so long as it can nominate its successor... Who wields power is not important provided that the hierarchical structure remains always the same."


And it will remain that way because they have tricked us into taking sides, dividing us in order to conquer us.


“Until they became conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious.”
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #16
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,361

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Ever see the film V for Vengeance?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:17 AM   #17
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

You mean Vendetta?
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:25 AM   #18
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,361

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
You mean Vendetta?

Oh probably

Funny I have watched the movie about 4 times and all this time I thought it was Vengeance.

Great movie though...
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 56,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
There is really only one party, the ruling party.

"A ruling group is a ruling group so long as it can nominate its successor... Who wields power is not important provided that the hierarchical structure remains always the same."


And it will remain that way because they have tricked us into taking sides, dividing us in order to conquer us.


“Until they became conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious.”
Every election you can watch candidates come and candidates go, but the lobbyists who run Washington never leave.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #20
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,361

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

If we manage to defeat total global tyranny history will remember Chelsea as a great hero and there well be statues honoring her across the globe.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #21
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
There is really only one party, the ruling party.

"A ruling group is a ruling group so long as it can nominate its successor... Who wields power is not important provided that the hierarchical structure remains always the same."
This I agree with to a large degree.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #22
Mecklomaniac
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Mecklomaniac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WA
Posts: 786

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Dolbin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Every election you can watch candidates come and candidates go, but the lobbyists who run Washington never leave.
^ This


Every election season you see candidates from both parties who seem pure and uncorrupted. Doesn't take long for the great candidate to discover who really runs the show and become just another corrupt politician.
Mecklomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Denver Broncos