The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #226
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I swear, it's like most of you people are unaware of how football is played by the rest of the NFL.

I'm sorry - I didn't realize I was talking to Tom Landry's ghost. Would you take your rage meter down to 11 if I told you you had a nice hat?
Old 08-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #227
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Because he actually did his homework on him, apparently unlike you:

Shonn Greene:

Rushing Stats
SEASON TEAM GP ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST

2009 (Rookie Year)
NYJ

14 108 540 5.0 33 2 24 3 3

NYJ

16 276 1,063 3.9 36 8 52 3 1

Receiving Stats
SEASON TEAM GP REC TGTS YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST

No Receiving Stats in Rookie Season(2009)

NYJ

16 19 31 151 7.9 30 0 3 1 0

Ronnie Hillman:

Rushing Stats
SEASON TEAM GP ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST

DEN

14 85 330 3.9 31 1 19 2 1

Receiving Stats
SEASON TEAM GP REC TGTS YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST

DEN

14 10 12 62 6.2 29 0 3 0 0

To summarize for you:

While in Greene's rookie year, he had a better average per carry, he lost a fumble every 36 carries. Hillman lost 1 fumble in 85 carries.
Last season, Greene learned to hold on the ball better, fumbling 3 times, and losing only 1 in 276 carries. Hillman deserves that benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise in regular season games.

However, Greene's rookie year is the only year he averaged 5 yds per carry as last year he regressed to 3.9 yds per carry. It appears Greene is way beyond his peak, while Hillman has just began his career as one of the youngest players in the NFL.

Also, Greene is nowhere near the receiver that Hillman is, as he had no receiving stats in his rookie year. In 2012 Greene was targeted 31 times as a receiver, but caught only 19 and losing a fumble! Hillman, on the other hand in limited duty, was targeted 12 times, catching 10 with no fumbles. Which RB do you think Peyton would want as a receiver?

So you ask, why didn't Elway sign a regressing stone-hands RB in Greene for $1.6 million? Because he already had a RB on the roster that is no worse a runner at this point in their careers, but a much better receiver that has way more upside in his young career, and he is paying him only $515,000. That's why.

These stats mean nothing to me. Two totally deifferent offenses and Hillman got to play with Peyton ****ing Manning. Look who Greene got to line up behind. WTF ever with your receiving stats.. Sorry, but I would rather have a veteran back who'll hit the hole hard and not go down so easily. Think about it, how many Hillman type/ scat back RB's make? I gave Hillman one more shot when I heard he put on 15 lbs. And after 3 preseason games Ive seen enough. Nothing has changed. Guy is a dud. Like the dud firecrackers, you reach for another one as soon as you realize it.
And your money argument is a dud too. Its 1 Million extra that our cap and Pat could both easily afford. Like its your money, you dummy.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #228
ChrisToker

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
3 preseason games and 3 fumbles...... Just resign McGahee and play Ball and Moreno. I've ****ing seen enough....further 2 of his fumbles led directly to 2 TDs. He's not an NFL player...
For Real? Ppl are freaking out. Can't wait until we are 6-0 when Von comes back and still registers 15 plus sacks.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #229
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
Cut Hillman. Dudes already 21 and in his 2nd year...if he doesn't get it now, he never will. The Broncos need to get younger at the position anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Has one person said Denver should cut him? Drama Queen. He ain't ready to start though.

Besides Txtebow and well, his name says it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Good to know "Not starting" = cut him.
I understand sarcasm is harder to detect on the net, but its not that damn hard....
Old 08-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #230
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisToker View Post
For Real? Ppl are freaking out. Can't wait until we are 6-0 when Von comes back and still registers 15 plus sacks.
I will bet you a million internet dollars that neither of these things happens
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #231
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Demaryius did the same thing.

**** happens.
Exactly.....

Thomas has fumbled the damn ball without even being touched....and yet we got clowns on here b****ing about a 2nd year RB who's had the ball knocked out of his hands when he lunged for an apparent TD, and had it ripped out of his hands by a LB after his forward progress was apparently stopped.

Last edited by errand; 08-26-2013 at 06:24 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #232
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players...ronnie-hillman

Broncos running game becoming clearer?

by Dave Richard | Senior Fantasy Writer

Broncos rookie rusher Montee Ball took first-team reps on Monday, a sign that the coaches are going to give him a chance to earn the starting job. That's after second-year back Ronnie Hillman fumbled the ball away for the second time this preseason, right near the goal line against the Rams last week.
Through 25 carries Ball has 80 yards and a score with 26 yards on three catches and no fumbles. Hillman has 22 carries for 77 yards, three catches for 15 yards and three fumbles (two lost) with no scores.

RONNIE HILLMAN IS A PEDESTRIAN RUNNING BACK AND FUMBLER.

THANK GOODNESS!

Last edited by txtebow; 08-26-2013 at 06:58 PM..
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #233
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

People can b**** all they want. Fact is Fox and Elway apparently want somebody who has the threat of making huge plays on the field for us. I'm not saying Ball and KM can't do that. I'm just saying that Hillman is the only one with elite speed and can turn a small chunk into a large chunk real fast. This is what preseason games are for. This is where you make the mistakes and learn to fix them. I do however think Hillman can continue to work on that upper body strength. If he want to be a back who sees 25 touches a game, he'll need more power in his arms to hold that ball tight. TD had some guns on him, that dude almost never lost the rock. I know he was a bigger back (217). Hillman could probably gain another 7 pounds in the upper body next year and have some real guns to hold that ball tighter, and he wouldn't lose any speed at all.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #234
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
People can b**** all they want. Fact is Fox and Elway apparently want somebody who has the threat of making huge plays on the field for us. I'm not saying Ball and KM can't do that. I'm just saying that Hillman is the only one with elite speed and can turn a small chunk into a large chunk real fast. This is what preseason games are for. This is where you make the mistakes and learn to fix them. I do however think Hillman can continue to work on that upper body strength. If he want to be a back who sees 25 touches a game, he'll need more power in his arms to hold that ball tight. TD had some guns on him, that dude almost never lost the rock. I know he was a bigger back (217). Hillman could probably gain another 7 pounds in the upper body next year and have some real guns to hold that ball tighter, and he wouldn't lose any speed at all.
Running backs almost ALWAYS sink or swim immediately.
He's shown that he goes down very easily after first contact and that he may have a fumbling problem.

career stats : 85 carries 330 yard 3.9 YPC 1 TD and 2 fumbles...combine that with his pre-season showing and he is what he is --MEDIOCRE and TURNOVER PRONE= him being an effective starting running back is a goddamn fairy tale. Go wish upon someone else....like Monte Ball........
Old 08-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #235
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Did I miss something, is there something wrong with Montee? Why are we against letting him get the start?

I realize he's a rookie but.....is it the pass protection part? Kid needs to learn, let him learn on the job. He can't be that horrible.....
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #236
Drunken.Broncoholic

Do people actually think this team wants to run a player 25 carries a game? So the guy who is on the field during the first series is the starter. Big deal. Dude is coming out the game soon after through a rotation.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #237
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Did I miss something, is there something wrong with Montee? Why are we against letting him get the start?

I realize he's a rookie but.....is it the pass protection part? Kid needs to learn, let him learn on the job. He can't be that horrible.....
Ball took starting reps today..the coaches have acknowledged what you and I know but what 80% of the people posting here don't, that Hillman is GARBAGE.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #238
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Ball took starting reps today..the coaches have acknowledged what you and I know but what 80% of the people posting here don't, that Hillman is GARBAGE.

Didnt you like tebow? That dude fumbled like 13 times in about 11 games. He's ok but hillman can go to hell after putting it on the ground in a preseason game. More than 80% thought tebow was garbage too. And they were right.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #239
DENVERDUI55

Kind of off topic but all this RB drama could of been solved very easy in the past. First up was Shanny after Portis trade(which I loved BTW). OK Denver traded a weapon that teams fear for a HOF CB which was a win in the long term. He really could of made it one sided when the best RB in the draft fell to him and he took the drunk very average LB DJ. The second time was when MCDand his GM crew had a WTF moment and traded a 4th for a garbage RB in Lawrence Maroney. Really? Do you know who else was traded that year for a 4th? Marshawn Lynch.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #240
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:

All it takes is one screw up to break Peyton Manning, are you willing to risk that so Ball can "learn on the job"
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #241
Soul-Bronco
Broncos 4 Life ! ! !

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Kind of off topic but all this RB drama could of been solved very easy in the past. First up was Shanny after Portis trade(which I loved BTW). OK Denver traded a weapon that teams fear for a HOF CB which was a win in the long term. He really could of made it one sided when the best RB in the draft fell to him and he took the drunk very average LB DJ. The second time was when MCDand his GM crew had a WTF moment and traded a 4th for a garbage RB in Lawrence Maroney. Really? Do you know who else was traded that year for a 4th? Marshawn Lynch.
Always think of that when seeing Marshawn pwn some linebacker. That move really highlighted the stupidity of the mcdaniels era. He went with the guy who knew the system instead of the beast player
Soul-Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #242
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Didnt you like tebow? That dude fumbled like 13 times in about 11 games. He's ok but hillman can go to hell after putting it on the ground in a preseason game. More than 80% thought tebow was garbage too. And they were right.
another person with so much venom towards a player who quarterbacked us to our only playoff win since 2005....he's no manning but he sure as hell has done more for us in a Broncos uniform than Ronnie Hillman....and our alternative to Tebow was Kyle Orton. We have a viable option with Montee Ball and/or resigning McGahee who had far more production than Hillman has had so far despite his fumbling issue...Hillman hasn't shown enough potential to warrant the risk. And most of you can't see that; you are the definition of average. You can thank me and those of us who agreed with my viewpoint later this season...."mark the tape"...
Old 08-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #243
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Exactly.....

Thomas has fumbled the damn ball without even being touched....and yet we got clowns on here b****ing about a 2nd year RB who's had the ball knocked out of his hands when he lunged for an apparent TD, and had it ripped out of his hands by a LB after his forward progress was apparently stopped.
DT had "pop and sizzle" and big play capability....Hillman is 3.9 YPC and falls over when a defender makes eye contact with him.........and did I mention he has 2 fumbles on 22 carries this pre-season? You're reaching. Plastic man-like reaching.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #244
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:

yes, and the problem with learning on the job is the whole Peyton Manning is our QB thing.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #245
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
another person with so much venom towards a player who quarterbacked us to our only playoff win since 2005....he's no manning but he sure as hell has done more for us in a Broncos uniform than Ronnie Hillman....and our alternative to Tebow was Kyle Orton. We have a viable option with Montee Ball and/or resigning McGahee who had far more production than Hillman has had so far despite his fumbling issue...Hillman hasn't shown enough potential to warrant the risk. And most of you can't see that; you are the definition of average. You can thank me and those of us who agreed with my viewpoint later this season...."mark the tape"...
Do you forget all of McGahees fumbles last year? I don't have much of an opinion on hillman. I can see he's not a true starter but a team that runs by committee doesn't have a legit 20 plus carry guy. I've been wanting more M ball and have posted my stance on that before. I only brought up tebow cause you're calling people out for hoping hillman pans out yet stuck by a player who threw it in the dirt constantly. You can criticize us when hillman hits his 3rd team and can't beat out clown RBs equivalent of Sanchez's talent ending in a cut.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #246
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Do you forget all of McGahees fumbles last year?
or the year before in the playoff game against Pitt?
seriously, the guys complaining about Hillman fumbling in *preseason* while advocating picking up McGahee?
Old 08-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #247
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
or the year before in the playoff game against Pitt?
seriously, the guys complaining about Hillman fumbling in *preseason* while advocating picking up McGahee?
It's comical.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #248
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

He is still young and raw. He is more of a complimentary option. Moreno and Ball are more effective anyways. I still like the idea of investing in young runners, but trading up for Hillman was questionable.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #249
swaiy

Remember when that one QB sucked complete dong in the preseason? People that had doubts were told that it was just preseason and that those stats shouldnt be held against him.

Those were the days. Muahahaha
Old 08-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #250
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Remember when that one QB sucked complete dong in the preseason? People that had doubts were told that it was just preseason and that those stats shouldnt be held against him.

Those were the days. Muahahaha
Which one?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote