The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #176
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,726

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well it's typical OM emotional crapola....they hate Hillman because he's not the guy they wanted the Broncos to draft, or they have a hard-on for CJ Anderson because he ran over some lit majors who will be selling insurance next week.

Knowshon fumbled in the Atlanta game and the cries of "he always fumbles" came out, despite evidence to the contrary.....he then takes over for an injured McGahee, whose fumbles evidently are less damaging in the eyes of most on here and Moreno hasn't fumbled since.
Yes.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #177
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,425

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well it's typical OM emotional crapola....they hate Hillman because he's not the guy they wanted the Broncos to draft, or they have a hard-on for CJ Anderson because he ran over some lit majors who will be selling insurance next week.

Knowshon fumbled in the Atlanta game and the cries of "he always fumbles" came out, despite evidence to the contrary.....he then takes over for an injured McGahee, whose fumbles evidently are less damaging in the eyes of most on here and Moreno hasn't fumbled since.
Of course Knowshon didn't fumble as much as local Omane folklore would have you believe. He couldn't fumble that many times when he was injured and not playing half the games.


(see what I did there?)
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #178
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well it's typical OM emotional crapola....they hate Hillman because he's not the guy they wanted the Broncos to draft, or they have a hard-on for CJ Anderson because he ran over some lit majors who will be selling insurance next week.
whoa whoa man. I was a lit major and no one would hire me for anything like that
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:28 AM   #179
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default


Report: Cards put RB Williams on trade block

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Cardinals have placed Ryan Williams on the trade block.



It's an indication Williams is not in the Cards' 2013 plans, and will be waived at final cuts if no taker is found. Williams is likely available for a seventh-round pick. Still only 23 years old, Williams has been beset by various injuries going back to his redshirt freshman year at Virginia Tech. He was a big-time talent before the array of ailments, and was drafted 38th overall in 2011. Williams made his 2013 preseason debut on Saturday night, rushing twice for ten yards. We wouldn't be surprised if someone bites
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #180
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,342

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post

Report: Cards put RB Williams on trade block

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Cardinals have placed Ryan Williams on the trade block.



It's an indication Williams is not in the Cards' 2013 plans, and will be waived at final cuts if no taker is found. Williams is likely available for a seventh-round pick. Still only 23 years old, Williams has been beset by various injuries going back to his redshirt freshman year at Virginia Tech. He was a big-time talent before the array of ailments, and was drafted 38th overall in 2011. Williams made his 2013 preseason debut on Saturday night, rushing twice for ten yards. We wouldn't be surprised if someone bites
We should bring him in. He and Knowshon would be deadly running the Stationary Bike By Commity.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #181
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Kiszla: With Hillman's struggles, Broncos need to find a better running back
By Mark Kiszla
The Denver Post
POSTED: 08/25/2013 12:01:00 AM MDT87 COMMENTS


Denver Broncos running back Ronnie Hillman catches a short pass he eventually fumbled in the second quarter at Sports Authority Field. (Steve Nehf, The Denver Post)
Oops, Ronnie "Fumble!" Hillman did it again.

The Broncos are knee deep and stuck in a quandary at running back.

What did Denver find out in the most important dress rehearsal of the NFL preseason, in a game against St. Louis?

It's open casting for a starting running back worthy of quarterback Peyton Manning's trust. If I were the legal representation for a veteran NFL street free agent, I would have been leaving messages Saturday night with John Elway.

In the race for starting running back, only one thing is certain: It cannot be Hillman.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...r-running-back
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #182
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

wow, Kizla sucks. You are a turd Kizla!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #183
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
wow, Kizla sucks. You are a turd Kizla!
He (Kiszla) does. But, at the same time, do you disagree with his overall premise? That Hillman can't be the starter? Because right now I absolutely agree with that. This doesn't mean I don't want him on the team, just that I don't want him to be the #1 guy.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #184
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He (Kiszla) does. But, at the same time, do you disagree with his overall premise? That Hillman can't be the starter? Because right now I absolutely agree with that. This doesn't mean I don't want him on the team, just that I don't want him to be the #1 guy.
This is where I am also. One thing that bothers me is the "well he's only fumbling in preseason" thing. Fumbling is fumbling, add in that you could be doing it against the other teams' backups and it makes it WORSE.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #185
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Knowshon could very well end up starting and the Broncos are using the preseason to test drive their younger backs who are unproven. I really don't think there is anyone available right now who will be better than what we have on the roster.

And Kizla is a troll.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #186
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He (Kiszla) does. But, at the same time, do you disagree with his overall premise? That Hillman can't be the starter? Because right now I absolutely agree with that. This doesn't mean I don't want him on the team, just that I don't want him to be the #1 guy.
I think a rotation of Hillman/Ball & Moreno will be fine. The more carries Hillman gets, the better he gets. Basic football 101. This is things people like me understand because we know the game.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #187
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think a rotation of Hillman/Ball & Moreno will be fine.

Yep, a rotation of Injured, Unproven and Fumble is our ticket to the SB. I'll call them The Three Headed Least.


/just trolling.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #188
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,686

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

I can hear the chants now.... "I!U!F! I!U!F! I!U!F! I!U!F! I!U!F!"
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #189
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Knowshon could very well end up starting and the Broncos are using the preseason to test drive their younger backs who are unproven. I really don't think there is anyone available right now who will be better than what we have on the roster.

And Kizla is a troll.
agreed. no RB on the street or available for nearly nothing is going to come in and outperform what we have now. Add in, whoever comes in would have to learn a complex playbook and wouldn't play until it is a positive that he can protect Peyton.

As much as I dislike it, I think we start Moreno and work Ball into the starting job. Hillman gets sprinkled in as a pass catcher out of the backfield and occasional runner.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #190
NorCalBronco7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Cut Hillman. Dudes already 21 and in his 2nd year...if he doesn't get it now, he never will. The Broncos need to get younger at the position anyways.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #191
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
...whoever comes in would have to learn a complex playbook...
I don't disagree with your overall premise, but just want to point out that apparently the Broncos offense is fairly simple. I've read/heard this multiple times. Here's one recent example:

Quote:
Another characteristic is simplicity. Manningís incessant presnap gyrations have created the idea that his system is complex. In reality, itís very basic. Thatís how teammates can keep up with Manningís perfectionism. The Broncos do not do a lot of things; they just do a handful of things really well.
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/23/denver...-preview-2013/
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #192
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
whoa whoa man. I was a lit major and no one would hire me. For anything.
Fixed your post.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #193
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
agreed. no RB on the street or available for nearly nothing is going to come in and outperform what we have now. Add in, whoever comes in would have to learn a complex playbook and wouldn't play until it is a positive that he can protect Peyton.

As much as I dislike it, I think we start Moreno and work Ball into the starting job. Hillman gets sprinkled in as a pass catcher out of the backfield and occasional runner.
And Teflon Elway gets no blame for this? Even Moreno's mother knows the guy won't hold up for a full season. So well be left with Unproven and Fumble to lead us to the Meadowlands. I see Peyton getting wacked along the way.
Why was it such a terrible idea John to have 4 Rbs on the roster and pay a guy like Shonn Green the 1.6 million the Titans are paying him?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #194
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Knowshon could very well end up starting and the Broncos are using the preseason to test drive their younger backs who are unproven. I really don't think there is anyone available right now who will be better than what we have on the roster.

And Kizla is a troll.

I'm thinking my next ID is going to be:

MorenoNextAddai
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #195
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I don't disagree with your overall premise, but just want to point out that apparently the Broncos offense is fairly simple. I've read/heard this multiple times. Here's one recent example:


http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/23/denver...-preview-2013/
Many of the best offenses are the same plays repackaged differently. Shanahan is the king of this.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #196
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
Cut Hillman. Dudes already 21 and in his 2nd year...if he doesn't get it now, he never will. The Broncos need to get younger at the position anyways.
Has one person said Denver should cut him? Drama Queen. He ain't ready to start though.

Besides Txtebow and well, his name says it all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #197
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
This is where I am also. One thing that bothers me is the "well he's only fumbling in preseason" thing. Fumbling is fumbling, add in that you could be doing it against the other teams' backups and it makes it WORSE.
Does it make it better that the majority of his preseason fumbles were against other teams starters?

Fumbling is a problem, and if not fixed ASAP will lead to a short NFL career for the young Hillman. BUT, he ran much stronger Saturday night than I've seen in a year and a preseason from him. If he can just work on ball protection he has a lot of potential.

I hope like hell he's working with Studes on how to protect the ball. If he can make that adjustment, then he will have a good year. Hell, I think he'll have a very good year.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #198
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Does it make it better that the majority of his preseason fumbles were against other teams starters?

Fumbling is a problem, and if not fixed ASAP will lead to a short NFL career for the young Hillman. BUT, he ran much stronger Saturday night than I've seen in a year and a preseason from him. If he can just work on ball protection he has a lot of potential.

I hope like hell he's working with Studes on how to protect the ball. If he can make that adjustment, then he will have a good year. Hell, I think he'll have a very good year.
With you there, I like the kid a ton but they have to work with him on this. And no, it doesn't make me feel better it was against starters
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #199
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,726

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Has one person said Denver should cut him? Drama Queen. He ain't ready to start though.

Besides Txtebow and well, his name says it all.
Apparently you missed fwf's earlier posts. Not that he needs me to defend him, but your accusation of Drama Queen towards NorCal is greatly misplaced. Txtebow and fwf are two more worthy candidates, don't you think?
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #200
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

The goal line plunge fumble was a bad call

The one Ogletree made was just a good play on a late whistle and Ogletree is going to make many a great play in his career, kid can ball.

I am not that worried about the fumbling nor am I worried about the Broncos running backs. We are going to have a great running game you will see.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Denver Broncos