The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #176
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well it's typical OM emotional crapola....they hate Hillman because he's not the guy they wanted the Broncos to draft, or they have a hard-on for CJ Anderson because he ran over some lit majors who will be selling insurance next week.

Knowshon fumbled in the Atlanta game and the cries of "he always fumbles" came out, despite evidence to the contrary.....he then takes over for an injured McGahee, whose fumbles evidently are less damaging in the eyes of most on here and Moreno hasn't fumbled since.
Yes.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #177
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Well it's typical OM emotional crapola....they hate Hillman because he's not the guy they wanted the Broncos to draft, or they have a hard-on for CJ Anderson because he ran over some lit majors who will be selling insurance next week.

Knowshon fumbled in the Atlanta game and the cries of "he always fumbles" came out, despite evidence to the contrary.....he then takes over for an injured McGahee, whose fumbles evidently are less damaging in the eyes of most on here and Moreno hasn't fumbled since.
Of course Knowshon didn't fumble as much as local Omane folklore would have you believe. He couldn't fumble that many times when he was injured and not playing half the games.

(see what I did there?)
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #178
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
whoa whoa man. I was a lit major and no one would hire me for anything like that
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:28 AM   #179
fwf

Report: Cards put RB Williams on trade block

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Cardinals have placed Ryan Williams on the trade block.

It's an indication Williams is not in the Cards' 2013 plans, and will be waived at final cuts if no taker is found. Williams is likely available for a seventh-round pick. Still only 23 years old, Williams has been beset by various injuries going back to his redshirt freshman year at Virginia Tech. He was a big-time talent before the array of ailments, and was drafted 38th overall in 2011. Williams made his 2013 preseason debut on Saturday night, rushing twice for ten yards. We wouldn't be surprised if someone bites
Old 08-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #180
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post

Report: Cards put RB Williams on trade block

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Cardinals have placed Ryan Williams on the trade block.

It's an indication Williams is not in the Cards' 2013 plans, and will be waived at final cuts if no taker is found. Williams is likely available for a seventh-round pick. Still only 23 years old, Williams has been beset by various injuries going back to his redshirt freshman year at Virginia Tech. He was a big-time talent before the array of ailments, and was drafted 38th overall in 2011. Williams made his 2013 preseason debut on Saturday night, rushing twice for ten yards. We wouldn't be surprised if someone bites
We should bring him in. He and Knowshon would be deadly running the Stationary Bike By Commity.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #181
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Kiszla: With Hillman's struggles, Broncos need to find a better running back
By Mark Kiszla
The Denver Post
POSTED: 08/25/2013 12:01:00 AM MDT87 COMMENTS

Denver Broncos running back Ronnie Hillman catches a short pass he eventually fumbled in the second quarter at Sports Authority Field. (Steve Nehf, The Denver Post)
Oops, Ronnie "Fumble!" Hillman did it again.

The Broncos are knee deep and stuck in a quandary at running back.

What did Denver find out in the most important dress rehearsal of the NFL preseason, in a game against St. Louis?

It's open casting for a starting running back worthy of quarterback Peyton Manning's trust. If I were the legal representation for a veteran NFL street free agent, I would have been leaving messages Saturday night with John Elway.

In the race for starting running back, only one thing is certain: It cannot be Hillman.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...r-running-back
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #182
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

wow, Kizla sucks. You are a turd Kizla!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #183
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
wow, Kizla sucks. You are a turd Kizla!
He (Kiszla) does. But, at the same time, do you disagree with his overall premise? That Hillman can't be the starter? Because right now I absolutely agree with that. This doesn't mean I don't want him on the team, just that I don't want him to be the #1 guy.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #184
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He (Kiszla) does. But, at the same time, do you disagree with his overall premise? That Hillman can't be the starter? Because right now I absolutely agree with that. This doesn't mean I don't want him on the team, just that I don't want him to be the #1 guy.
This is where I am also. One thing that bothers me is the "well he's only fumbling in preseason" thing. Fumbling is fumbling, add in that you could be doing it against the other teams' backups and it makes it WORSE.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #185
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Knowshon could very well end up starting and the Broncos are using the preseason to test drive their younger backs who are unproven. I really don't think there is anyone available right now who will be better than what we have on the roster.

And Kizla is a troll.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #186
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I think a rotation of Hillman/Ball & Moreno will be fine. The more carries Hillman gets, the better he gets. Basic football 101. This is things people like me understand because we know the game.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #187
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think a rotation of Hillman/Ball & Moreno will be fine.

Yep, a rotation of Injured, Unproven and Fumble is our ticket to the SB. I'll call them The Three Headed Least.

/just trolling.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #188
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

I can hear the chants now.... "I!U!F! I!U!F! I!U!F! I!U!F! I!U!F!"
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #189
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Knowshon could very well end up starting and the Broncos are using the preseason to test drive their younger backs who are unproven. I really don't think there is anyone available right now who will be better than what we have on the roster.

And Kizla is a troll.
agreed. no RB on the street or available for nearly nothing is going to come in and outperform what we have now. Add in, whoever comes in would have to learn a complex playbook and wouldn't play until it is a positive that he can protect Peyton.

As much as I dislike it, I think we start Moreno and work Ball into the starting job. Hillman gets sprinkled in as a pass catcher out of the backfield and occasional runner.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #190
NorCalBronco7

Cut Hillman. Dudes already 21 and in his 2nd year...if he doesn't get it now, he never will. The Broncos need to get younger at the position anyways.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #191
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
...whoever comes in would have to learn a complex playbook...
I don't disagree with your overall premise, but just want to point out that apparently the Broncos offense is fairly simple. I've read/heard this multiple times. Here's one recent example:

Quote:
Another characteristic is simplicity. Manningís incessant presnap gyrations have created the idea that his system is complex. In reality, itís very basic. Thatís how teammates can keep up with Manningís perfectionism. The Broncos do not do a lot of things; they just do a handful of things really well.
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/23/denver...-preview-2013/
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #192
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
whoa whoa man. I was a lit major and no one would hire me. For anything.
Fixed your post.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #193
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
agreed. no RB on the street or available for nearly nothing is going to come in and outperform what we have now. Add in, whoever comes in would have to learn a complex playbook and wouldn't play until it is a positive that he can protect Peyton.

As much as I dislike it, I think we start Moreno and work Ball into the starting job. Hillman gets sprinkled in as a pass catcher out of the backfield and occasional runner.
And Teflon Elway gets no blame for this? Even Moreno's mother knows the guy won't hold up for a full season. So well be left with Unproven and Fumble to lead us to the Meadowlands. I see Peyton getting wacked along the way.
Why was it such a terrible idea John to have 4 Rbs on the roster and pay a guy like Shonn Green the 1.6 million the Titans are paying him?
Old 08-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #194
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

And Kizla is a troll.

I'm thinking my next ID is going to be:

MorenoNextAddai
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #195
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I don't disagree with your overall premise, but just want to point out that apparently the Broncos offense is fairly simple. I've read/heard this multiple times. Here's one recent example:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/23/denver...-preview-2013/
Many of the best offenses are the same plays repackaged differently. Shanahan is the king of this.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #196
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
Cut Hillman. Dudes already 21 and in his 2nd year...if he doesn't get it now, he never will. The Broncos need to get younger at the position anyways.
Has one person said Denver should cut him? Drama Queen. He ain't ready to start though.

Besides Txtebow and well, his name says it all.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #197
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
This is where I am also. One thing that bothers me is the "well he's only fumbling in preseason" thing. Fumbling is fumbling, add in that you could be doing it against the other teams' backups and it makes it WORSE.
Does it make it better that the majority of his preseason fumbles were against other teams starters?

Fumbling is a problem, and if not fixed ASAP will lead to a short NFL career for the young Hillman. BUT, he ran much stronger Saturday night than I've seen in a year and a preseason from him. If he can just work on ball protection he has a lot of potential.

I hope like hell he's working with Studes on how to protect the ball. If he can make that adjustment, then he will have a good year. Hell, I think he'll have a very good year.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #198
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Does it make it better that the majority of his preseason fumbles were against other teams starters?

Fumbling is a problem, and if not fixed ASAP will lead to a short NFL career for the young Hillman. BUT, he ran much stronger Saturday night than I've seen in a year and a preseason from him. If he can just work on ball protection he has a lot of potential.

I hope like hell he's working with Studes on how to protect the ball. If he can make that adjustment, then he will have a good year. Hell, I think he'll have a very good year.
With you there, I like the kid a ton but they have to work with him on this. And no, it doesn't make me feel better it was against starters
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #199
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Has one person said Denver should cut him? Drama Queen. He ain't ready to start though.

Besides Txtebow and well, his name says it all.
Apparently you missed fwf's earlier posts. Not that he needs me to defend him, but your accusation of Drama Queen towards NorCal is greatly misplaced. Txtebow and fwf are two more worthy candidates, don't you think?
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #200
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

The goal line plunge fumble was a bad call

The one Ogletree made was just a good play on a late whistle and Ogletree is going to make many a great play in his career, kid can ball.

I am not that worried about the fumbling nor am I worried about the Broncos running backs. We are going to have a great running game you will see.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote