The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #176
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Perhaps you can post a good homo sapien reconstruction?
Homo sapiens are modern humans.

Homo sapien sapiens would be the older version of us, otherwise known as Cro-Magnon's. I am on a cell phone, and don't know how to copy pictures.

I can assure you that what you posted is neither of the above. Not H. Ergaster or a Neanderthal either. The link to your picture came from tinypic.com or something. What was the original source?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #177
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Homo sapiens are modern humans.

Homo sapien sapiens would be the older version of us, otherwise known as Cro-Magnon's. I am on a cell phone, and don't know how to copy pictures.

I can assure you that what you posted is neither of the above. Not H. Ergaster or a Neanderthal either. The link to your picture came from tinypic.com or something. What was the original source?
It was some science page I found several days ago. Layman science articles don't seem to have accurate examples, apparently. It was some science news website or some crap.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #178
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Perhaps you can post a good homo sapien reconstruction?
Post #169. BTW, I found the one you posted. It's homo habilis.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #179
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Makes sense. The cranial capacity and other morphology bear that out. That and the controversy surrounding whether or not Habilis deserved being placed in its genus.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #180
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I googled sapiens and swear it was labeled as such. Oh well.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #181
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
You have failed me for the last time Admiral Nyuk Nyuk. *Darth Vader choke*
Old 08-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #182
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=226

There are things in the world much more complicated than dramallama can Google away. This basic fact of life will never change.

I love it. Better idea to stay out of a conversation where the science and logic is way over your head. I just said it to Beavis, and I'll say it to you: Google is your friend, but don't attempt to substitute it for a ****ing education. You can ise it to supplement or recall something you already know, but it's not a very good idea to wade into an area where you're clearly outclassed.

I know for a fact I wouldn't get into a football argument with Med, just as I wouldn't argue NASA history with broncosteven. Not sure about Rohirrim's academic background, but I'm well aware that this discussion was right up Req's alley, and you walked right into it.

I had all teh lulz.

Oh yeah, and...

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #183
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
You have failed me for the last time Admiral Nyuk Nyuk. *Darth Vader choke*
Wait a minute. We were going to start getting it on and making out at the movies. What happened?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #184
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=226

There are things in the world much more complicated than dramallama can Google away. This basic fact of life will never change.

I love it. Better idea to stay out of a conversation where the science and logic is way over your head. I just said it to Beavis, and I'll say it to you: Google is your friend, but don't attempt to substitute it for a ****ing education. You can ise it to supplement or recall something you already know, but it's not a very good idea to wade into an area where you're clearly outclassed.

I know for a fact I wouldn't get into a football argument with Med, just as I wouldn't argue NASA history with broncosteven. Not sure about Rohirrim's academic background, but I'm well aware that this discussion was right up Req's alley, and you walked right into it.

I had all teh lulz.

Oh yeah, and...

I understand your bruised ego has caused you to wait in the wings like an injured animal, waiting for a chance to pounce. I however did state that I did not have intimate knowledge of the topic but have conversed with some who have much more knowledge than I do. I've already stated that though considered modern human, the ancient homo sapiens did not have the distinct appearance of different human races of today, and indeed Req's article mentioned that, if you cared to look at it. The oldest Negroid racial skeleton that I know of, for example, is only about 5,000 years old.

From Req's link:

Using those novel mutation rates—capitalizing on information from ancient DNA—the authors calculate the last common ancestor for human mitochondrial lineages to around 160,000 years ago.

This means that, according to the “out of Africa” theory, the most recent common ancestor of Africans and non-Africans was between 62,000 and 95,000 years ago—the maximum date for mass migration out of Africa, if that theory is correct.

What it means is that the widely divergent racial types found on earth would have had far less time to speciate than previously believed. This in turn might very well underpin the rival multi-origin evolutionary theory, even though the new study did not say that.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #185
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I understand your bruised ego has caused you to wait in the wings like an injured animal, waiting for a chance to pounce. I however did state that I did not have intimate knowledge of the topic but have conversed with some who have much more knowledge than I do. I've already stated that though considered modern human, the ancient homo sapiens did not have the distinct appearance of different human races of today, and indeed Req's article mentioned that, if you cared to look at it. The oldest Negroid racial skeleton that I know of, for example, is only about 5,000 years old.

From Req's link:

Using those novel mutation rates—capitalizing on information from ancient DNA—the authors calculate the last common ancestor for human mitochondrial lineages to around 160,000 years ago.

This means that, according to the “out of Africa” theory, the most recent common ancestor of Africans and non-Africans was between 62,000 and 95,000 years ago—the maximum date for mass migration out of Africa, if that theory is correct.

What it means is that the widely divergent racial types found on earth would have had far less time to speciate than previously believed. This in turn might very well underpin the rival multi-origin evolutionary theory, even though the new study did not say that.

Bruised ego? That's rich, son! I took you to school and its there in digital form in perpetuity for all to see. Please, tell us more about employment law.

As far as the link, I will defer to someone with far greater knowledge on the subject than I have. Unlike you, I don't generally post about things that are outside my or my area of expertise and/or experience. But I will gladly put the smack down on you yet again, should you care to talk about constitutional law, linguistics, pre-imperial Roman history, 19th Century American history, German history including the Nazizeit and Hitler's expansion of gun ownership (ask errand about that one, ), the ins and outs of running a movie theater, and, of course, popping popcorn.

:yayay:

Now gtfo. I'm done abusing you for the night.

Last edited by houghtam; 08-24-2013 at 09:45 PM..
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #186
nyuk nyuk

Are you repeating it hoping it'll stick this time? Yet again you have ruffled your feathers for a peacock strut without answering a single iota of my post. I get it. You don't know.

Unless you're that hot guy at the Century Aurora, I don't want you touching my popcorn.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #187
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Wait a minute. We were going to start getting it on and making out at the movies. What happened?
We can still do that.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #188
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
We can still do that.
Am I about to be spanked?

If not, why?
Old 08-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #189
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Am I about to be spanked?

If not, why?
*bites ear and whispers* Come to the kitchen and find out baobay.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #190
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
*bites ear and whispers* Come to the kitchen and find out baobay.
Coming darling....
Old 08-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #191
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Coming darling....
Already? Babe, you are waterfall!