The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #51
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Why are you not worried about ***ushima?
Why are you not worried about a billion other riskier things?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #52
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,544
Default

What could be riskier than the likely destruction of the gene pool of the human race?

That's what is at risk -- because of F-u-k-u shima.

But there's no way to cash in on this -- so W*gs focuses on Climate Change -- a la Al Gore. BIG money to be made, there.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #53
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
What could be riskier than the likely destruction of the gene pool of the human race?

That's what is at risk -- because of F-u-k-u shima.
Unlikely in the extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney
But there's no way to cash in on this -- so W*gs focuses on Climate Change -- a la Al Gore. BIG money to be made, there.
Go back to sucking PCR's caulk.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #54
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,449

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Why are you not worried about a billion other riskier things?
Name five.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #55
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
What could be riskier than the likely destruction of the gene pool of the human race?

That's what is at risk -- because of F-u-k-u shima.
Wow, that's quite a stretch.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #56
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Name five.
1) A reptilian eating your flesh.
2) Bad beans.
3) Your bitterness causing a heart attack.
4) Corrupt Mexican cops/officials offing the gringo.
5) Having all your gold fall onto you and squish you like a wee bug.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #57
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,449

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

I am worried about #1
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #58
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Reptilians only live underground at DIA. Come on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #59
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,544
Default

W*gs is only in it for the money.

This explains everything. End of story.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #60
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
W*gs is only in it for the money.

This explains everything. End of story.
I'm not the one writing books about 9/11 for my personal profit.
Attached Images
File Type: gif gaff-o.gif (167.1 KB, 32 views)
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #61
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
What could be riskier than the likely destruction of the gene pool of the human race?

That's what is at risk -- because of F-u-k-u shima.

But there's no way to cash in on this -- so W*gs focuses on Climate Change -- a la Al Gore. BIG money to be made, there.

MHG
What about Chernobyl?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #62
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

It will be generations down the road to analyze the side effects of this in an honest matter. Kind of like the incidents at OK Tedi due to mining.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #63
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
It will be generations down the road to analyze the side effects of this in an honest matter. Kind of like the incidents at OK Tedi due to mining.
True but thus far I've not heard of the kind of fallout levels remotely seen form Chernobyl. These reactors are still inside containment facilities, even if cracked and leaking. Chernobyl was blown totally open and the building above destroyed. The reactor shot straight out into the sky, so high people fishing nearby saw a huge blue flame coming out.

I'm old enough to remember it. We had fallout raining down on us in Denver that was measurable at higher levels than what we've gotten from F-uk-ushima. My older sister complained of her eyes burning.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #64
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,449

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
I'm not the one writing books about 9/11 for my personal profit.
The truth will come out about the events of 9/11 some day question is when.

Steel structure buildings do not fall down on their footprint (#7) because some debris fell and a small fire.

If anyone accepts the official story 100% than they are either stupid or in complete denial. If one part of the story is fabricated the entire story needs to be looked at. Look whose interests have been benefited from the 9/11 attack.Look how the country has been changed.

What is amazing is more questions are not being asked.

What else is amazing is the moronic ridicule heaped on those who are asking reasonable questions about the official story.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #65
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
True but thus far I've not heard of the kind of fallout levels remotely seen form Chernobyl. These reactors are still inside containment facilities, even if cracked and leaking. Chernobyl was blown totally open and the building above destroyed. The reactor shot straight out into the sky, so high people fishing nearby saw a huge blue flame coming out.

I'm old enough to remember it. We had fallout raining down on us in Denver that was measurable at higher levels than what we've gotten from F-uk-ushima. My older sister complained of her eyes burning.
Chernobyl was never in containment. The reactor building was open.

***ushima is worse for many reasons -- the first is because at Chernobyl only one reactor melted down -- whereas four melted down at ***ushima.

The potential release at ***ushima is at least 100 X Chernobyl -- when the stored spent fuel rods are included.

Each reactor at ***ushima also presents a different set of problems. So ***u is like Chernobyl on steroids. MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #66
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The truth will come out about the events of 9/11 some day question is when.

Steel structure buildings do not fall down on their footprint (#7) because some debris fell and a small fire.

If anyone accepts the official story 100% than they are either stupid or in complete denial. If one part of the story is fabricated the entire story needs to be looked at. Look whose interests have been benefited from the 9/11 attack.Look how the country has been changed.

What is amazing is more questions are not being asked.

What else is amazing is the moronic ridicule heaped on those who are asking reasonable questions about the official story.
People think 9/11 is old news. But this is wrong.

When criminals go free -- they become emboldened.

Past is prologue.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #67
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Chernobyl was never in containment. The reactor building was open.

***ushima is worse for many reasons -- the first is because at Chernobyl only one reactor melted down -- whereas four melted down at ***ushima.

The potential release at ***ushima is at least 100 X Chernobyl -- when the stored spent fuel rods are included.

Each reactor at ***ushima also presents a different set of problems. So ***u is like Chernobyl on steroids. MHG
Yes I know the Chernobyl building had no containment. That was my point. Emphasize potential release, not what is released. Containment facilities and reactors intact, even if somewhat damaged and leaking to a degree.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #68
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,341
Default

Not that baja and gaffe will let science interfere with their scaredy-cat I-pooped-myself-out-of-fear lifestyle...

What Does the ***ushima Leak Mean for America?

Last edited by W*GS; 08-25-2013 at 10:23 AM..
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #69
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,449

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Not that baja and gaffe will let science interfere with their scaredy-cat I-pooped-myself-out-of-fear lifestyle...

What Does the ***ushima Leak Mean for America?

We're Sorry, This Page Is Not Available!


It has been deteriorated by radiation.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #70
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
We're Sorry, This Page Is Not Available!


It has been deteriorated by radiation.
Blame the mods for replacing the letter combination "F-u-k" with "***".

Apparently we can't handle those three letters together. Too naughty.

Try this: http://tinyurl.com/lbx8t9q

Last edited by W*GS; 08-25-2013 at 10:24 AM..
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #71
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
We're Sorry, This Page Is Not Available!


It has been deteriorated by radiation.
Fix the link, change the *** to the appropriate letters that this idiot forum's software censored out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #72
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Yes I know the Chernobyl building had no containment. That was my point. Emphasize potential release, not what is released. Containment facilities and reactors intact, even if somewhat damaged and leaking to a degree.
Containment has already been lost at ***ushima. The containment vessel for at least one of the reactors -- has been breached. Possibly more. This means we could face a China Syndrome -- a new and much worse release in the future.

Nor has containment prevented the release of huge amounts of radiation into the sea. The Japanese have flooded the reactors with water to keep the temperatures from rising -- but the water has been leaking into the sea -- contaminating the Pacific.

Also -- the spent fuel rods have no containment whatsoever. If they are exposed to air they will burn and this release alone would be vastly greater than Chernobyl.

The crisis is not over -- far from it. It will probably continue for many years -- as there is no real solution. MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #73
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,544
Default why ***ushima is so bad

We have a lot to learn about the effects of radiation. People assume the problems are long term -- increased cancer risk. But some of the most serous effects develop quickly -- and have nothing to do with cancer.

Check out this video with Dr Chris Busby, an expert on health effects from radiation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Kkuo-IK-A

It turns out that radioactive cesium 137 causes vascular disease -- in a matter of months. There has been an explosive increase in strokes and heart attacks -- in Japan since the event. Especially in children.

Also see:
http://enenews.com/expert-beware-***...ed-areas-video

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #74
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
It turns out that radioactive cesium 137 causes vascular disease -- in a matter of months. There has been an explosive increase in strokes and heart attacks -- in Japan since the event. Especially in children.
Show me the data that supports the above assertions, please.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #75
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Containment has already been lost at ***ushima. The containment vessel for at least one of the reactors -- has been breached. Possibly more. This means we could face a China Syndrome -- a new and much worse release in the future.

Nor has containment prevented the release of huge amounts of radiation into the sea. The Japanese have flooded the reactors with water to keep the temperatures from rising -- but the water has been leaking into the sea -- contaminating the Pacific.
Cracks in reactor containment do not equal containment loss. That term insinuates there is no containment whatsoever. How about saying it is leaking?
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Denver Broncos