The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #101
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
It seems to me that if the right media is obsessed with black crime, than the left media are at least as obsessed about underreporting
That's my point exactly. They have ratings goals to meet.

Glad you're coming around.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #102
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
And notice how quickly Buchanan glosses over that one of the accused was white.

It doesn't fit his narrative.
You mean the Oklahoma murder? Are mulattoes black or not? Whose narrative are we effing up here? This kid had a black father, just like Obama.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #103
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
That's my point exactly. They have ratings goals to meet.

Glad you're coming around.

By cable network news ratings, then, more people want the bias of Fox than that of CNN or MSNBC?
Old 08-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #104
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
By cable network news ratings, then, more people want the bias of Fox than that of CNN or MSNBC?
Yep.

And more people like the Dallas Cowboys than the Denver Broncos.

I never said anything about the intelligence of the people driving those ratings.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #105
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Yep.

And more people like the Dallas Cowboys than the Denver Broncos.

I never said anything about the intelligence of the people driving those ratings.
So the people don't want certain networks mentioning a person's political affiliation even if he's in office and is deeply embroiled in scandal?

With Sleazy Democratic Mayor Finally Set to Resign, ABC and NBC Again Skip Party ID

I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't explain everything that's going on.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #106
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So the people don't want certain networks mentioning a person's political affiliation even if he's in office and is deeply embroiled in scandal?

With Sleazy Democratic Mayor Finally Set to Resign, ABC and NBC Again Skip Party ID

I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't explain everything that's going on.
Wow, talk about over-parsing. Let me ask you this: if NBC were under some directive to leave out party names, why would MSNBC (not to mention Comedy Central) be talking about this story 24/7?

More likely we're talking about a case of a host skipping over words on a teleprompter than anything sinister.

Seriously, this is what you've got?
Old 08-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #107
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Isn't blaming high black crime rates on whites bigotry?
Trying your darndest to justify the "dangerous black man" meme is well, bigotry. Next you'll be telling us that they're all reefer addicts and are sexually insatiable.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #108
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Trying your darndest to justify the "dangerous black man" meme is well, bigotry. Next you'll be telling us that they're all reefer addicts and are sexually insatiable.
Accurate crime data is neither bigotry nor a meme. You can frame it in any way you choose.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #109
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Wow, talk about over-parsing. Let me ask you this: if NBC were under some directive to leave out party names, why would MSNBC (not to mention Comedy Central) be talking about this story 24/7?

More likely we're talking about a case of a host skipping over words on a teleprompter than anything sinister.

Seriously, this is what you've got?
I see that as a rationalization that doesn't mean anything.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #110
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Actually I'm not. Invoking a one drop rule from 500 years ago isn't going to cut it. I'll file your post under "media science" and move on.
You act like you're proud to be from a shallow gene pool. Embrace diversity, man. The beauty of natural selection is to carry on the best traits of the species.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #111
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
The right’s black crime obsession

Conservative media's total fixation on black-on-black and black-on-white crime isn't going to end. Here's why
BY BRIAN BEUTLER

There are a few black people up to no good in this country and Fox News is on it! So is Drudge Report. Vigilantly on the lookout, 24 hours a day, for stories about black youths behaving badly.

This isn’t a particularly new phenomenon, but it’s intensified noticeably in the past year for at least two reasons. Conservatives, particularly white conservatives, feel a burning urgency to find a racial counterweight to the aftermath of Trayvon Martin’s shooting (including President Obama’s public comments about the incident), a logical response to the argument that things like background checks and an assault weapons ban are appropriate ways to reduce the likelihood of another Sandy Hook-style massacre, and anecdotal justifications for indiscriminate policing of dangerous neighborhoods.

But these are hopeless pursuits. The incidents they draw attention to fail by definition to underscore the things they believe. They all require projecting motives or details or both into tragic events, to create false dichotomies between shootings perpetrated by whites and blacks. They have the unhealthy effect of creating dueling tallies of white-on-black and black-on-white crime. And ironically they all tend to underscore the argument that more “stand your ground” laws and more racial profiling are off-point responses to these incidents.

The latest conservative cri de coeur is over the tragic shooting death of Chris Lane, a 22-year-old Australian attending East Central University in Oklahoma on a baseball scholarship. Two teen boys spotted Lane on a jog last week, trailed him in a car, and allegedly shot him fatally in the back (a third teen reportedly served as their driver). One of the suspects said the boys committed the murder out of boredom.

Word of the shooting spread quickly. And that’s when the right clumsily revealed that its obsession with gun violence reflects an obsession with racial score settling rather than with averting further tragedies. The conservative media, including Fox News, repeated the claim that the Oklahoma suspects were all black. But this turned out to be a toxic mix of racial bias and wishful thinking. You almost wonder whether the people whose ulterior motives led them into error like this actually lamented the fact that one of the suspects happened to be white. It would be so much more convenient if that weren’t the case.

But let’s pretend for a minute that the suspects had all fit the stereotype the hosts at Fox and Friends wanted. Then the idea is that Chris Lane’s death should somehow offset Trayvon Martin’s, or that the people who sought to turn George Zimmerman’s actions into a national referendum on “stand your ground” laws are somehow hypocritical for having little to say when the races of the culprits and innocent victims are reversed. For reactionary Obama foes like former Rep. Allen West, R-Fla., the obvious question is, “Whom will POTUS identify w/this time?”

I’ll give West, et al., this: If you ignore motive, circumstance, history and (likely) outcome, then liberals, particularly black liberals, sure seem craven. By that standard, though, Jean Valjean and John, King of England are moral equals — just a couple of guys with similar names taking other people’s property.

So let’s review: George Zimmerman wouldn’t have shot Trayvon Martin if he hadn’t been profiling by race. And even if he had been, the shooting feasibly wouldn’t have happened if he hadn’t been legally allowed to carry a handgun and didn’t think he was empowered by law to take matters into his own hands. The monstrous killing of Chris Lane has no such back story. The killers apparently had no motive whatsoever, were armed illegally, and certainly weren’t trailing Lane because they believed, based on his race, that he might be a criminal. They are, however, likely to face serious prison time for their crimes. Zimmerman walked.

Put that all together, and it turns out these stories aren’t counter-parallel at all. And more to the point, the events don’t even anecdotally augur for policies the right supports. The kids in Oklahoma weren’t “standing their ground,” and a “stand your ground” law wouldn’t have saved Chris Lane. Neither would a stop-and-frisk regime — the killers were trailing him in a car. By contrast, a “stand your ground” environment and a stop-and-frisk mentality were instrumental in Trayvon Martin’s death. Take either away, and there’s a good chance he’d be alive today. Martin in fact personified the statistical folly of stop-and-frisk. If Zimmerman had yielded to real police, they would have, in absence of any suspicious behavior, stopped Martin, frisked him and found only the skittles and iced tea that made his death that much more tragically poignant.

You could twist that into a claim that stop-and-frisk might have saved Martin’s life. But that gets the onus backward. Proponents of profiling policies need to do better than argue we have to violate the civil rights of minorities in order to protect them from hair-triggered vigilantes.

What might well have stopped both killings, though, is making it harder for people, legally or illegally, to come into possession of handguns. That’s a conversation the right is less obsessed with.
No, Trayvon wouldn't have gotten shot if he would've simply retreated home ASAP or called the police (instead of his girl friend) instead of proceeding to commit a violent assault on someone who unfortunately for him happened to be licensed to carry a concealed handgun.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #112
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Maybe it's because the left media never address it unless it's within a narrow context of blaming whites? It seems to me that if the right media is obsessed with black crime, than the left media are at least as obsessed about underreporting and covering it up.

This article can only be posted because a black guy wrote it --

Don’t Ignore Race in Christopher Lane’s Murder
The association of young black men with violence doesn't come out of thin air
Horrible but true in today's PC police state....
Old 08-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #113
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
You act like you're proud to be from a shallow gene pool. Embrace diversity, man. The beauty of natural selection is to carry on the best traits of the species.
I embrace diversity and it sounds like you want to destroy it. I don't come from a shallow gene pool. Do you? You either want everyone looking alike or you like diversity. You can't have both.

I'm also wondering. How is it a "benefit" if someone that comes from a group with an average IQ of say, 100, mates with someone that comes from a group with an average IQ of 85 and produces children with IQs that average intermediate between those groups and display the physical characteristics of one group but not the other, thus erasing the diversity you claim to cherish? I find that rather confusing.

Last edited by nyuk nyuk; 08-23-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Old 08-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #114
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Horrible but true in today's PC police state....
It is but it didn't address the race hate angle. No white person in media could have said what he did and keep their job, even if everything they said was factually accurate.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #115
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I see that as a rationalization that doesn't mean anything.
Of course you do. Because it doesn't fit your world view.

So sorry. Can you and txtebow point to the doll where the bad black man hurt you? It's the only thing that can explain your disgusting vendetta.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #116
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default and of course the white infant shot point blank by 2 black teens

but the media uproar and DOJ sanctioned rallies only occur if the attackers and the victims fit a certain narrative...and it ain't THIS narrative............

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/georgia-baby-killed
Old 08-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #117
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Accurate crime data is neither bigotry nor a meme. You can frame it in any way you choose.
If you're going to go that route, you'd be more rational to fear and loathe men, because men commit practically all crime, especially violent crime.

On the other hand, what are the odds that a black man that you meet will commit a crime against you, in terms of N:1.

Got that ratio handy?
Old 08-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #118
nyuk nyuk

Quote:

So sorry. Can you and txtebow point to the doll where the bad black man hurt you? It's the only thing that can explain your disgusting vendetta.
I'm not such a blind worshiper of the market that I think the market controls everything in media. People with agendas and biases control those outlets and the ideological biases that come from many of those outlets point in a certain direction. The market apparently wants us to hide ideologically inconvenient facts that hurt some peoples' feelings? I simply do not buy it.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #119
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:

It's to put your liberal nose into the disgusting pile of hypocrisy that you and your ilk subscribe to when it comes to the irrational coverage of race (potential)crimes involving white attackers and black victims.

Meanwhile in today's world, the more prevalent violent interracial crimes where blacks are the aggressors and whites are the victims barely get more than a day's coverage before the topic is changed to some other "newsworthy" event....they certainly don't get 15 months worth of front page coverage and DOJ funded rallies and political intervention by the DOJ to the local authorities to bring to trial someone who had a legitimate claim to self defense (hence why a GRAND JURY was never used in Florida). Until you are able to recognize this fundamental disparity in our current culture and media then I will continue to "housebreak" you......
Old 08-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #120
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
If you're going to go that route, you'd be more rational to fear and loathe men, because men commit practically all crime, especially violent crime.

On the other hand, what are the odds that a black man that you meet will commit a crime against you, in terms of N:1.

Got that ratio handy?
This is a perfect example. You find it OK to talk about the massive crime rate by men but recoil in uncomfortable horror, soiling your shorts and shaking in outrage when similarly disproportionate amounts are committed by blacks vs whites. That's not logical and it reeks of politics and censorship.

I neither fear and loathe men any more than I do black people. Again, you interpret reality in a hostile way due to your biases of my overall views.

Yes I have actually had crimes committed against me by blacks, including assault and groping.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #121
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
It's to put your liberal nose into the disgusting pile of hypocrisy that you and your ilk subscribe to when it comes to the irrational coverage of race (potential)crimes involving white attackers and black victims.
But the American people WANT the media to be racially hypocritical! Don't you get it, silly man?
Old 08-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #122
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Old 08-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #123
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
This is a perfect example. You find it OK to talk about the massive crime rate by men but recoil in uncomfortable horror, soiling your shorts and shaking in outrage when similarly disproportionate amounts are committed by blacks vs whites. That's not logical and it reeks of politics and censorship.

I neither fear and loathe men any more than I do black people. Again, you interpret reality in a hostile way due to your biases of my overall views.

Yes I have actually had crimes committed against me by blacks, including assault and groping.
Well that explains your fetish.

Now once we can get txtebow to admit it, we can move on and let the healing begin.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #124
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wait a sec - if you, as a white person (drop the "I'm a girl" ****), tremble in fear at the possibly rapacious and subhuman nature of the black man, then you really ought to quake at the sight of any man. Given that there are more white men than black men, then you're at far greater risk from a random white guy than a random black guy.

You've still not provided scientific gene-based definitions for "race".

Perhaps you can go back to the ol' "1/64th" rule.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #125
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Well that explains your fetish.

Now once we can get txtebow to admit it, we can move on and let the healing begin.
What fetish? I've also had plenty of black men hold open doors for me and offer to carry my groceries.