The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #51
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

"Mark the tape" Adam Schein is wrong. Again. 11-5, #3 AFC seed and Superbowl Champs!!!
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #52
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Moved

Last edited by DivineLegion; 08-21-2013 at 08:04 PM..
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #53
jmz313
Ring of Famer

You are, what your record says you are.

the Broncos have no more question marks then any other team with high expectations. At least in the AFC.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:00 AM   #54
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Lakers
Angels
Nationals

Nothing is decided in preseason predictions, especially by those in the media that aren't often as close to the game as they think. What's wrong with letting the games play out instead of trying to be Football Nostradamus?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #55
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
You are, what your record says you are.

the Broncos have no more question marks then any other team with high expectations. At least in the AFC.
The Pats and Steelers and Ravens all have lots of question marks.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #56
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
The Pats and Steelers and Ravens all have lots of question marks.
Agree on Pats and Steelers, but I'd say the Ravens probably have fewer questions than the Broncos. Their offseason started poorly and trended up (other than maybe the Pitta injury which happened later) while ours did the opposite.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #57
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Agree on Pats and Steelers, but I'd say the Ravens probably have fewer questions than the Broncos. Their offseason started poorly and trended up (other than maybe the Pitta injury which happened later) while ours did the opposite.
Meh. Everyone thought the Ravens were a flawed team going into the playoffs last year. Then 4 games happened where JoeFla discovered the jump ball, and it worked for some insane reason. And for some even more insane reason, they walked Anquan out the door to go along with all the other player turnover they had.

I just don't see lightning striking twice in their case. But I guess we'll find out more in two weeks. Hard to believe.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #58
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I have to agree with TonyR on this. Denver has sooo many questions ESP D at this point everybody is a tough challenge for us. Can Denver beat anybody they face sure they can. The Ravens are weaker but, still physical and throw deep two things Denver has a history of struggling with. Something nobody talks about that might and might not show up is all the distractions that hit this offseason will it cause sloppy play early on? This is why we play the games to find out.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #59
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Meh. Everyone thought the Ravens were a flawed team going into the playoffs last year. Then 4 games happened where JoeFla discovered the jump ball, and it worked for some insane reason. And for some even more insane reason, they walked Anquan out the door to go along with all the other player turnover they had.

I just don't see lightning striking twice in their case. But I guess we'll find out more in two weeks. Hard to believe.
Agreed, I've been saying this from Go. At some point at the end of the season, Flacco figured out that throwing the ball up for grabs in Boldin's general vicinity was a really good idea and Boldin was killin it (though, iirc, he didnt do much against us). Anyway, have no clue why they let him walk.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #60
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I have to agree with TonyR on this. Denver has sooo many questions ESP D at this point everybody is a tough challenge for us. Can Denver beat anybody they face sure they can. The Ravens are weaker but, still physical and throw deep two things Denver has a history of struggling with. Something nobody talks about that might and might not show up is all the distractions that hit this offseason will it cause sloppy play early on? This is why we play the games to find out.
I think Von getting suspended just takes pressure of the Broncos to be the best team in the NFL. That is, if the Broncos don't play well, or lose a few more games, all the talking heads will be like "see, they aren't that good." All that matters is the post season.

The Broncos set the regular season bar so high last year that anything less than 12+ wins is considered abnormal. The only thing that really matters is getting into the playoffs and then the real pressure starts.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #61
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Agreed, I've been saying this from Go. At some point at the end of the season, Flacco figured out that throwing the ball up for grabs in Boldin's general vicinity was a really good idea and Boldin was killin it (though, iirc, he didnt do much against us). Anyway, have no clue why they let him walk.
the OC change helped Flacco too, Caldwell definitely had a positive effect.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #62
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think Von getting suspended just takes pressure of the Broncos to be the best team in the NFL. That is, if the Broncos don't play well, or lose a few more games, all the talking heads will be like "see, they aren't that good." All that matters is the post season.

The Broncos set the regular season bar so high last year that anything less than 12+ wins is considered abnormal. The only thing that really matters is getting into the playoffs and then the real pressure starts.
I agree with this 100%

I'm just looking at now not later at this point
Old 08-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #63
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
The Ravens are weaker but...
Unfortunately I think the Ravens got better defensively. Definitely younger and faster, and now they have Doom to bookend with a healthy Suggs. That's some nasty stuff right there.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #64
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think Von getting suspended just takes pressure of the Broncos to be the best team in the NFL...
This is what I'm trying to talk myself into. I actually do think it's a net positive that the media is pulling back on us.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #65
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Unfortunately I think the Ravens got better defensively. Definitely younger and faster, and now they have Doom to bookend with a healthy Suggs. That's some nasty stuff right there.
Weaker O but, yeah I expect their D to be better.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #66
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Yeah I agree. They could repeat this year. The one thing that will help is their lack of receiving talent.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #67
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
(if I remember correctly they only beat one team with a winning record).
They beat two teams, both on the road, with winning records. Bengals and Ravens.

The schedule is much easier this year.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #68
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
They beat two teams, both on the road, with winning records. Bengals and Ravens.
You're right, I forgot about the Bengals.