The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #151
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
Oh but I think it is. Whether you like it or not, the public perception is that the republicans are saying:

"We're going to repeal Obamacare and when we do we'll replace it with... um... something. And it'll be really great! Really! You'll see! Trust us."

If you think that's going to fly with most voters you're dreaming. If the repubs have any chance at all of repeal they better tell us what they plan to replace Obamacare with -- in detail.
There's no funding to insure our new Part-timer nation. Congress in it's chronically finite wisdom didn't see it coming. The uninsured will mostly remain so. Rates will spiral. People who were told Obamacare was going to reduce costs will be exposed to the real world.

If you knew what was coming, you'd be begging for repeal right now. Because when the public sees this turd in action is when things get really interesting.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #152
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Wow, even when I reiterate, you fail to comprehend. Care to try again?
No, I get it. Being a cancer patient with no insurance is easier than living a life sans Big-Oil.

Makes total sense. And is super consistent with what you kids have said all along.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #153
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
No, I get it. Being a cancer patient with no insurance is easier than living a life sans Big-Oil.

Makes total sense. And is super consistent with what you kids have said all along.
That is not at all what I am saying. Hooked on Phonics -- get a copy bub.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #154
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
That is not at all what I am saying. Hooked on Phonics -- get a copy bub.
Feel free to reiterate.

Quote:
Oil = essential and unavoidable to live life on a daily basis.

Health Insurance under parent's plan = not essential and unavoidable to live life on a daily basis.
Health care... less essential than oil. This could lead us down all sorts of fun roads.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #155
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
There's no funding to insure our new Part-timer nation. Congress in it's chronically finite wisdom didn't see it coming. The uninsured will mostly remain so. Rates will spiral. People who were told Obamacare was going to reduce costs will be exposed to the real world.

If you knew what was coming, you'd be begging for repeal right now. Because when the public sees this turd in action is when things get really interesting.
We'll see. If there are problems the first step is reform. I never expected the program to work perfectly right off the bat. That's unrealistic.

If repeated reforms fail to produce results and we are worse off than the mess we used to have then I'll seriously consider supporting full repeal. Right now republican's demand of full repeal before the PPACA has been given any chance at working is unreasonable IMO.
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #156
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Feel free to reiterate.

Health care... less essential than oil. This could lead us down all sorts of fun roads.
Already did reiterate. That you are either to stupid or simply lack the integrity to respond honestly is your own problem bub.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #157
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
We'll see. If there are problems the first step is reform. I never expected the program to work perfectly right off the bat. That's unrealistic.

If repeated reforms fail to produce results and we are worse off than the mess we used to have then I'll seriously consider supporting full repeal. Right now republican's demand of full repeal before the PPACA has been given any chance at working is unreasonable IMO.
Unfortunately, the ACA lowballed virtually all the of the realistic costs because they wanted it to look cheap during passage. An accounting gimmick normally considered criminal when traded companies engage in it.

But squeezing the next trillion or so it will take through Congress is going to be much trickier (impossible) this time.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #158
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:

No, according to Beavis, the first step should be wait and do nothing and see what happens for a long period of time.

You know, let the data "percolate" a bit?

Interesting how when it comes to climate change, there's just not enough data, yet for Obamacare, it's already time to repeal or defund based on...conjecture and opinion?

Double standard.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #159
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
No, according to Beavis, the first step should be wait and do nothing and see what happens for a long period of time.

Interesting how when it comes to climate change, there's just not enough data, yet for Obamacare, it's already time to repeal or defund based on...conjecture and opinion?

Double standard.
If you're really expecting any kind of intellectual integrity from Beavis apparently you and me haven't been reading the same posts.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #160
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

Double standard.
You've got it backwards. Obamacare is still just a theory.

$1.76 trillion (around $13,000 per US household) just to see how it works. Pretty amazing when you realize that at it's heart the plan really is to take the former Democratic victims of society poster children known as "the uninsured" and start a PR/enforcement effort to cajole and shame the dirty freeloaders into buying the insurance they could've bought all along.

Some plan.

But I will give you credit. You're consistent in both approaches. Spend spend spend. Hope something good happens despite all odds.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #161
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You've got it backwards. Obamacare is still just a theory.

$1.76 trillion (around $13,000 per US household) just to see how it works. Pretty amazing when you realize that at it's heart the plan really is to take the former Democratic victims of society poster children known as "the uninsured" and start a PR/enforcement effort to cajole and shame the dirty freeloaders into buying the insurance they could've bought all along.

Some plan.

But I will give you credit. You're consistent in both approaches. Spend spend spend. Hope something good happens despite all odds.
It's the law. It's not going anywhere. You can't defund it because most of it is permanent.

And more importantly, there's still a lot of data out there to be considered.

We need to let it percolate, I think.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #162
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
It's the law. It's not going anywhere. You can't defund it because most of it is permanent.

And more importantly, there's still a lot of data out there to be considered.

We need to let it percolate, I think.

The "law" which can apparently be set aside by executive discretion. I'm sure someone will think that comes in handy later on.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #163
BroncoBeavis

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23221800/...ousal-coverage

Quote:
"The University estimates the effects of the Affordable Care Act for this coming year alone are going to add $7 million to the cost of us implementing and operating our health plan," said UVA spokesperson McGregor McCance.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #164
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The "law" which can apparently be set aside by executive discretion. I'm sure someone will think that comes in handy later on.

Political suicide.

If you think any president will set aside a law which will effectively eliminate health care coverage for millions after they've already received it, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Unfortunately that bridge is crumbling due to your party's inability to fund infrastructure reform.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #165
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

Political suicide.

If you think any president will set aside a law which will effectively eliminate health care coverage for millions after they've already received it, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Unfortunately that bridge is crumbling due to your party's inability to fund infrastructure reform.
You don't have to kick people off of a death spiral. They mostly remove themselves.

But mostly I was thinking about how useful it'll be in other cases. Essentially any liberal priority can be waived off by future Presidents. And you're helping lay that groundwork. Congrats.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #166
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You don't have to kick people off of a death spiral. They mostly remove themselves.

But mostly I was thinking about how useful it'll be in other cases. Essentially any liberal priority can be waived off by future Presidents. And you're helping lay that groundwork. Congrats.
Selective enforcement has been around since day one. We're all about as complicit in that by your reasoning.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #167
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Selective enforcement has been around since day one. We're all about as complicit in that by your reasoning.
We're not talking about prosecutorial or administrative discretion here. We're talking

"Hey, companies, contributors, friends. I caught word that this law I signed mandates that you pay for certain things a certain way. I know that you don't like that. And I also know that there are midterm elections next year. Therefore, by my decree, you don't have to pay what the law says you do. Just do your own thing. Consumers can pick up the difference. Just try to remember us next November. Or else I might change my mind."
Old 08-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #168
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Interesting...

Quote:
Huffington Post’s Jason Cherkis spent two days at the Kentucky State Fair with workers from Kynect, the state’s health marketplace. He came back with a better understanding of deep-fried Kool Aid (“funnel cake dough flavored with the powdered drink mix”) and this fantastic anecdote.
A middle-aged man in a red golf shirt shuffles up to a small folding table with gold trim, in a booth adorned with a flotilla of helium balloons, where government workers at the Kentucky State Fair are hawking the virtues of Kynect, the state’s health benefit exchange established by Obamacare.

The man is impressed. “This beats Obamacare I hope,” he mutters to one of the workers.

“Do I burst his bubble?” wonders Reina Diaz-Dempsey, overseeing the operation. She doesn’t. If he signs up, it’s a win-win, whether he knows he’s been ensnared by Obamacare or not.
This speaks to a point that others, particularly Jonathan Bernstein, have already made: When Americans actually interact with Obamacare, it won’t be called Obamacare at all. In Kentucky, for example, it will be Kynect, the state health marketplace. In Idaho, local residents will purchase coverage from Your Health Idaho. Covered Oregon will serve (surprise!) Oregonians, while neighboring Washingtonians will purchase coverage from WAHealthPlanFinder. If you watch the ads that states have produced to support their marketplaces, they rarely mention the federal law that has set these changes in action.

This means it’s entirely possible that, even as people start signing up for Obamacare, the program won’t get much more popular at all, something Democrats have roundly expected. “If the ACA works as its sponsors hope, quite a lot of people — maybe the majority — who get their insurance from the exchanges will tell you that, no, they have private insurance,” Bernstein wrote recently in the American Prospect. ”They aren’t getting anything from Obamacare.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...out-obamacare/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...03&ir=Business

http://prospect.org/article/acas-obamacare-problem
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #169
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Thanks for the reads. The prospect article was a hoot!

I never thought about it like this before but it's entirely possible that ten years from now, even as the PPACA is in full force, many people will be wondering what ever happened to "Obamacare?"
Old 08-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #170
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Poll: Republicans hate ‘Obamacare,’ but like most of what it does

I recently mentioned that there’s yet another poll showing that most of the Affordable Care Act’s provisions are popular, even as the bill itself remained unpopular. That poll was from Reuters/Ipsos, and Greg Sargent smartly asked them for the crosstabs. Digging in, he found that the ironies go even deeper than that. It’s not just that most of the Affordable Care Act’s provisions are popular. It’s that they’re popular with Republicans:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-what-it-does/

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 08-27-2013 at 07:38 PM..
Old 08-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #171
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The funny thing is, that headline could easily read:

Poll: Republicans Hate Obamacare, Have No ****ing Clue What It Entails
Old 08-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #172
Rigs11
Ring of Famer