The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 03:09 AM   #26
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Nah, I gotta disagree with that. When you have guys like the Whizzinator, and DJ providing non human samples, providing piss from vials etc then you're leaving the league no choice but to take that stance.

And players hydrate all the time but you don't hear about dozens of players getting into trouble because their piss is diluted.

Von does have asthma or some condition that does require medication so not sure that played a part in it or not but he's not blame free here.
Of course, this is all the NFL's fault really, seeing as they could use much more effective testing methods than urinalysis.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:13 AM   #27
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Part of his next contract could be free weed. He's dumb enough that it just might work.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #28
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Which is complete BS! It's a very flawed way of doing business. It's very possible that he did in fact accidentally drop his sample...turned around and drank a **** ton of water. It happens. It's a very awkward position having another dude watching you take a piss.
Lol. He knew what he was doing, and you'll get over it.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:53 AM   #29
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Lawrence Taylor had lots of problems but the giants weren't dumb enough to get rid of him.
Very, very different era when you could get away with players being complete idiots off the field. Doesn't work that way any more.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #30
Navy Broncos Fan

No way in hell the diluted sample is from drinking to much water. 15 years of piss tests in the military and I have never heard of drinking to much water. More likely water was added after the sample was taken.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #31
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

He isn't going anywhere kids, calm down.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #32
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Broncos Fan View Post
No way in hell the diluted sample is from drinking to much water. 15 years of piss tests in the military and I have never heard of drinking to much water. More likely water was added after the sample was taken.
I can see a scenario where Von actually did accidentally spill his first sample and after the workout when they asked for another he could only provide a small amount of urine given that he had been sweating from his workout and really didn't have much urine in his bladder and being the Einstein that he apparently is decided to top it off with a little water to get the sample to the black line on the jar. That would explain why he was so confident he would not be suspended. He was unaware of the consequences of his decision.

Last edited by baja; 08-21-2013 at 07:15 AM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #33
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Ok so from more details emerging it doesn't appear that Von is in Stage 3:

So I don't believe he actually IS in stage 3.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 19m

Reality I've confirmed for #Broncos star Von Miller: He is now in Stage 3 of @NFL's drug policy. Next violation is minimum 1-year suspension

https://twitter.com/RapSheet

Players move to Stage 3 if they have two positive tests when in Stage 2 or one positive test to go with one instance when the player failed to comply with the program.

Players who are placed into Stage 3 remain in Stage 3 for the remainder of their careers.

The minimum suspension for a violation in Stage 3 is a calendar year.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2371127...drugs-policies
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #34
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Very, very different era when you could get away with players being complete idiots off the field. Doesn't work that way any more.
Why? The point is, you don't give up on a guy with unique talent like that. You just don't.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #35
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Broncos Fan View Post
I failed a test in college due to dilution. I was working out a lot at the time and was drinking ~100 oz of water a day. Hadn't done weed in a couple of years.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #36
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yep. If you look at suspensions there's very little from that era. Ha there been strict rules like today half the league would've been suspended.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #37
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Long term it should save the Broncos a lot of money at the negotiation table when his contract comes due.

I doubt Miller is going anywhere anytime soon.

He's still an idiot though.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #38
Powderaddict

I'd be shocked if the FO doesn't roll out the red carpet and pay him handsomely.

Doesn't the team automatically get the $$$ back when suspended anyways? But maybe they write something in the contract that a year suspension allows the team to void any future guaranteed $$$? I don't know.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #39
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

To reach the suspension phase means Miller was already in Stage Two of the league’s drug policy, which means he was already subject to unannounced testing up to 10 times a calendar month, according to the policy. And according to the policy, once in Stage Three, as Miller is right now, he stays in Stage Three “for the remainder of his NFL career.’’

Miller will be subject to unannounced testing, up to 10 times per calendar month, for the remainder of his career. The testing schedule will be set at “the sole discretion of the medical advisor.’’ The policy also states that players in Stage Three, like Miller, are tested for the “Drug Panel and alcohol.’’

A violation in Stage Three and the player is “banished from the NFL for a minimum period of one calendar year.’’ The policy adds that even if a player is eventually reinstated after a year out, “he will remain in Stage Three for the remainder of his NFL career, subject to continued testing and indefinite banishment.’’

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...in-drug-policy
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #40
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

So he has two choices. He can choose drugs or football.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #41
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
So he has two choices. He can choose drugs or football.
Pretty simple at this point.

Find some new friends, put down the bong for your career and go on to be one of the best.

It is sad that we have to worry about him getting a year long suspension for any infraction now, but the reality is, this is not even an issue for so many players in the league (or our team) period. DT, Decker, WW, Clady, Manning, etc.

Time to man up and mature. Put your career ahead of your personal life. If he has an ounce of a brain upstairs he will realize this.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #42
DENVERDUI55

Here is the deal in my opinion. I have said before that all this stuff knocks down Millers value but at the end I don't think that is the case. A guy like him will still get paid top dollar either in Denver or somewhere else. The difference now is teams will put all sorts of behavior clauses in the contract and may even require piss tests every week or something(if allowed by the new CBA).
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #43
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 19m

Reality I've confirmed for #Broncos star Von Miller: He is now in Stage 3 of @NFL's drug policy. Next violation is minimum 1-year suspension

https://twitter.com/RapSheet

Players move to Stage 3 if they have two positive tests when in Stage 2 or one positive test to go with one instance when the player failed to comply with the program.

Players who are placed into Stage 3 remain in Stage 3 for the remainder of their careers.

The minimum suspension for a violation in Stage 3 is a calendar year.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2371127...drugs-policies
What is with these football players? Is it really that hard to stay out of trouble?
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #44
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Here is the deal in my opinion. I have said before that all this stuff knocks down Millers value but at the end I don't think that is the case. A guy like him will still get paid top dollar either in Denver or somewhere else. The difference now is teams will put all sorts of behavior clauses in the contract and may even require piss tests every week or something(if allowed by the new CBA).
under the new CBA, those kinds of clauses are already written into the contracts of every NFL player. Teams do not have choice anymore.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #45
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
under the new CBA, those kinds of clauses are already written into the contracts of every NFL player. Teams do not have choice anymore.
Can the team require more piss testing that what the league does?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #46
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Can the team require more piss testing that what the league does?
, no.....10 times a month isn't enough?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #47
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
, no.....10 times a month isn't enough?
I didn't know how much it was. Wow he could very easily miss a test.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #48
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

I can see a cottage industry springing up;

"Got a pee test coming up you are worried about call "Rent -A - Dick"
Old 08-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #49
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

I think we should be more concerned with the situation with Champ's injury that Von's suspension.