The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,426

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default MILLENNIAL GENERATION IS ABANDONING LIBERALISM (you're not trying hard enough)

http://www.people-press.org/2012/11/...mattered-more/

Quote:
Obama’s support among young voters declined among many of the same subgroups in the overall electorate in which he lost ground, particularly whites, men and independents. Obama won a majority of white non-Hispanics under 30 in 2008, but lost this group to Romney this year. In contrast, Obama won young African Americans and Hispanics by margins that were about as large as in 2008.

His losses among young voters since 2008 might have been even greater, but for the fact that the under 30s are by far the most racially and ethnically diverse age group. Just 58% are white non-Hispanic, compared with 76% of voters older than 30.



http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ple-democratic

Quote:
Obama's presidency, meanwhile, is only seen as a moderate success – as illustrated by a rather close re-election margin in the popular vote. Given past history, it's expected to be seen as somewhere between good and average, as far as presidencies go. We would expect, therefore, that people who come of age during this presidency to be about as Democratic as the nation, or slightly more so.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ing-Liberalism

Quote:
On Election Day in 2008, 37.4% of incoming freshman women and 30.5% men identified themselves as liberals or leftists, the most in 35 years. This corresponded four years later to 33% of Millennials describing themselves on Election Day 2012 as liberals. Given that Barack Obama lost a majority of the over 29 year olds’ vote by 50% to 48%, it was his 61% to 36% support among 18-29 year olds that swung the election in his favor. The media proclaimed that Obama’s reelection was proof the Millennials would power liberalism to dominate American politics for the many decades.
Support for Obama has fallen by 9% since Election Day, but it is the 15% collapse in support by Millennialsthat is driving Obama’s fall. Furthermore, first-year college students self-identifying as liberals has also dropped by 5 points to 26.4% for men and 32.4% for women.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Thread title should read "Obama", not "liberalism". If you think young people are rejecting liberalism, you haven't been paying attention, and you're an idiot.

I mean if that data means people are rejecting "liberalism", what do the past two election cycles say about "conservatism"?

Dumb. Try again.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,426

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Thread title should read "Obama", not "liberalism". If you think young people are rejecting liberalism, you haven't been paying attention, and you're an idiot.

I mean if that data means people are rejecting "liberalism", what do the past two election cycles say about "conservatism"?

Dumb. Try again.
I knew you were going to say that. Look at Stone: . Look at Damon: .

The only reason you say that is because you have to protect liberalism because its failed everywhere else.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer
 
Mr.Meanie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,606

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
I knew you were going to say that. Look at Stone: . Look at Damon: .

The only reason you say that is because you have to protect liberalism because its failed everywhere else.
Those people you are referring to are upset at Obama because he's too conservative. Isn't that the exact opposite of your thread title?
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,589
Default

Hobo is epic fail
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,426

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Hobo is epic fail
You thinking about that little list again.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #7
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

at thread, title, OP and his life in general.

Wah wah.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #8
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,426

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,384

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

The comedy is that some people think it matters who gets elected.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #10
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The comedy is that some people think it matters who gets elected.
Well it does...it just matters less the higher up you get.

It's more important to vote in local elections than county, county than state, state than federal.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #11
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
If you think young people are rejecting liberalism, you haven't been paying attention, and you're an idiot.
That and he clearly has spent much time around young people. And yes, he's clearly an idiot. This has been demonstrated far too often to ignore.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #12
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I agree with a lot of people who say Obama has failed. I hold some of those feelings too. The drone strikes, we are still in Afghanistan, him not really budging on Drugs and his slow to the gay marriage.

But the reality of the situation is the main reason Obama gets a failing grade are republicans refusing to work with him on even elemental issues. So maybe in hind site Obama was not prepared for what the Republicans had in store for him and I am sure he would do a lot of things differently. But I know the next President will know exactly how to treat those knuckle dragging, racist barking, inbred Republicans. She has been dealing with the bastards a long time. She have 8 years of the Presidency to straighten out all the issues we have now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #13
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I agree with a lot of people who say Obama has failed. I hold some of those feelings too. The drone strikes, we are still in Afghanistan, him not really budging on Drugs and his slow to the gay marriage.

But the reality of the situation is the main reason Obama gets a failing grade are republicans refusing to work with him on even elemental issues. So maybe in hind site Obama was not prepared for what the Republicans had in store for him and I am sure he would do a lot of things differently. But I know the next President will know exactly how to treat those knuckle dragging, racist barking, inbred Republicans. She has been dealing with the bastards a long time. She have 8 years of the Presidency to straighten out all the issues we have now.
What's sad is you (maybe) honestly think Nancy and Harry were working hard to reach across the aisle and work with President Bush.

So far as you absolve Obama, you also absolve Bush.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,384

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
What's sad is you (maybe) honestly think Nancy and Harry were working hard to reach across the aisle and work with President Bush.

So far as you absolve Obama, you also absolve Bush.
What part of Bush's agenda was he unable to shove through that gutless Congress? They should have called that one "The Supine Congress." All Bush had to do was whistle and they rolled over. And remember the press? They knew they'd get tossed off Bush's banquet service if they got out of line so they kept their mouths shut, kissed some Bush ass, and rode the gravy train for eight years. People forget, the NYTimes did more to take down Al Gore and sell the Iraq invasion than any other single news organization. They did a better job than Fox Spews. The second Bush left office, the Right Wing mouth breathers suddenly "rediscovered" their fiscal conservatism. First president ever to not veto a single bill in his first term. Why should he? He got everything he wanted.

What Obama has dealt with is the polar opposite of what Bush had facing him. The last president to face the kind of radical polarization of a major party that Obama has faced was Lincoln. Of course, Right Wingers compete with China in their penchant for rewriting history. Half of America (the half that listens to Fox Spews) thinks they are victims, even though their policy agenda has dominated the country for thirty years.

Of course, Obama has failed miserably. Imagine if Lincoln had come into office and simply ignored the secession of states? That's the equivalent of what Obama has done in the face of the Wall Street/Bankster takeover of our country. Instead, he invited some of the biggest pirates to come into his WH and map out his policy for him.

I can only imagine what TR would have done. 2/3rds of those crooks would have been sitting behind bars right now. The rest would have been financially ruined. And the people wouldn't have been stuck with the tab. Too big to fail? TR would have laughed out loud and with a big, ****-eating grin, marched down Wall Street and personally dragged those thieves from their mahogany throne rooms.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 08-21-2013 at 08:39 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #15
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Dems rip new Fannie Mae regulatory measure

July 28, 2005

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/200...0231122581039/

Quote:
White House efforts to trim the portfolios of mortgage lenders Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac drew criticism from the Senate's top Democrat.

...

The measure is seen as a way to trim the portfolios of the entities, which have come under attack from Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan among others, as bloated.

"The legislation from the Senate banking committee, passed today on a party line vote by the Republican majority, includes measures that could cripple the ability of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to carry out their mission of expanding homeownership," said Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., the Senate Minority Leader Thursday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #16
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Thread title should read "Obama", not "liberalism". If you think young people are rejecting liberalism, you haven't been paying attention, and you're an idiot.

I mean if that data means people are rejecting "liberalism", what do the past two election cycles say about "conservatism"?

Dumb. Try again.
To save liberalism, throw Obama under the bus. Nice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #17
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
To save liberalism, throw Obama under the bus. Nice.
No?

The article itself refers to several polls about people's reaction to "Obama".

Not a whole lot in there about "liberalism".
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,384

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

For all intents and purposes, Obama has been a seamless transition from Bush. The Right Wingers are only hysterical about him because he's black.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #19
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
For all intents and purposes, Obama has been a seamless transition from Bush. The Right Wingers are only hysterical about him because he's black.
Well it has to be. After all that's what The Narrative says. There are plenty of differences which you choose to ignore which you would see if for example you read through a conservative site like Townhall or the DC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #20
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
That and he clearly has spent much time around young people. And yes, he's clearly an idiot. This has been demonstrated far too often to ignore.
The ignorance of youth? I think we're all aware of it. That's why they went for O to begin with.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,384

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Well it has to be. After all that's what The Narrative says. There are plenty of differences which you choose to ignore which you would see if for example you read through a conservative site like Townhall or the DC.
Narrative my ass. If I said the narrative was A, you'd say it was B. If I said it was B, you'd say it was A. It's all just bull****. By any political measure of policy and program, there has been little variation since Reagan came into office.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #22
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

A lot of people are disappointed with his presidency from my generation. However, it would be disingenuous to state millenials are abandoning liberalism or like qualities. Most embrace them. If anything, more people are becoming apathetic about American politics. I still see rigorous involvement from youth at the state and local levels.

If I strolled downtown here and asked millenials if they line up more with liberalism or conservatism, I would wager an overwhelming majority would say the former.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #23
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
A lot of people are disappointed with his presidency from my generation. However, it would be disingenuous to state millenials are abandoning liberalism or like qualities. Most embrace them. If anything, more people are becoming apathetic about American politics. I still see rigorous involvement from youth at the state and local levels.

If I strolled downtown here and asked millenials if they line up more with liberalism or conservatism, I would wager an overwhelming majority would say the former.
And don't you live in a red state?

I live in Indiana right now, and I can't find a single person under 35 who is a conservative. Not saying there aren't any...that's far from true, but to say millennials are dropping liberalism?



No.

No, and no, and no.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,384

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Just because Fox and the rabid Right keep squealing that Obama is a liberal socialist doesn't make him one. I'm sure most twenty-somethings see through the bull****.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #25
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
And don't you live in a red state?

I live in Indiana right now, and I can't find a single person under 35 who is a conservative. Not saying there aren't any...that's far from true, but to say millennials are dropping liberalism?



No.

No, and no, and no.
Yeah. I am back up in North Dakota. I live in the downtown metro area so Minnesota is just a stones throw away. This area isn't like the rest of the state, but it has a lot of liberal qualities due to several schools being in the area. There are definitely conservatives here, but the number of youth who are is astoundingly low. When I was with the governmental and collegiate affairs commission with the NDSA/SG -- I had the opportunity to see the grassroots efforts from both sides of the spectrum. Regardless of where I went, "libs" had more boots on the ground than the other guys, especially East of the Missouri.

I had done some work for the College Republicans and state party re: graphic design and publication development for the first time Obama ran. I had done a district of analysis of Ron Paul and helped spearhead the efforts to get him to speak at my Uni because I thought it would be interesting. Hardly any youth showed up. Very few college Republicans, maybe twenty of their several hundred. At Dem events without major figures, way more people showed up.

All and all -- It was worth the coin. I was paid well for my efforts. Was surprised to see what I did.

The truth of the matter is this: liberalism isn't being abandoned. In many ways my peers are looking for stronger reforms than what Congress and our spineless leaders have put into place. Some have reverted to apathy all together. I would venture to say most my peers do not give a **** one way or the other nationally. They realize grassroot efforts locally make more of a difference.

Hobo can keep firing blanks though. He is used to it.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Denver Broncos